MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

I don't read too much into accidents such as the Genting Bus tragedy because it's all too familiar. Not the first and probably not going to be the last. The law is there and in some cases a staggering amount of summonses had been issued. The issue is more on enforcing the current law.

Likewise there is no guarantee setting a ala-NTSB would work if the attitude remains the same. To cite another example we had Immigration, PDRM, TLDM, MMEA and ESSCOM but the Suluk still came.

True, diligence at work is very important.

However, if we had the institutions in place, led by capable qualified people, less time would be wasted getting organised. The first two or three days of this case were very chaotic - with information issued and then corrected and retracted. There was no SOP.

Edited by flee

For as long as the various ministries are run by ministers who haven't got a clue of what they are supposed to do, all interventions and deliveries planned for the country will never take off. So, if Malaysia decides to set up a NTSA agency, I plead that it should be impartial and is subjected to world authorities's standards of operations.

Otherwise, it will be another of the many white elephants out there.

Did any of the investigation team able to explain the possible reasons why MH370 flew at a higher altitude near Igari point?

Was it done to try starving the plane of oxygen to dose off the fire? Or it was deliberately done to a more sinister reason - to deprive oxygen to the souls on board.

Was the flight into the South Indian ocean a deliberate and calculated one, or it's just a ghost plane flying on its last errorly dialed coordinates?

Last 2 hours of the black box contents will determine whether there are in fact still soul alive in the plane or it is flying on its own till fuel ran out. Perhaps, there may be a message recorded on it too.

There is a Kalitta B742F due here in just under 2 hours with black box detection gear on board to be towed behind a ship. It's N794CK.

And commercial aircraft once again get involved in SAR with Skytraders A319 VH-VHD heading to the suspected crash site now, it's on FR24.

Almost every dailies carried some articles about China demanding Malaysia to come clean on its findings about the MH370. It appears that there is a conspiracy to hide the truth from the general public.

I wondered why the papers felt so? Creating some sensationalised non-existing issues to sell papers? Perhaps it is.

I would rather think that the Malaysian government do not know anymore than what they are told by the experts in this field. They may be clueless, and uninformative at times (due to unverified findings, securities, etc), but does this concurred as being deceiving?

Meanwhile, Malaysia is trying to mend its image with radios and TVs are constantly explaining and reminding Malaysians not to continue lambasting the government for its allegedly poor performance in conducting the SAR etc.

They have called upon FBs users to realise that this incidence is unprecedented worldwide and this make it a very complex issue to tackle. It also said that even with the help of international countries, they have made little progress up till the confirmation of the Immarset and AAIB findings. Still, finding the debris, plane or blackbox is not guaranteed as the region is known for its very violatile waters and depthness.

Almost every dailies carried some articles about China demanding Malaysia to come clean on its findings about the MH370. It appears that there is a conspiracy to hide the truth from the general public.

I wondered why the papers felt so? Creating some sensationalised non-existing issues to sell papers? Perhaps it is.

I would rather think that the Malaysian government do not know anymore than what they are told by the experts in this field. They may be clueless, and uninformative at times (due to unverified findings, securities, etc), but does this concurred as being deceiving?

Meanwhile, Malaysia is trying to mend its image with radios and TVs are constantly explaining and reminding Malaysians not to continue lambasting the government for its allegedly poor performance in conducting the SAR etc.

They have called upon FBs users to realise that this incidence is unprecedented worldwide and this make it a very complex issue to tackle. It also said that even with the help of international countries, they have made little progress up till the confirmation of the Immarset and AAIB findings. Still, finding the debris, plane or blackbox is not guaranteed as the region is known for its very violatile waters and depthness.

There is no smoke without fire, PRC gomen rarely sanctioned protest at Embassy, PRC gomen have reasons to believe and is discontent that MYS gomen is not forthcoming with information.

Given rumours and pledges on Weibo, expect MH booking, tourism industry and trade to take a hit.

There is no smoke without fire, PRC gomen rarely sanctioned protest at Embassy, PRC gomen have reasons to believe and is discontent that MYS gomen is not forthcoming with information.

Given rumours and pledges on Weibo, expect MH booking, tourism industry and trade to take a hit.

The PRC government is dickless - if they were to acknowledge the facts in hand then they family's anger will be directed to them. When that happens, the emperors running the show will be on shaky ground. Easier to bully a less powerful nation than defending oneself from an attack on unstable grounds.

