MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

MH370route140319.png

Is it possibly to key in all the way point at one go, like just before reaching IGARI someone key in the way point VAMPI, GIVAL, IGREX etc?

Edited by Waiping

Waiping, keying in waypoints are how these planes why.

All these waypoints would have definitely been popped into the FMC....

Won't be easy to fly to those waypoints manually

I have a question, on a daily basis HOW does a military radar operator watch over the hundred of commercial planes coming through,in or out of the country with the primary radar having no identification of the plane?plus during 9/11 how did they not scramble the jets in time when it was headed for NYC?

Im asking this out of curiosity on how well can a country defend itself from intrusion

Edited by iwan

By the way.. What is Malindo's CEO doing in the PC today? Is he there to answer questions from the press regarding the Malindo plane that had one of its engine caught fire while flying? If that's the case, its totally not related to the PC which is about MH 370 right?

Press not interested in the Malindo incident during PC - true colours shown. One thing I feel the PC (not Q & A) should not do is constantly trying to dispel rumours, speculations, criticisms that arose in the press/social media from the PC of say the previous day. Makes the team appear defensive, trying too hard to please. Just let it be, as long as conscience is clear. History will judge us - aptly said

Alamak ! :rolleyes:

Looks increasingly likely that verification and corroboration protocols only became common SOP post MH370 incident

Refuted by acting MOT during Q & A today, that the 'military thought the turn-around ordered by Subang'. Too many cooks trying to hog the limelight for their 3s fame. Ditto Malindo CEO?

I have a question, on a daily basis HOW does a military radar operator watch over the hundred of commercial planes coming through,in or out of the country with the primary radar having no identification of the plane?plus during 9/11 how did they not scramble the jets in time when it was headed for NYC?

Im asking this out of curiosity on how well can a country defend itself from intrusion

Military radar is normally programmed to mask those with transponder i.e. only those without transponder is displayed.

The PRC government is dickless - if they were to acknowledge the facts in hand then they family's anger will be directed to them. When that happens, the emperors running the show will be on shaky ground. Easier to bully a less powerful nation than defending oneself from an attack on unstable grounds.

In fact the government's reticence on the China matter is beginning to crack as Hishammuddin rightly pointed out how China's lead back during the early days of this incident which turned out to be false "detracted" from the search efforts.

Hey, but really, there are a lot of crap in the ocean!

Meanwhile... there is this speculation about Captain Zaharie "in no state of mind to fly" because his marriage and his relationship was in a bit of limbo...

http://media.theage.com.au/news/world-news/mh370-pilot-in-no-state-of-mind-to-fly-5295827.html

Meanwhile in the Chinese media (HK), I think most of us should probably read it by now.. (link in Chinese)

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/%E7%B6%B2%E4%B8%8A%E7%86%B1%E5%82%B3%E5%8A%AB%E6%A9%9F%E6%95%91%E5%AE%89%E8%8F%AF-222009394.html

Edited by S V Choong

Hakan posted : I really can't believe to a plane which is flying approx. 7 hours more, crossing 3 countries (includes Singapore) and no one recognize the plane who is flying "unidentified"?!?!?!

I do not know which newspaper you are reading but MH370 never flew over Singapore's airspace. It certainly flew through Malaysian airspace and headed south (and I do not know if it entered Indonesian or Australian airspace). If you wish to grind an axe with the folks manning military radars, how about looking inwards at the radar stations in the northern part of Peninsula Malaysia before pointing that accusing finger.

KC Sim

It seems that MH370 did fly along the western coast of Sumatra, wouldn't Indonesia's military radar picked up the UFO?

It seems that MH370 did fly along the western coast of Sumatra, wouldn't Indonesia's military radar picked up the UFO?

We don't know how far it was flying from the coast. Primary radar's range is limited.

HM Zahid lambasted the overseas' Chinese media for stoking anger among the relatives, and warned that actions will be taken for local media and internets users to not try such thing or else "don't blame me" for the actions that he will do. Typical of a bully government. And we wondered why the Chinese don't trust the government.,hm..

The FBI was reported to have almost finish going through the Capt's flight simulator. The simulator was flown to the US for analysis.

Could his personal life's crisis have brought this on?

How many would think that the plane was flying a Payne Steward condition, or it is humanly guided until it ran out of fuel?

They are sending in more assets out of Perth. Saw the SAR using an A319 recently. Now there are 3 aircraft flying towards the search zones, a G550, CL604 and a Global 6000. Seen on FR24.

