MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Too much going on that at times it's too "irresponsible" to suggest a possibility (speculate). If the debris is confirm then how to explain a north east bound flight ended up in the south west part of the port of origin. :help:

yes there are too many so called experts especially on foreign media - CNN n Fox news with alot theories which some seems improbable. However, i am still concern that the plane could be at somewhere they lost all communication n its transponder ie off Vietnam as this is a fact. From there on - its all conjectures and even then the RMAF primary radar did not communicate with the unidentified plane that was "believed" to be MH370 and no air force jet was sent to identify and confirm. Hence all the way from that point is all maybe(s) and if(s) and "very likely" but never confirmed. But whats interesting is that the theory that the cockpit suffered a fire and knocked out the tech crew but then for the next 6 hours the cabin crew and pax at the back didnt do anything???

yes there are too many so called experts especially on foreign media - CNN n Fox news with alot theories which some seems improbable.

From the media point of view, they are just chasing stories with an open mind. In any investigation, we should not discount any possibilities until evidence is found to disprove them. It is a process of elimination.

Perhaps, the local audience is not mature enough to discern the speculation. Until evidence is found, anything is still possible. So everyone should be able to think for themselves - we should not be coming to any conclusions at this stage.

Australian Maritime Safety Authority website provides great info on the progress of the search:

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/incidents/mh370-search.asp

Here is what I think is my last shot of MRO - spotted on Christmas Day in 2013:

web.jpg

Edited by flee

Not your last shot of MRO I believe. :D

From the media point of view, they are just chasing stories with an open mind. In any investigation, we should not discount any possibilities until evidence is found to disprove them. It is a process of elimination.

Perhaps, the local audience is not mature enough to discern the speculation. Until evidence is found, anything is still possible. So everyone should be able to think for themselves - we should not be coming to any conclusions at this stage.

Actually even some Westerners find the media's excessive speculation tiresome & disgusting. It's not done to further the discussion, but to chase after ratings.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matt-walsh/malaysia-plane-media_b_4988724.html

There will be a lot to learn from MH370 for journalism students in the future.

Australian Maritime Safety Authority website provides great info on the progress of the search:

http://www.amsa.gov.au/media/incidents/mh370-search.asp

Here is what I think is my last shot of MRO - spotted on Christmas Day in 2013:

web.jpg

Beautiful.... yes, its time to come home..

Actually even some Westerners find the media's excessive speculation tiresome & disgusting. It's not done to further the discussion, but to chase after ratings.

Glaringly true. Just listen to the questions posed out in the PCs. Everyone is "hitting" everywhere hoping to fish for some credible points that will be sensationalized later.

Indeed mass communications students should be watching the press conferences to see how those fronting it could be better prepared, could be more careful in their choice of words, in handling planned and unforeseen situations (when relatives of Chinese passengers barged into the conference) ... not just observe what to do but also what not to do or say.

A lot of time was wasted today by journalists who asked the same question as the journalist before them ... they kept wasting time about the technologies needed to find the black boxes when the plane has not even been found, let alone understanding the environment and the kind of technology needed.

Siva Govindasamy of Reuters asked about the phone call made by the co-pilot just before departure ... not sure I got the answer but I would have gathered that is one easy investigation for the Telco people.

It was mentioned that there are only two P-8 Poseidons in the world ... not true because I have already seen for myself two of these being delivered to the Indian Navy ... and the US Navy certainly has more than two also. The one great question I noted was the journalist asking why inflight refueling was not used to extend the loiter time that the aircraft participating in the search along the corridor has. Right now, given the distance from PER, each plane has only about two hours of loiter time to conduct the search. Funnily, Australia has the A330MRTT in its inventory and could easily have used these assets.

KC Sim

I still remember this aircraft 9M-MRO, on upgraded flight that brought me back to Kota Kinabalu as flight MH2640.

DSC_08061.jpg

9M-MRO, Time for you to come back to Malaysia. :cray:

I still remember this aircraft 9M-MRO, on upgraded flight that brought me back to Kota Kinabalu as flight MH2640.

DSC_08061.jpg

9M-MRO, Time for you to come back to Malaysia. :cray:

I didn't realise there is so much life an inanimate object until this event :( Come home

Edited by V Wong

Can someone please tell me what is Malaysia doing about the search? Australia has even dispatched a civilian Bombardier Global Express. We can't spare our Gulfstreams??

Indeed mass communications students should be watching the press conferences to see how those fronting it could be better prepared, could be more careful in their choice of words, in handling planned and unforeseen situations (when relatives of Chinese passengers barged into the conference) ... not just observe what to do but also what not to do or say.