In fact the government's reticence on the China matter is beginning to crack as Hishammuddin rightly pointed out how China's lead back during the early days of this incident which turned out to be false "detracted" from the search efforts.

It is exactly this way of thinking that is perpetuating the suspicion. I personally give full credit and compliments to the SAR team for such a monumental task. Call me naive, I have never for a moment doubted the intent of the team/Malaysia govt/MH. If China or other countries have data to contest the authenticity of the Malaysian teams data/findings, pray come forward and speak now or forever hold your silence!

Rumour stating that AJ had tendered his resignation. Any insider news to confirm this?? MAS really needs him now to steer the Group, more than ever.....Poor AJ.

AJ should not tender his resignation now ... as much as I can understand the immense stress that he is going through and as much as I can imagine some folks are putting pressure on him to resign ... he should only consider resigning only after this entire search and subsequent investigation is finished. And it may turn out there is absolutely no reason for him to resign at all and that he is much needed to grab hold of all the lessons learnt to take MAS forward.

Resigning now is tantamount to giving those bashing MAS and Malaysia the ammunition they need to say that he is shirking responsibilities.

Sure, the handling of this crisis is not perfect ... but show me a crisis management that is. There will always be something that can be better handled and there are lessons that can be learnt from it, but one has to stay on for the lessons to be of value to the organization.

So I hope this talk about AJ's resignation is merely a cruel rumour. MAS' CEO should learn on small lesson from the other AJ (from Qantas) who should but absolutely refused to resign.

KC Sim

AJ can't do much even before this accident due to politician meddling with MAS affairs. I would take this opportunity to resign just to get out from all these, although I'll be careful not to become a scapegoat.

By the way over here not everyone have the guts to step down even when their dirty laundry has been expose internationally. Cows in condo?

Don't think there would be much chance to hide anything now that this is a BIG international news. Based on the first few PC can be seen that we were caught off and don't know how to handle, but as time goes by things got more manageable and I agree that we just lack the knowledge on some of the technology being used to search i.e. Inmarsat, Doppler effect etc. I don't expect anyone giving the PC to know about this.

Still, I have to warn that our image hasn't been good overseas for the past decade or so due to some pretty nasty bad press - demos, election etc.

During a TV interview yesterday, Capt.Dato Nik were encourages his former pilot colleagues to held their heads high and walk proudly as a Malaysian, and as a MAS pilots. I agreed and admired his encouragement to his fellow ex-colleagues. This too goes to the cabin crews as well.

All members of the MAS team must not feel any lesser or despairs now as whatever happened to MH370, it is not of their doing. They must continue with their professionalism standards even in the midst of getting sneered at, or talked about.

Some of the biggest bashers of any country are those who have not visited the country they are bashing!! Shocking truth??

Like it or not Malaysians are polarized, with a sizeable group suspicious and questioning the government's policies, actions etc. Unfortunately this mindset was also extended by some into the current disaster investigation, rather than exhibiting solidarity in times of crisis. And the international press hounds love nothing more than a sniff of it to magnify and blow it out of proportion, despite not understanding the politics of this country well. After all "Big Brother knows best". Reminds me of the Bangkok street protest.

Edited by V Wong

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/258240

Nufam wants AJ to step down......

So in the future, if Nufam's president becomes CEO, he can avoid the mishap before the airplane flies!

NUFAM? Did you say NUFAM..? Ape tu...? Menangguk di air keruh

If a CEO ditches a company in such difficult period, then I certainly would not have any confidence in that company nor respect for the CEO. AJ won't do it, for now.

Edited by V Wong

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/258240

Nufam wants AJ to step down......

So in the future, if Nufam's president becomes CEO, he can avoid the mishap before the airplane flies!

The office bearers of NUFAM is an opportunist. Riding on AJ's wakes of negativity, they decided the best time to end their opponent is when he is down. Their shortsighted vision failed to see beyond AJ, and MAS's presence predicament. Its not about AJ, or MAS alone. Its about the nation.

NUFAM should put aside their differences with the Management and rally behind them. The truth will eventually come out.

People on the outside is rallying behind MAS, and yet NUFAM decides to create more issue at this crucial moment ! hai...

Let NUFAM be. The only thing that their attack will achieve is exposing their lack of credibility.