HM Zahid lambasted the overseas' Chinese media for stoking anger among the relatives, and warned that actions will be taken for local media and internets users to not try such thing or else "don't blame me" for the actions that he will do. Typical of a bully government. And we wondered why the Chinese don't trust the government.,hm..

While Zahid may have a "Gangster" attitude about him, the gist of his message is right enough - the media's irresponsible reporting have in someways contributed to the anger of the relatives. They take absence of facts as "proof" of cover-up and evidence that contradict their claims to be "lies". It makes it difficult for those involved to assist & provide information as the mindset of the relatives are already set.

Since the Chinese envoy have been fully briefed, will we see the Chinese government take the proactive step to calm the tense situation down or will they remain dickless?

Anyways, here's a critique of the media coverage by Jon Stewart. The fact that it's highly entertaining says so much - http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/wi0xs9/march-24--2014---arianna-huffington

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Thanks Gavin for the explanation. Wonder what waypoint it is heading from IGREX onwards.

Let's assumed that the pilot/s intentionally flew the plane to its max service height just to knock off the cabin souls. At 43,000feet , and for 23minutes, depressurized, and with oxygen that could last only 10minutes from the drop down mask. How did the pilot/s survive this period of time for the full 23minutes, and make it turn and head towards the South Indian ocean? Don't the oxygen tank shared by both the cockpit and cabin souls?

Less see if they have the balls to disclose what actually happened and may be just another "wayang kulit" puppet show again.

Pray tell all if you know what actually happened

The Chinese are not the only ones who bashed the Malaysian govt. the BBC, CNN, ABC and even the Hong Kong and Singaporean media have had their good amount of bashing for the lack of action and waste of time on the part of Malaysian govt.

I think the one who is dickless are the ones who had not acted and be opened about the information quick enough. Less see if they have the balls to disclose what actually happened and may be just another "wayang kulit" puppet show again.

I've been reading / watching CNN and BBC from day 1 . They did very little bashing themselves, but did report of others' bashing. If you read the comments section in the reports of the bashing these days, you will see that people worldwide are getting really pissed off about the Chinese right now - only bashing but totally ungrateful that many countries are putting many many more people at risk in the SAR operation. The Chinese are not putting themselves in good light.

And how would it be possible to have a wayang kulit with so many countries and agencies involved?

On the MIL side, when the PLAAF IL76 was at Subang AFB, the local Malaysian media was not allowed during the media briefing, only for the China Media.

Mind you that the PLAAF is the guest in Malaysia but acted as if they are still in China.

I'm sorry for their loss, but what else can Malaysia government do? Some reactions in China and even Malaysia are appalling. Australia found the debris last week and they still couldn't recover them. Weather, safety and a lot more need to be taken into account. It's easy to bash the authorities, but I wonder if these people ever involve in search and rescue.

All it takes now is just One piece of evidence plucked from the sea to silence the critics and to start off with a whole series of mathematical calculations to determine where the debris actually float from, against the presumed MH370's glide stage/spiral dive into the ocean. And this is only when weather permit.

Edited by Cire

Let's assumed that the pilot/s intentionally flew the plane to its max service height just to knock off the cabin souls. At 43,000feet , and for 23minutes, depressurized, and with oxygen that could last only 10minutes from the drop down mask. How did the pilot/s survive this period of time for the full 23minutes, and make it turn and head towards the South Indian ocean? Don't the oxygen tank shared by both the cockpit and cabin souls?

There are 3 types of oxygen on board.

1. Portable oxygen bottles used for medical cases etc.

2. Chemical oxygen generator for the drop-down masks

3. Oxygen bottles supplied by oxygen masks to the cockpit crew.

There are 3 types of oxygen on board.

1. Portable oxygen bottles used for medical cases etc.

2. Chemical oxygen generator for the drop-down masks

3. Oxygen bottles supplied by oxygen masks to the cockpit crew.

thanks for the info... so, there's a possibility that someone in the cockpit deliberately flew the plane to its max service height...and a knowledgible one too.

I've been reading / watching CNN and BBC from day 1 . They did very little bashing themselves, but did report of others' bashing. If you read the comments section in the reports of the bashing these days, you will see that people worldwide are getting really pissed off about the Chinese right now - only bashing but totally ungrateful that many countries are putting many many more people at risk in the SAR operation. The Chinese are not putting themselves in good light.

And how would it be possible to have a wayang kulit with so many countries and agencies involved?

