MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

I think if any party who wanted to know our country's military capability and facilities, they would have already gotten it with other means ( I leave it to your imagination on this), and furthermore, Malaysia does not poses any threat to its neighbors and whatsmore to the world? No political nor economical interest, either.

Suffice to say that the questions on military radars' locations and range etc in the PC is asked to help in understanding more on how and why the SAR com.team thinks that the flight have veered to the Andaman sea. Sometime questions asked can prompt the team to generate ideas and suggestions, just like a brain-storming session.

Edited by Cire

.....fishy in the sense that they were possibly trying to get the army generals to disclose classified infos such as radar locations and capabilities.

Hardware info I think can be dug out if one really put effort into it

Those radars were bought from elsewhere, installation would also have required foreign expertise

More likely than not, foreigners would also have been involved in training on their operation (at least initially)

So there will be plenty of outsiders in the know of what hardware there is

Same outsiders will also know where these facilities are located. Furthermore, there is now google earth (if I can locate my mango tree in the garden just by casual browsing ......)

So not much confidentiality as far as hardware is concerned

What they, the interested outsiders want to know will be info on how our military people are actually operating the system nowadays, and if really there is a functional system intact still

And this info is what the military big wigs are at pains to divulge as little of as is necessary (as alluded to by Mushrif and Doc Naim earlier already)

I think if any party who wanted to know our country's military capability and facilities, they would have already gotten it with other means ( I leave it to your imagination on this), and furthermore, Malaysia does not poses any threat to its neighbors and whatsmore to the world? No political nor economical interest, either.

Suffice to say that the questions on military radars' locations and range etc in the PC is asked to help in understanding more on how and why the SAR com.team thinks that the flight have veered to the Andaman sea. Sometime questions asked can prompt the team to generate ideas and suggestions, just like a brain-storming session.

Malaysian may not feel that Malaysia is in anyway a threat. However Malaysia is a threat to Thailand as Malaysia supports the Muslims in the south of Thailand. You may wish to figure out why Singapore needs to have a band of proactive navy, army and airforce in place...

I don't think there is much Malaysia will offer in terms of military secrets or security. Not for biggies like China anyway.

I don't understand why the ACARS info and any communication between the aircraft and MAS can't be made open to the public like Air France in the AF447 incident had. I still believe they are withholding a lot of information. Probably a lack of it would undermine the 'security' on the part of MAS?

Edited by S V Choong

..... and furthermore, Malaysia does not poses any threat to its neighbors and whatsmore to the world? No political nor economical interest, either.

May have slipped your mind there is that cluster called the Spratly Islands very very nearby, how big brother up north has intensified activities in the area lately and the proposed ADIZ over the South China Sea ?

Hardware info I think can be dug out if one really put effort into it

Those radars were bought from elsewhere, installation would also have required foreign expertise

More likely than not, foreigners would also have been involved in training on their operation (at least initially)

So there will be plenty of outsiders in the know of what hardware there is

Same outsiders will also know where these facilities are located. Furthermore, there is now google earth (if I can locate my mango tree in the garden just by casual browsing ......)

So not much confidentiality as far as hardware is concerned

What they, the interested outsiders want to know will be info on how our military people are actually operating the system nowadays, and if really there is a functional system intact still

And this info is what the military big wigs are at pains to divulge as little of as is necessary (as alluded to by Mushrif and Doc Naim earlier already)

True and well said,which is why im worried that in times like these, we might indirectly disclose SOPs etc to the foreigners. An example maybe would be that we did not track a plane that might have went off course. Is there a loophole?or is it only in the movies that all 'hostile' planes can be tracked real time.

I have little knowledge on military protocols, just worried that some security might be compromised in the process with so many countries involved and so many sensitive information being probed by the media who needs to feed their 24 hour coverage.

