MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Try as hard as they might, the Malaysian team will get little sympathies from the relatives or "key board warriors" for their incoherent antics.

Going further to elaborate this will touch on political matters, as the international community who follows on Malaysia's happenings knows full well how the government rules and whats' more with its control of medias etc..

So, I shall refrain from it and summarised as this - initial handling of the situation - bad, clueless, and incoherence. Current handling of the situation - fair and with some degree of refrains, which most likely due to the worry of "loosing face" rather than witholding the information.

The Malaysian team does not want to be seen as sloppy, unthorough and missing out on details, so rather than outright giving out the info, they wil studied it once more (this time thoroughly) before releasing it to their counter-parts.

Malaysia at best should show some restrains on its public activities at the moment, not unless we get another photo or two of our VVIPs enjoying their time during this mourning period.

How come Johor is flying the flag half mask. Is it an official instruction?

Many countries are now involved in the SAR operations in the West Coast of Australia. I wonder why countries like Japan and South Korea, who do not even have a single citizen onboard are participating in the SAR operation.

Any reason why Malaysia is not sending their men and equipment in? After all it is their aircraft and second largest group of nationals inside the aircraft.

Edited by S V Choong

The Japanese and Koreans just love to help. Typically when there's a natural disaster the Japanese (and sometimes Koreans) are always there.

As for the Malaysian... our PM is more concerned about going to the Philippines to witness some rebels signing. That's higher priority for him.

Oh speaking about that, after so many days:

Najib in Philippines..sigh.. damm if you don't, and damm if you do.

Who's on top of things now on the SAR? Who are our highest SAR team officials in Perth, Australia? Don't tell me our people are still in Malaysia waiting for news before going over as that would be one flaw they cannot afford to make. It will be seen as being sloppy and irresponsible.

I think Malaysia sent 2 frigates over to the South China seas to join the search. Our news media have little or none on news about our teams doing the SAR. We see more of foreign ships and planes than our very own.

Perhaps our assets are not that great to begin with as compared to other countries' planes and ships which are far more advance and have further reach. Well, there's not much news about our local boys.

Our journalist have ran out of topic to talk and at now, a Malaysian who have reside in Perth are being interviewed. Malaysians in Perth are ready to volunteer themselves to help out in anticipation of families flying in from Malaysia and elsewhere.

I think the Australian Defence Minister is in charge over at Perth Command Centre........

Gosh, Indian Ocean can be so brutal.....Give us MH370 back now!!!

As for the Malaysian... our PM is more concerned about going to the Philippines to witness some rebels signing. That's higher priority for him.

To be fair he had cancelled other trips to Dubai & Maldives. Call me a government apologist if you like, but you can't just bash for the sake of it. Besides, I rather have Hishammuddin running the show, at least he's more relevant. And with the technology nowadays you can be in constant contact anywhere in the world (which is why I was perplexed that the high-level team in PEK had to return to KUL for one day before going back again. Couldn't they have been briefed on current updates via phone?)

On another note - in line with my earlier post regarding the PRC government, this was released today by the MOT:

"Yesterday, the Malaysian high-level team met with the Chinese relatives of those on board MH370 who are based in Beijing, for the fourth time. Over the duration of the three hour meeting, the relatives received a technical briefing and an update on the search operation. The high-level team also answered questions. Today, the high-level team met relatives again, at 3:25pm Malaysia time. The meeting is still underway.

b. Malaysia is working hard to try and make the briefings to the Chinese relatives in Beijing more productive. Malaysian officials met with His Excellency Huang Huikang, China’s Ambassador to Malaysia, to request the Government of China to engage and clarify the actual situation to the affected families in particular and the Chinese public in general.

I feel they should have demanded instead of requested.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

I wonder if all flights going into China from the South, have to route through Hong Kong ATC and airspace?

I guess the same applies for flights to PVG, KMN, CAN, XMN and so forth?

Okay, just only yesterday that Putrajaya announced that they will send a team down to Perth to assist in the SAR operations...hai..always miles behind.

The team will comprise of Civil Aviation, Air and Naval, and MAS personnels.

I thought it would have been swiftly activated upon Najib's announcement. Lembab... and they can't figure out why the relatives are so mad and accusing them of incompetency and feet dragging after all that they have done thus far.