A lot of time was wasted today by journalists who asked the same question as the journalist before them ... they kept wasting time about the technologies needed to find the black boxes when the plane has not even been found, let alone understanding the environment and the kind of technology needed.

Siva Govindasamy of Reuters asked about the phone call made by the co-pilot just before departure ... not sure I got the answer but I would have gathered that is one easy investigation for the Telco people.

It was mentioned that there are only two P-8 Poseidons in the world ... not true because I have already seen for myself two of these being delivered to the Indian Navy ... and the US Navy certainly has more than two also. The one great question I noted was the journalist asking why inflight refueling was not used to extend the loiter time that the aircraft participating in the search along the corridor has. Right now, given the distance from PER, each plane has only about two hours of loiter time to conduct the search. Funnily, Australia has the A330MRTT in its inventory and could easily have used these assets.

KC Sim

Is it the Capt or FO made the call? Though I understand its still being investigated and media is more to Capt.

This section of the PC was the most amusing to me. The sheer lack of knowledge shown by the Malaysian authorities is really shocking.

Yes, even Australia has P-8's (but may not be fully operational)/ As for tankers, the Malaysian minister mentioned that he will ask the US to provide, not knowing that the RAAF already has them.

Can someone please tell me what is Malaysia doing about the search? Australia has even dispatched a civilian Bombardier Global Express. We can't spare our Gulfstreams??

I think they have sent around 7-8 ships down to the South Indian Ocean. This was mentioned at the PC around 2 or 3 days ago.

KC Sim

U mean air to air fueling for the search aircrafts.Not sure if the P3 have that capabilities .But than again i am not sure.But it certainly makes a lot of sense to deploy the A330MRTT to save those aircrafts the 8 hrs of flying time to get to the search area and returning to base.

Not your last shot of MRO I believe. :D

OK, non hazy shot. :)

Yes, free media allows all opinions to be expressed. That is how we can balance our views as all viewpoints can be expressed.

If I'm not wrong the USN P8A has no AAR capability.

Currently the RAAF still operating the P3 and the P8 will only come online in 2017.

The RAAF KC30A boom is still not operational.

Edited by xtemujin

At the moment, the press have nothing much to go on. Either they are too lazy to search for it, or they are already feeling the fatigue to covering the same old issues for the past weeks. There's nothing fresh to go on. Every press conference, journalist have ran out of fresh questions to ask. So much so that it has become laborious for the host to answer them. Like I mentioned before, folks in this particular thread have more constructive questions than the press. Perhaps someone could prompt them to take a peek at his thread?

Anyway, pressmen and women needs to deliver. And whatever scrap of information received, they will do little to research it and verify the source. Its printing straight away..So much so that the credibility of the articles have become a fictional story like reading. Sad.

doesnt matter on the ground or in the air, it shows that Blondies also having fun inside other-than-MAS plane's cockpit...

It does make a huge difference. While i do not know if there is a rule in MAS that do not allow normal passengers to go into the cockpit while the plane is in the air, this rule certainly does exist and is still in force for US carriers. To take pictures inside the cockpit is absolutely ok, even on US carriers that are especially cautious after 9/11 provided the plane is on the ground. That is why every now and then we still can see people happily post their pictures taken inside the flightdeck online and no US carriers pilots have lost their job for allowing normal passengers into the cockpit as they did not break any rules.

One very interesting news relevation at yesterday's press conference is when a foreign reporter from Sky news asked to see the list of cargo carried on the flight and is there any dangerous cargo like lithium ion batteries carried onboard. And with bit of hesistation MAS CEO then said that the plane was carrying lithium ion batteries and as listed as a dangerous cargo it "was supposed to be packed as such". He did not elaborate on the quantity or weight carried. Several containers of these lithium ion batterries poses a huge explosive situtation. What was interesting was that last week, he said only mangosteens were the main item carried! Why was such a lid on this dangerous battery not given then - as lithium ion is unstable at attitude/pressue - and this was the main reason why Boeing's new 787 planes were grounded for more than 3 months asaresult of burning n overheating of these batteries.

Given this fact, then it could be well that the possibilty of the batteries for some reason ignited and thus resulting in a sudden catastrophic disintegration of the plane off vietnam.

And it is surprising that this information was not released by MAS nor the Officials incl the acting MOT. Is there really then a cover up of some of the facts known by the Malaysian officials???

Given this fact, then it could be well that the possibilty of the batteries for some reason ignited and thus resulting in a sudden catastrophic disintegration of the plane off vietnam.