Just like to know if any of u pilots here would have such simulator at home for fun?I am trying to figure if i have more than 15.000 hrs flying time,With that much flying experience plus yearly refresher courses would still need the extra hours at home?I imagine after a long flights/sector the cockpit is the thing u want to be reminded off until the next flight.

Those photos have been intentionally reduced from HD to lower quality by the Chinese Govt. That i'm certain of.

yeah... I believe it's intentionally degraded too. If the US's survey aka spy satelite could even see the license plate of a car, I think Chinese's tech would not be that far off.

BTW, speaking of spy, how come there' s no drone taking part in the search?

May have slipped your mind there is that cluster called the Spratly Islands very very nearby, how big brother up north has intensified activities in the area lately and the proposed ADIZ over the South China Sea ?

Malaysian may not feel that Malaysia is in anyway a threat. However Malaysia is a threat to Thailand as Malaysia supports the Muslims in the south of Thailand. You may wish to figure out why Singapore needs to have a band of proactive navy, army and airforce in place...

I don't think there is much Malaysia will offer in terms of military secrets or security. Not for biggies like China anyway.

I don't understand why the ACARS info and any communication between the aircraft and MAS can't be made open to the public like Air France in the AF447 incident had. I still believe they are withholding a lot of information. Probably a lack of it would undermine the 'security' on the part of MAS?

Ok,noted. What our neighbors worry about is some renegaded wayward religious group in-grown in the country creating havoc to neighboring countries which we may not be able to notice, contain nor eradicate. Ok, that I get it. Yes, possible since our borders are so porous and the incompetency of the authorities is so glaring.

Just like to know if any of u pilots here would have such simulator at home for fun?I am trying to figure if i have more than 15.000 hrs flying time,With that much flying experience plus yearly refresher courses would still need the extra hours at home?I imagine after a long flights/sector the cockpit is the thing u want to be reminded off until the next flight.

Some would say, its the passion of flying. When you love your job, you will never actually "off work" from your actual flying occupation.

And honing one's skills is nothing wrong more so for a pilot. One can't take the lives of the passengers as training tool because if anything happen, one can't push the reset button and everything is back to normal. Twice a year actual simulation may not be enough to some but that's the minimum.

If somehow sometime when the pilot felt that doing his/her job is a chao, then its time for h/her to reconsider a refresher course or look for another occupation/scenario.

As far as I recalled, my pilot cousins never stop talking about their flights when off duty, and they too have simulators at home, but not as elaborate as Capt.Zaharie.

By the way, can anyone explain to me what the term IGARI means?

And i browsed through my photos in Bali a few years back and so a MAS 777 plane with a rego RO on the front wheel cover. Before i get excited, is thatthe same plane as im unable to see the rego on the tail.

By the way, can anyone explain to me what the term IGARI means?

And i browsed through my photos in Bali a few years back and so a MAS 777 plane with a rego RO on the front wheel cover. Before i get excited, is thatthe same plane as im unable to see the rego on the tail.

IGARI is a waypoint - doesn't mean anything.

and yes, RO on the nose wheel means MRO. That is the plane you flew on.

If anyone is keen to find out the location of Malaysia's military installations, don't you think there are more discreet methods than posing questions in a press conference??

China as you see could immediately train 10 high resolution satellites to look into this small area!! Other nations have highly equipped AEW airplanes that could already see everything. In the same way, I am certain Malaysia knows where all its neighbours' military hardware are located.

KC Sim

Sounds more like SR111 all over again.

Could it be SR111 + AF447? Looks possible now. One thing for sure, MH370 is definitely in for Air Crash Investigation/ Mayday/ Seconds from Disaster series.

It's Day 6, hopefully by end of today we have more constructive answer and result. Fingers crossed.

No sighting of any debris or objects at the "suspected crash area at sea" spotted by Chinese satellite. - 8TV Mid Day Mandarin News

Malaysian officials are either poor communicators or just incompetent, says expert

"Former National Transportation Safety Board managing director Peter Goelz said this was the worst he had ever seen in disaster management."

