MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

Mistrust Between U.S., Malaysia Strains Probe: WSJ

Souce: http://goo.gl/fnwLHW

"Chinese officials didn't respond to requests for comment how it conducted its background checks on the 153 Chinese citizens on board."

So much for transparency.

"Chinese officials didn't respond to requests for comment how it conducted its background checks on the 153 Chinese citizens on board."

So much for transparency.

"Chinese officials didn't respond to requests for comment how it conducted its background checks on the 153 Chinese citizens on board. Malaysia, too, hasn't provided details other than to say it focused on possible terrorism, sabotage and personal or psychological issues."

The pot calling the kettle black.

....someone in the cockpit has made it as hard as possible to 'hide' every possible leads to find the plane, .....

Can I assume you are quoting that in absence of concrete evidence ?

Malaysia flight MH370: Chinese families vent anger

Relatives of Chinese passengers from the missing Malaysian plane have vented their anger at government officials, after arriving in Kuala Lumpur.

Chanting "Tell us the truth", they said they wanted the Malaysian prime minister to apologise for what they regard as misleading statements.
Ten planes and eight ships are looking for remains of the airliner in a vast area of the Indian Ocean.
The Beijing-bound plane disappeared on 8 March with 239 people on board.
Full report here:

"Chinese officials didn't respond to requests for comment how it conducted its background checks on the 153 Chinese citizens on board. Malaysia, too, hasn't provided details other than to say it focused on possible terrorism, sabotage and personal or psychological issues."

Thanks. We are even now.

Not only that but all 14 countries are doing the same? Not particularly forthcoming with information about how they conduct their background search on their citizens.

I was watching the news just now and the Chinese victims' representative are demanding MAS and Malaysian govt to apologise for announcing the death of their folks without any concrete evidence. Will apologising cause the resurrection of their family members?

Edited by S V Choong

How crucial is it for us to learn what and how a nation knows about its citizens ?

That would be going beyond realm of splitting hairs

There need to be some trust and understanding between the different authorities/bodies for a workable relationship right ? The negative energy if otherwise may distract from focus of searching/understanding of what actually happened

How crucial is it for us to learn what and how a nation knows about its citizens ?

That would be going beyond realm of splitting hairs

There need to be some trust and understanding between the different authorities/bodies for a workable relationship right ? The negative energy if otherwise may distract from focus of searching/understanding of what actually happened

Trust and understanding is very important. I mentioned about transparency to show that Malaysia is not the only country that has to keep certain things under wrap. We must be able to distinguish between what people 'want' to know and 'need' to know.

We must be able to distinguish between what people 'want' to know and 'need' to know.

I will venture to add 'what' is there for we to know (more of ?)

I was watching the news just now and the Chinese victims' representative are demanding MAS and Malaysian govt to apologise for announcing the death of their folks without any concrete evidence. Will apologising cause the resurrection of their family members?

Let's be honest it was a bit of an odd statement to make, the MH Govt should of really waited until some confirmed debris from MH370 was located.

To this day nothing of the airliner has been found, I'm sure it's only a matter of time but everything pulled from the water so far is just unrelated debris and rubbish.

Indeed. The US seemed a bit quiet and I am sure they know something, which they are not too keen to disclose. Especially about their Diego Garcia base and its radar capabilities.

It won't be a surprise if NSA have recording of all communication of MH370, US gomen don't want to embarrass or contradict the host, and reveal their capability.

The missing link of the first hour is where are all the the datas from radar coverage of Langkawi,Phuket,Hadyai,Penang,Medan,Aceh and not forgetting Butterworth?Also i am curious how much does the RSAF know?Was any of their E3 Hawkeyes airbourne that time?

Edited by Phil M.

The knee-jerk effects are here:

The Star News : Tighter flight security
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and Malaysia Airports Hol­dings Bhd (MAHB) have tightened flight security in the air and on the ground in the wake of the Flight MH370 tragedy.
The pilot and a co-pilot are now not allowed to be left alone in the cockpit, even when one of them is taking a toilet break, according to a MAS circular.
Under the new rules, a cabin crew member has to be in the cockpit until the pilot or co-pilot returns from the restroom.
When bringing food to the cockpit, a flight attendant is required to stand guard at the door to make sure no passenger enters the restricted area.
Datuk Capt Missman Leham, MAS chief pilot for flight safety and human factors, issued the circular to all flight deck crews.
On the ground, MAHB has made it mandatory for anyone taking an international flight to pass through two metal-detectors and undergo a body search before they board.
The travellers must now also remove their shoes, belt, jackets and any electronic devices such as cellphones and laptop computers for separate scanning. Bottled drinking water is not allowed to be brought aboard.
The United States, Britain and Australia had asked that security checks on all passengers flying to the countries be increased.
MAHB has also extended such checks to other international flights and has adopted the same prohibited items list applied by the US Transportation Security Administration.
The rules came into effect the week of March 8, the day that Flight MH370 to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur disappeared with 239 passengers and crew aboard.
A MAS spokesman confirmed that the airline has increased security and enhanced monitoring procedures on board all its aircraft.
“However, for security purposes we are unable to discuss any of these procedures publicly. “Security checks are mandated by the aviation security authorities and conducted by them,” the spokesman said.
There are already several security and safety procedures for cockpit crew and aircraft, a MAS pilot told The Star.
He said there was a rule that pilot and co-pilot were each served a different set of meal, which was to avoid any likelihood of both coming down with food poisoning at the same time.
“Another measure requires crew members to thoroughly check all compartments in the cockpit, cabin, crew rest areas, galley and toilets for any foreign objects before the passengers board.
“Stewards and stewardesses must also watch out for travellers behaving suspiciously or passengers taking hand luggage into the toilet,” said the pilot who asked not to be identified.
MAHB reminded all travellers departing from the KLIA for international destinations that they should check in within the stipulated three-hour period.
“This is so that they will have adequate time to clear immigration and security checks. The stringent checks are for the safety of the aircraft, passengers and crew, and everyone should give us their full cooperation,” said the spokesman.