I don't know which Chinese are you referring to, but I don't think the Chinese Victims' family are not impressed about the SAR effort. Rather I think they are pretty pissed off about the way the Malaysian authorities had handled the case. If seems they have wasted a lot of time dicking around. They are not even releasing the information until they have been pushed upon. I wouldn't worry about those keyboard warriors who are pissed off, because frankly they were not the ones who have lost a family in this incident. Most western media have only commented the emotional roller coaster ride of the Chinese family members.

I am not siding anyone, but the way the Malaysian government have handled the case is not impressive. Here are some of the comments about Malaysian government:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-probe-marked-by-confusion-misinformation-20140312-hvhqv.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-11/malaysia-failing-to-manage-plane-crisis-exposes-leadership-limit.html

"Wayang kulit" can be played as long as they can be selective on what they wish to share and what they don't. The Australian government has requested cargo manifest from the Malaysian authority and it seems they were somewhat reluctant on that front. One only have to look up the keyword "submarine".

I don't wish to go on discussing about this issue, but if one thinks the Malaysian authority has done a good job internationally, they need to wake up to the reality of what others really think and try the silly tactic of bullying or threatening people and see how well that is going to go down on the international image of Malaysia.

Edited by S V Choong

I don't know which Chinese are you referring to, but I don't think the Chinese Victims' family are not impressed about the SAR effort. Rather I think they are pretty pissed off about the way the Malaysian authorities had handled the case. If seems they have wasted a lot of time dicking around. They are not even releasing the information until they have been pushed upon. I wouldn't worry about those keyboard warriors who are pissed off, because frankly they were not the ones who have lost a family in this incident. Most western media have only commented the emotional roller coaster ride of the Chinese family members.

I am not siding anyone, but the way the Malaysian government have handled the case is not impressive. Here are some of the comments about Malaysian government:

http://www.theage.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-probe-marked-by-confusion-misinformation-20140312-hvhqv.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-03-11/malaysia-failing-to-manage-plane-crisis-exposes-leadership-limit.html

"Wayang kulit" can be played as long as they can be selective on what they wish to share and what they don't. The Australian government has requested cargo manifest from the Malaysian authority and it seems they were somewhat reluctant on that front. One only have to look up the keyword "submarine".

I don't wish to go on discussing about this issue, but if one thinks the Malaysian authority has done a good job internationally, they need to wake up to the reality of what others really think and try the silly tactic of bullying or threatening people and see how well that is going to go down on the international image of Malaysia.

Ok, contradictory statement from you. Did western media bash them or did they only comment on the emotional roller coaster ride?

I agree Malaysian govt.'s handling is not impressive. If you read western media though, you will see that most are more balanced and say that in this unprecedented situation, no one can expect a perfect response from any county. You posted links to news which came from the first few days when confusion ruled. After 2 weeks now, most can see that this situation, where a plane went missing without a trace, has never happened before.

With all due respect to the families who have lost their loved ones, I still think they should be mindful about the thousands of people who are putting their lives at risk in the SAR operation when they bash.

Submarine? I don't understand.

Wayang Kulit - again, I don't see how they can now hide anything with so many countries involved.

Try as hard as they might, the Malaysian team will get little sympathies from the relatives or "key board warriors" for their incoherent antics.

Going further to elaborate this will touch on political matters, as the international community who follows on Malaysia's happenings knows full well how the government rules and whats' more with its control of medias etc..

So, I shall refrain from it and summarised as this - initial handling of the situation - bad, clueless, and incoherence. Current handling of the situation - fair and with some degree of refrains, which most likely due to the worry of "loosing face" rather than witholding the information.

The Malaysian team does not want to be seen as sloppy, unthorough and missing out on details, so rather than outright giving out the info, they wil studied it once more (this time thoroughly) before releasing it to their counter-parts.

Malaysia at best should show some restrains on its public activities at the moment, not unless we get another photo or two of our VVIPs enjoying their time during this mourning period.

How come Johor is flying the flag half mask. Is it an official instruction?

Edited by Cire

It seem mangosteen is not currently in season.

Where were the mangosteens originated from? Local? Transported to China from 'X' country via KUL?

The closest incident that can be related to MH370 in recent history is surely AF447. Yet, MH370 opens up a whole new chapter in air disaster column. We never expect the aircraft to be so far off-course from its intended route, with no prior warnings, even maydays or whatever that indicate something wrong onboard. It also exposes serious issue of international passport theft & forgery, questions are raised on ability (incompetence) of national air defence system (including people manning it) to detect any unidentified and potentially threatening object in the sky.

This is the biggest challenge yet for M'sia government in handling multinational issue, forced to ensure information or clues are credible (or not), for fear they might giving false hope to families of loved ones on board the ill-fated jet.