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/malaysian-officlals-are-either-poor-communicators-or-just-incompetent-says

IGARI is a waypoint - doesn't mean anything.

and yes, RO on the nose wheel means MRO. That is the plane you flew on.

Ok..so i was onboard the plane that day. Chilling. But if it has been in srvice for 12 years im sure many of us might have been onbooard before

If anyone is keen to find out the location of Malaysia's military installations, don't you think there are more discreet methods than posing questions in a press conference??

China as you see could immediately train 10 high resolution satellites to look into this small area!! Other nations have highly equipped AEW airplanes that could already see everything. In the same way, I am certain Malaysia knows where all its neighbours' military hardware are located.

KC Sim

Maybe not the physical location but the operation procedures and weaknesses in our system or security might be exposed weather through statements, PC or as the situation goes on. How are they going to disclose info without exposing any loopholes or flaws that contributed to the current situation?

This incidence marks another true revelation of a poor management and inefficiencies of and outdated government of which the local media is not allowed to criticise.

Rodzali Daud, the Malaysian air force chief, told a news conference on Wednesday that an aircraft was plotted on military radar at 2:15 a.m., 200 miles northwest of Penang Island off Malaysia's west coast at the northern tip of the Strait of Malacca.

But there has been no confirmation that the unidentified plane was Flight MH370, Rodzali said, and Malaysia was sharing the data with international civilian and military authorities, including those from the United States.

"We are corroborating this," he added. "We are still working with the experts."

AGONISING WAIT

According to the data cited by Rodzali, if the radar had spotted the missing plane, the aircraft would have flown for 45 minutes and dropped only about 5,000 feet in altitude since its sighting on civilian radar in the Gulf of Thailand.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/13/us-malaysiaairlines-flight-idUSBREA2701720140313

It seems RMAF radar capability is better, advanced and beyond than USAF :clapping: :good:

This is crazy! Indian Ocean now?

===

RT: @airchive: BREAKING: @WSJ reports that engine monitoring data shows missing 777 was airborne for five hours #MH370 http://on.wsj.com/1lYw4kp @jonostrower

The plot thicken further.

Could it be SR111 + AF447? Looks possible now. One thing for sure, MH370 is definitely in for Air Crash Investigation/ Mayday/ Seconds from Disaster series.

It's Day 6, hopefully by end of today we have more constructive answer and result. Fingers crossed.

May need a mini series to cover the whole story.

U.S. investigators said they believe the plane stayed in the air for four hours after its last confirmed location, according to the Wall Street Journal. If true, it would mean the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles. U.S. aviation officials based their conclusions on data automatically downloaded and sent as part of a routine maintenance program in the Boeing 777’s engines, the Journal said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/china-satellite-spots-floating-objects/2014/03/13/72688034-aa68-11e3-b61e-8051b8b52d06_story.html

Unless MH didn't receive ACARS data means lots of information was not forthcoming, a cover up? Who do we believe?

Edited by KK Lee

Both local and overseas observers have criticised the way the Malaysian SAR Comm.team is handling the situation. Incoherence, aimless, and cluelessness is the soup of the day.

Although the disappearance of MH370 is unprecedented, management of crisis should not be any different. Maybe a case of too many Generals spoils the search here.

The DCA seriously need help from experts to help coordinate the search who would ask the appropriate questions, and challenges the answers to further strengthen the effectiveness of the search.

Time to swallow their pride and ask for help.

The plots thicken.

US Aviation's report that the plane could have flown 4 hours after last com may mean that it was hijacked, and now hidden away.

In other articles, the writer claims that all the Malaysian and Chinese software technicians for Freescale whom are highly valuable personnel for the plant who manufactures hightech military wares's software.

Possible that the plane is hijacked for this reason?

Or some uprising of a fanatical group in China just like the KunMing train station stabbings?

Does anyone know if the data link for the engines is transmitted to base via ACARS or its a independent system?