The US investigators were stumped by the lack of motives found from the investigations they carried out on all the souls onboard MH370. They have no common theories that could narrow down the possibilities. Investigation is on-going on the Capt's flight simulator and it has so far turned up nothing that grabbed any attentions that will give hints as to why the plane ended in this tragic circumstances.

Edited by Cire

I don't think so. What's being currently done is only making us look meek in the hands of a bully.

They are bullying because Malaysia failed to meet their expectations. In fact I think we don't even know what their expectations are. That's why they behaved like the way they are.

I may sound critical maybe because I was with the ground handler that handled SQ6 and we learned a lot about the handling. I agree while many of our ministers said this one is "unprecedented", but just because it is doesn't mean whatever we do is correct. There's no shame asking for help/opinions on how to handle such situations. Rick Clements / SQ / SATS is just a phone call away. Either someone didn't think about it, or our ego was bigger than the aircraft. Now our worldwide perception and confidence have also sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

The other word that the Malaysian govt. is not familiar with is ACCOUNTABILITY.

When your national airline, entrusted with the transportation of civilian passengers, kills 239 people, you have to be accountable. When that is not forthcoming, people get angry.

I do not think the Chinese govt. is bullying - it is only doing what its people expect them to do - get the truth.

However, I think that some of the reaction of victim's families is over the top. But I can also understand their depth of feeling because of China's one child policy - a whole generation has just been wiped out.

Diplomatically, I think both the Chinese and Malaysian govts. are conducting business as to be expected. Both are engaging each other - Malaysians sending high level delegations to Beijing and the Chinese are sending special envoys to Putrajaya.

The Malaysian govt. may be used to bullying its own people. However, this is an international incident and it is not so easy to sweep things under the carpet like they usually do. It is about time that it is strong enough and be accountable for this incident.

I wonder if all flights going into China from the South, have to route through Hong Kong ATC and airspace?

I guess the same applies for flights to PVG, KMN, CAN, XMN and so forth?

CAN, PVG, XMN and PEK all goes via HKG FIR. For KMG you go via BKK, Laos and then entering Chinese FIR.

I don't think so. What's being currently done is only making us look meek in the hands of a bully.

A dickless bully ?

But I can also understand their depth of feeling because of China's one child policy - a whole generation has just been wiped out.

Possibly in some cases, it's the end of the family line ? Edited by BC Tam

Zhang Lifan, a Beijing-based independent commentator, said such mistrust is part of life in China.

"Chinese citizens live in an environment where information is not transparent and they naturally assume that the authorities, whether Chinese or otherwise, are misinforming them," Zhang said, adding that people have "the default position of feeling cheated."

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Relatives-remain-skeptical-about-Malaysia-Airlines-investigation/tabid/417/articleID/337657/Default.aspx#ixzz2xDNZWGI4

They are bullying because Malaysia failed to meet their expectations. In fact I think we don't even know what their expectations are. That's why they behaved like the way they are.

I may sound critical maybe because I was with the ground handler that handled SQ6 and we learned a lot about the handling. I agree while many of our ministers said this one is "unprecedented", but just because it is doesn't mean whatever we do is correct. There's no shame asking for help/opinions on how to handle such situations. Rick Clements / SQ / SATS is just a phone call away. Either someone didn't think about it, or our ego was bigger than the aircraft. Now our worldwide perception and confidence have also sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

Agreed. Since the team have publicly announced that it was an unprecedented event, they should have asked for help from day 1 already before it turns into a crisis.

Folks out there is angered by the poor information given out which resulted in lost days meant for the actual SAR which is now in the South Indian ocean. They are telling the team that due to their incompetencies, and their reluctance to seek help (which gave an impression that they are hiding information), vast resources are put to fruitless SAR operations in the South China seas, which resulted in valuable time lost which could be used to rescue potential survivals as it not been wrongly directed.

Perhaps out of this reluctance and (egoistic) approach by the team, international communities decided to "volunteer" themselves and in the process "save some Malaysian faces..".

hai... when you don' t know how to do it, just admit it is je...

Folks out there is angered by the poor information given out which resulted in lost days meant for the actual SAR which is now in the South Indian ocean. They are telling the team that due to their incompetencies, and their reluctance to seek help (which gave an impression that they are hiding information), vast resources are put to fruitless SAR operations in the South China seas, which resulted in valuable time lost which could be used to rescue potential survivals as it not been wrongly directed.

