MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Why are there not single Malaysian aircraft in Perth?May it be a Falcon 900,GlobalJet,Surely MAS and Air Asia can send at least one each aircraft to join the SAR.Why we lepas tangan to let others do it 100%?Surely the civilian planes can help with the visual search?

Believe those on the stage couldn't be more happy that limelight is now on Australia. Further, doubt RMAF C-130 crews are trained for surveillance duty in open water.

Couldn't imagine how the fiasco will play out if MoT and MinDef are headed by different ministers.

There are many lessons to be learned from this event and its aftermath.

I recall our (acting) Transport Minister declaring/promising 'transparency' in one of the first, if not the first press statements made after news broke

With benefit of hindsight, one has to wonder if that was the wisest choice of words, particularly with the numerous conspiracy theories being floated nowadays (this is Malaysia after all)

Couldn't imagine how the fiasco will play out if MoT and MinDef are headed by different ministers.

You thinking those MCA fellas are counting their lucky stars ?! Edited by BC Tam

If the Malaysian govt really is delaying and refusing to give the cargo manifest then it must be hiding something or some cargo details. As said the RMAS primary radar that supposedly recorded the blip and did nothing abt it is really a big security risk to the country and to that of our neighbouring countries too. In the first place how can the RMAF say its "not hostile" when it may not even have known passes through its airspace too! And what we heard from the acting transport minister who is also the defence minister as replying to foreign media that Malaysia's submarines are Not equipped with active n passive sonars??? How come submarines are not equipped with such or more sophisticated radars then how is it to prevent or be defensive??

For perspective purposes lets all give this article a read..pretty much sums up alot of questions

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/24/Missing-MH370-Air-Security/

Forgive me ifi wrong, but I dont remember the defence minister mentioning anything on active passives sonars?because for me, either way, using the scorpene for SAR will make us look even more silly.

The search area everyone is zooming in nowadays is I understand like two hours flight time away from land

Would the US Navy or any other country send a carrier to that part of the world and mount search flights from on board ? One that has the appropriate equipment that is

Would certainly alleviate the tedium of a four hour journey to/from work for many people. Plus, they will be able to respond so much faster to any clues that crop up

Edited by BC Tam

CNN just reported people are getting frustrated since press conference reveal no new update. A scenario depicts a inefficient government........

Despite almost daily leads and sightings as long as nothing concrete is found, the PC is practically useless. Instead, I'm getting irritated by the press - repetitively similar questions posed in different guises, constantly asking for confirmation of speculations AND the standard answers provided. I guess if they don't ask such questions, they would be jobless, loitering around PWTC. After all, the action is in Perth now. After today's Q & A, I felt like I've eaten ten bowls of nasi goreng, fried and re-fried.

Edited by V Wong

Meeting relatives at 9:30pm...? Could it be that the wreckage had been found?

Btw, AJ looks very frail in the video. Poor him........the two incidents over the past few days doesn't do any better.......

SMH reported RAAF spotted many pieces of debris and dropped flares to mark the location. However, when HMAS Success arrived at the scene, they were not able to see anything...

Lets hope that the PM has something different to report...

Edited by flee

Sudden announcement on late night PC. Must be something significant?

PM will be having a special PC now..

Imarset indicated besides the northern and southern corridor tracking by the satellite, it continues performing more time than that. It is able to shed more light into the flight path now.

Based on a new analysis never tried before, Imarset concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor and its last position tracked is in the middle of the Indian ocean, west of Perth !!

A remote location far from any landing side. With deep sadness, as per the new data, it is clear that flight MH370 has ended its flight in that Indian Ocean. An official PC will be held tomorrow, and at the earliest opportunity as a commitment of respect and concern to the family. This have been related to the relatives.

Heart breaking past weeks and this news is even harder to them.Press is asked to allowed the relatives peace at this difficult time. - PM.

sad.....

Edited by Cire

PC just ended, AAIB of UK confirmed that MH370 headed for Indian Ocean after losing contact with control tower and started to move towards Straits of Malacca. The SAR area of search just got much larger.

Tragic news but at least it gives the family some closure. Really felt emotional after the PM announced that the plane ended in the indian ocean. Must have been harder for the families involved

This would actually mean that the plane actually flew the full 7 hours until it ran out of fuel and eventually crashed into the ocean. It still doesn't explain why the electronic communication systems are shut down.............

Full statement from Prime Minister of Malaysia Najib Razak made in Kuala Lumpur at 1am Sydney time:

"This evening I was briefed by representatives from the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB). They informed me that Inmarsat, the UK company that provided the satellite data which indicated the northern and southern corridors, has been performing further calculations on the data. Using a type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort, they have been able to shed more light on MH370’s flight path.

Based on their new analysis, Inmarsat and the AAIB have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.

This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

We will be holding a press conference tomorrow with further details. In the meantime, we wanted to inform you of this new development at the earliest opportunity. We share this information out of a commitment to openness and respect for the families, two principles which have guided this investigation.

Malaysia Airlines have already spoken to the families of the passengers and crew to inform them of this development. For them, the past few weeks have been heartbreaking; I know this news must be harder still. I urge the media to respect their privacy, and to allow them the space they need at this difficult time."

Well, i guess we will have to wait for the actual investigation to take place. I know we are all eager to find out what happened but we'll have to be realistic here. The focus for the past 2 weeks was finding the plane. Assuming they get to the black box, then we will perhaps find out what happened. Not now. Not tonight. Im sure we were not expecting to find out why or how so soon.

Military radar tracking shows that the aircraft changed altitude after making a sharp turn over the South China Sea as it headed toward the Strait of Malacca, a source close to the investigation into the missing flight told CNN. The plane flew as low as 12,000 feet at some point before it disappeared from radar, according to the source.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/23/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/

Hishamuddin confirmed that the plane was carrying wooden pallets and 200kg of lithium batteries.

Souce: http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/258069

SAR efforts is tough.....By watching this video is enough to make me puke! Really salute to all those involved in SAR!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=661221283936527&set=vb.653006691424653&type=2&theater

Something terrible have occurred on board. So much so that all the soul on board were incapacitated at one point of the flight. None of them were able to make a call out from the plane. The actions must have been carried out very swiftly and very coordinated. So much so that it appears none of the cabin crew were able to react. For the full 7 hours flight, a lot of things can happen. But it appears not to be so. It continues to fly till the fuel ran out.

Now that the fate of MH370 and the 239 souls on board has been confirmed, it leaves us to pray for the families and relatives of MH370's crew and passengers.

Let's not speculate what happened ... because none of us could possibly know. Sure, someone might just hit the mark but many will miss. And with social media going viral tonight, who know if something speculated anywhere could get to the families and relatives. Let's hope that somehow the wreckage of 9M-MRO will be recovered with some of its passengers and crew ... that way, at least some families could have a more complete closure.

There will be many lessons for Malaysia and the rest of the world ... and I hope that this tragedy will result in governments in our region becoming more open to sharing and consulting with one another as soon as a tragedy occurs. This way, all can benefit from broader wisdom, shared resources and collective strength. This is perhaps one way to honour all those who perish in the crash of MH370.

I extend my condolence to all in Malaysianwings ... as I know many of you have pained over this tragedy too. Tonight, I bid my own private farewell to 9M-MRO which flew me from KUL to TPE and LAX last year.

KC Sim