Like it or not Malaysians are polarized, with a sizeable group suspicious and questioning the government's policies, actions etc. Unfortunately this mindset was also extended by some into the current disaster investigation, rather than exhibiting solidarity in times of crisis. And the international press hounds love nothing more than a sniff of it to magnify and blow it out of proportion, despite not understanding the politics of this country well. After all "Big Brother knows best". Reminds me of the Bangkok street protest.

Bipartisanship is not a widely known concept here I guess. Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

I missed some of comments but as result, I really can't believe to a plane which is flying approx 7 hours more,crossing 3 countries (includes Singapore) and no one recognize the plane who is flying "unidentified"?!?!?

I understand about ATC could not see if transponder and other electronic transmitters has been switched off but military radars are works as "echo" becouse of military defend system based on irregular threats. As far as I know, military radars maybe doesn't seems under 1000ft on ASL but in depends on radar location. Are you believe to a huge 777 flies below 1000ft? even if they flies between 1000 or 120000ft (according as some rumours or source), it must be take attentions.

I still belive something wrong about the missing story. The plane crashed on the sea, ok but story is not reliable still. If they found south of Vietnam maybe would be much reliable but current searching area and how the plane reach the point without any recognations.......it is unbelivable!

I hope someone says truth someday.

By the way.. What is Malindo's CEO doing in the PC today? Is he there to answer questions from the press regarding the Malindo plane that had one of its engine caught fire while flying? If that's the case, its totally not related to the PC which is about MH 370 right?

'History will judge us well' on MH370: Malaysia

KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) - Malaysia's government said on Wednesday that it would be judged favourably by posterity over its much-questioned handling of the crisis over missing flight MH370.

"I think history will judge us well," Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein told a daily press briefing on the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight.

Mr Hishammuddin had been asked how Malaysia would be able to repair its image and "bruising" treatment by the international media.

"'Bruising,' I think is a bit too harsh because this is unprecedented," he said.

"Anybody who has gone through this, what we have gone through... has indicated to me that we have done quite an admirable job."

Malaysia's authoritarian government has come under international criticism over the unexplained disappearance of the plane on March 8.

The government, and flag carrier Malaysia Airlines, still say they have no idea what caused the plane to divert far off its intended Kuala Lumpur-Beijing route, enraging relatives who are demanding answers.

Malaysia's initial response to the crisis was plagued by contradictory statements and allegations that authorities wasted precious search time by taking a week to analyse Malaysian military radar that indicated the plane had veered out over the Indian Ocean.

The massive Malaysia-coordinated search effort was eventually reoriented to the Indian Ocean, away from an initial focus on the South China Sea.

"Not many countries in the world could get 26 countries to work together," Mr Hishammuddin said, referring to the size of the international effort at its height.

"Not many countries can get all the most sophisticated planes from countries from every corner of the world to come and assist."

Malaysia said this week the plane was last detected by a satellite far in the southern reaches of the Indian Ocean, where it is presumed to have crashed.

Many of the next-of-kin of MH370 passengers, particularly Chinese relatives, angrily accuse the flag carrier and the Malaysian government of incompetence and withholding information.

A US law firm said earlier on Wednesday that it had initiated what it called the first civil legal proceedings over the crash of flight MH370 and that it planned to pursue lawsuits seeking "millions of dollars" for aggrieved families.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/se-asia/story/history-will-judge-us-well-mh370-malaysia-20140326

Hakan posted : I really can't believe to a plane which is flying approx. 7 hours more, crossing 3 countries (includes Singapore) and no one recognize the plane who is flying "unidentified"?!?!?!

I do not know which newspaper you are reading but MH370 never flew over Singapore's airspace. It certainly flew through Malaysian airspace and headed south (and I do not know if it entered Indonesian or Australian airspace). If you wish to grind an axe with the folks manning military radars, how about looking inwards at the radar stations in the northern part of Peninsula Malaysia before pointing that accusing finger.

KC Sim

The military did not respond when it saw an unidentified flight on its military radar as they had assumed that the air traffic control in Subang had ordered the plane to do a turn back, deputy Defence Minister Datuk Abdul Rahim Bakri told Parliament today.

"It was detected by our radar, but the turn back was by a non-hostile plane and we thought maybe it was at the directive of the control tower," he said in winding up points raised by MPs on the King's royal address.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/military-thought-flight-mh370-turn-back-was-ordered-by-subang-deputy-minist

Alamak ! :rolleyes:

Looks increasingly likely that verification and corroboration protocols only became common SOP post MH370 incident

Edited by BC Tam