However we have pretty much given up hope of finding anything off the coast of Vietnam or South China Sea. Assuming there was a sudden disintegration of the aircraft there somehow the plane can still zigzag towards Andaman Sea and vanished.

of course now MAS CEO claimed that these batteries are packed in accordance with standards and that its routinely carried by airline - but then why did MASkept this info from the public eye for so long and maintain it was mainly mongosteens only? They have given up search in the andaman sea may even be a wrong move altogether. Remember the fact is that the plane communications all stopped at this point - from there onwards it was all conjectures and the primary radar did not confirm that indeed the plane detected was MAS 370 and hence the zigzag etc onwards is all "believed to be" but never ascertain and confirm for sure - even the bings. The immarsat satellite that picked up these bings could not ascertain or even confirm its from the plane. For all you know am sure there are many non commercial planes for obvious reasons may be flying with their transponders off esp military and others on "missioned security flights.

It may even be a coincidence that the RMAFwhich pick up the blip comes from another plane close to where MASplane lost contact. We never know bec the RMAF did not interrogate nor send any planesupto intercept and check.

HI, I am a PPL holder going into CPL and IR, i am verey intreagued by this incedent......

The facts we know about the MH370 is it had made a left turn and disapeared !!! OOOOkay,

Now the facts,

1- No " MAYDAY CALLS"

2- No indications of any sequntail failure/s in the navs&coms+ xponder,,, all fail in one go?????

3- The WEST& NORTH WEST heading of the flight path will take the Aircraft into other countries

AIRSPACE and it will be seen by the militery primery RADARS AND IN FEW MINUTES 2 OR 3

JET FIGHTERS WILL HOVER ARROUND THAT PLANE***

4-The last hand over of the CTA comunucations should have been repeated by saying( the name

of the next CTA+the frequency) NOT( OKAY GOOD NIGHT????)

(((((( THAT WAS SO CLEVER FROM THE COPILOT TO INDICATE THAT WE'VE BEEN

HIJACKED)))))

5- 12 days passed and wreckage or any sine of the AC BEEN FOUND?? what a crap!!!!!

** WHY ALL THIS HAPPENED THIS WAY??**

1- SOME ONE OR MORE ON BOARD OF THAT AC MUST BE ASSASSINATED/KILED, BUT WHO?

2- INVESTIGATORS SHOULD CONCERATE ON THE CHINES PASSANGERS !!!

THERE HAS TO BE A ( VIP POLITICAL OR SECRET SERVICE OR EVEN A HIGH RANKING

MILITARY OR MAFYA HAS TO BE DEADO OR WANTED SO BADLY AND AT ANY COST BY

(((OTHER COUNTRY'S SECRET SERVICE)))

3- THE AC HAS TO GO AT LOW ALTITUDE TO FLY BELOW THE FAR COUNTRIES MILITARY

RADARS.

4- IT HAS TO BE FLOWN EAST HEADING OVER THE PHILIPPINE'S ISLANDS( REMEMBER,

THE AC LAST NOTICED IS MADE LEFT TURN??? NOT REALLY) IT HAD MADE LEFT-LEFT

AND LEFT AGAIN---- EAST HEADING TOWARDS THE PHILIPINE-----PASSED THAT INTO

SOME US. CONTROLLED SCATTERED ISLANDS LIKE((( TINIAN ISLAND))) WHERE THERE

IS A LONG RUNWAY AND WW2 OLD RUNWAYS ARE AVAILABLE ON THAT ISLAND.

5- I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT MOST PASSANGERS ARE ALIVE.

6- THE AC HAS TO DISAPPEAR OR DISMANTLED.

7-WHO KNOWS VERY WELL ABOUT THE AC DESIGN AND ELECRTONICS?? ANSWER,

IS BOING,, THE MANUFACTURER.

THANKS TO EVERY ONE WHO IS WORKING TO FIND THE TRUTH,,, GOD BLESS

It does make a huge difference. While i do not know if there is a rule in MAS that do not allow normal passengers to go into the cockpit while the plane is in the air, this rule certainly does exist and is still in force for US carriers. To take pictures inside the cockpit is absolutely ok, even on US carriers that are especially cautious after 9/11 provided the plane is on the ground. That is why every now and then we still can see people happily post their pictures taken inside the flightdeck online and no US carriers pilots have lost their job for allowing normal passengers into the cockpit as they did not break any rules.

Agreed. If you had your fun inside a cockpit while the aircraft is operating, this would mean passengers' safety is compromised. No authorities would allow this to happen.