Boeing & NTSB were dispatched to Malaysia on day 2 (according to Boeing's tweet). The FBI stated that they were not hampered by the Malaysian government and there were no attempts at obfuscation of information. Interpol was consulted after the discovery of the fake passport. Data from Inmarsat was received on the 12 which was duly analyzed by the AAIB. Even China was consulted from the beginning. So to say that the Malaysian government is reluctant to seek help is rather perplexing to say the least.

Wow !!

I think on this I may have to side with the part of me that believes it's better to engage the brain to manipulate situation for one's best advantage (the Chinese are doing just that) rather than going for a full frontal genital assault (increasingly Malaysian approach ?)

Honestly I failed to see how China is being "dickless". I see them using the situation to their advantage. This includes allowing the victims' family to vent their frustration and push their way forward in order for the Malaysian authority to released more info. They are also dealing with their arch rivals too. In this sense, their certainly have much bigger phallus than Malaysia.

The other word that the Malaysian govt. is not familiar with is ACCOUNTABILITY.

When your national airline, entrusted with the transportation of civilian passengers, kills 239 people, you have to be accountable. When that is not forthcoming, people get angry.

I do not think the Chinese govt. is bullying - it is only doing what its people expect them to do - get the truth.

However, I think that some of the reaction of victim's families is over the top. But I can also understand their depth of feeling because of China's one child policy - a whole generation has just been wiped out.

Diplomatically, I think both the Chinese and Malaysian govts. are conducting business as to be expected. Both are engaging each other - Malaysians sending high level delegations to Beijing and the Chinese are sending special envoys to Putrajaya.

The Malaysian govt. may be used to bullying its own people. However, this is an international incident and it is not so easy to sweep things under the carpet like they usually do. It is about time that it is strong enough and be accountable for this incident.

Well said guys. I think someone's attitude was indeed bigger than the 777-200ER. They have wasted quite a lot of time to prove the Malaysia Boleh attitude and that they didn't want to accept the offers from others to help them until it becomes really late. The FBI had repeatedly said the Malaysian authorities didn't want then to help in the beginning and the Vietnamese authorities have indicated that Malaysian side was not forthcoming with information! Edited by S V Choong

Yeah Malaysia should have sent a Search and Location team when the SAL changed to the South corridor.

RMAF C-130MP is configured for maritime patrol, should be suitable for SAR. May be either the crews are not trained for open water SAR or aircraft/navigation is out of service.

The FBI had repeatedly said the Malaysian authorities didn't want then to help in the beginning and the Vietnamese authorities have indicated that Malaysian side was not forthcoming with information!

Allow me to rebut by quoting a Reuters report filed on March 26 which includes statements made by FBI Director James Comey in front of a Senate subcommittee

Comey did not say what results he expected from the FBI's analysis. He also denied allegations that Malaysian authorities had not been open to assistance offered by the FBI in the investigation of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, which has been missing for over two weeks.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/26/us-malaysia-airlines-fbi-idUSBREA2P1AZ20140326

Has the Malaysian government asked Comey to lie to help them save face?

Boeing & NTSB were dispatched to Malaysia on day 2 (according to Boeing's tweet). The FBI stated that they were not hampered by the Malaysian government and there were no attempts at obfuscation of information. Interpol was consulted after the discovery of the fake passport. Data from Inmarsat was received on the 12 which was duly analyzed by the AAIB. Even China was consulted from the beginning. So to say that the Malaysian government is reluctant to seek help is rather perplexing to say the least.

Well said!

Perhaps if the Malaysian team have been disclosing all this behind the scene actions are taking place, then it would not have been perceived as hiding information from the general public.

I am sure there are ways to discreetly inform to the public about what is going on behind the stage so that the public is aware that a lot of people are working on it and until some concrete answers are available , the team will not disclose it further in order not to jeopardise the investigation.. Is this too hard to do?

With the big brother knows best and can do no wrong plus many foreign agencies will be coming to KL to learn, what to learn, improve or change?

RMAF C-130MP is configured for maritime patrol, should be suitable for SAR. May be either the crews are not trained for open water SAR or aircraft/navigation is out of service.

Allow me to rebut by quoting a Reuters report filed on March 26 which includes statements made by FBI Director James Comey in front of a Senate subcommittee

Has the Malaysian government asked Comey to lie to help them save face?

We should not allow the facts to get in the way of a good bashing! Edited by hafiziza