Let's be honest it was a bit of an odd statement to make, the MH Govt should of really waited until some confirmed debris from MH370 was located.

To this day nothing of the airliner has been found, I'm sure it's only a matter of time but everything pulled from the water so far is just unrelated debris and rubbish.

That was what Malaysian government did (waiting) before PM announced the crash in Indian Ocean. Almost everyone knew the aircraft crashed somewhere after it went missing, but they didn't want to make a hasty decision.

Yes the prc Chinese behaviour is too much too - but then that's the way it is in China as they believe the loudest noise will win the day and get them answers and also their behaviour is consistent with the way the humbled less educated are and its like the "call of the forest" mentality. They are also asking for answers which are unknown at this time too.

However given these, do believe also the officials and investigation committee is also at some fault for not able to answer technical questions or even explain them. There are questions which could be answered but are then not answered and often given the wxcuse of "security reasons or let the authorities do their investigations". Even questions like why the RMAF radar detected and did not attempt to even contact the plane and after that if it did as mentioned that it tracked the plane down south - why did they still not raise an alarm after the plane did not land back at Klia and continued southwards - and to this the MOT reply was "due security nature they cant answer". If only the RMAF did their job - all these would have not happened and known. Then the question of the plane's cargo which AJ said were only 4 tons of mangosteens and "other normal cargo" but did not mention the lithium ion batteries until 2 weeks later when asked specifically by a foreign journalist, and when the Australian asked for the cargo manifest, even the MOT and AJ said the list is with the investigation committee and that the Australian should asked them! - isn't the acting minister of transport also in the committee and cant he just get a list for the Australians? It does shows that MAS n MOT are not forthcoming in their reply and hence leading to the prc families conclusion that MAS is hiding some info.

on tighter security measures onboard aircraft, the practice of having a cabin crew in the cocpit when one of the pilots leave the cockpit has been standard for SIA for quite sometime now as I have observed a couple of times on SQ flights in J class where i can see the cockpit access door.

Malu level: MAXIMUM.....

Families stage mass walkout: The Star: http://goo.gl/Z4N1BL

I have been following this forum from the beginning since the news was revealed. I am personally involved as one of my relatives was on board. Not knowing his fate is unbearable to us let alone to his immediate family. Yes, I agree that when this incident happened, the government was slow to react. We had this paranoia of the government withholding information. But as days gone by and explanation after explanation given, we began to realise the difficulty in the search works. It was frustrating but looking at the bearing of this mysterious happening, we the family began to understand the extend of the search for the missing plane. We are grieving but not to the extend of what has been done by the family of the passengers in China. What makes their relatives more special than ours here in Malaysia? We have our people on board as well but to overreact to this point shows their true behaviour. It is almost to the point when there is nothing left on the plate, they force people to conjure for something to appear. I understand of their one child policy, but hey a life lost is the same for everyone. To bash the people who are doing their best to locate the plane is not the way to go. They risk their lives for our peace of mind. I still believe in the people and MAS and I will always support the airlines of their hard working people. Some will argue that they are incompetent, but at the moment they are our only hope in finding the answer. Our family will support and appreciate what the government has done so far although they are not my favourite (that is my personal thing) but helps come in all sorts. In the land of the unknown, a dot of help will shed a light in any which way. Just my two cents from a person who has been personally touched by the so called 'mystery disappearance'.

Well if they have done their best i dont think theres anything to be malu about.

Initially i agree things were unorganized but as times past i feel things have improved. Now is the time to stand united with the leaders regardless of your political ideologies or how much you hate them. Because if a tragedy like this doesnt unite us, nothing will. Wrong decisions will be made, people will say and act up all kind of things in the high of emotions. Its how we react. We as rakyat will determine what kind of quality the country has.

Id hate to bring this debate to another level as i fear offending anyone. We are a community here unlike some online forums where we comment annonymusly. I do hope all of us will discuss responsibly.