MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Middle Eastern Airlines into KUL

Thanks for The advise. QR uses A320 from Doha to Entebbe

Oops. Take EK then. QR 320 is OK, better than MH 737 but EK wide body beats them anyday. What about EY?

Oops. Take EK then. QR 320 is OK, better than MH 737 but EK wide body beats them anyday. What about EY?

EY's 320's are worse than QR's 320's.... QR's 320's are actually quite nice leh.

EY's 320's are worse than QR's 320's.... QR's 320's are actually quite nice leh.

I flew both and I think both are decent and better than MH, AA etc. Probably because EY has more modern interiors.

Thanks for The advise. QR uses A320 from Doha to Entebbe

QR A320 IFE's selection is similar to their widebody and J-class seat is similar to A333.

QR A320 IFE's selection is similar to their widebody and J-class seat is similar to A333.

So The A320 from QR ia ok? EK is A330 from Dubai to Entebbe. I guess that on Business for either is ok?

Only reason why I'm considering Qatar is because of the frequent flyer points that can be credited into Enrich.

Price for both is about the same. Connection time also almost similar with Qatar slightly shorter

So The A320 from QR ia ok? EK is A330 from Dubai to Entebbe. I guess that on Business for either is ok?

Only reason why I'm considering Qatar is because of the frequent flyer points that can be credited into Enrich.

Price for both is about the same. Connection time also almost similar with Qatar slightly shorter

It seems you have already decided on QR.

It seems you have already decided on QR.

Well not really. I've flown on Emirates previously from KL to Nigeria and Ghana on business. That time I was on the A380 from KUL to DBX. That was nice. However the A340 was lousy from Dubai to Accra. On the way back flew on the 773 and was disappointed with the inclined seats unlike the A380. Dubai airport was extremely busy too with the Business Class lounge very busy.

So I was thinking if QR is better or the same. Only thing is I'm not sure about the Doha airport.

if it's not worse, I'll try Qatar.

Well not really. I've flown on Emirates previously from KL to Nigeria and Ghana on business. That time I was on the A380 from KUL to DBX. That was nice. However the A340 was lousy from Dubai to Accra. On the way back flew on the 773 and was disappointed with the inclined seats unlike the A380. Dubai airport was extremely busy too with the Business Class lounge very busy.

So I was thinking if QR is better or the same. Only thing is I'm not sure about the Doha airport.

if it's not worse, I'll try Qatar.

Qr lounge at doh worth visiting.

Meaning the EU and USA have less stringent work health & safety regulations/limiting parameters, than say, us here in Malaysia, China, India ..... ?

MH, CA and AI have a 32kg limit, just like the American and European carriers. I don't see what the fuss is about.

Royal Jordanian Kuala Lumpur service changes from Jan 2017

Royal Jordanian in recent schedule update adjusted planned Kuala Lumpur service, effective from 13JAN17.

As the airline withdraw Jakarta operation (Amman Kuala Lumpur Jakarta), Kuala Lumpur will switch back to 1-stop operation via Bangkok/

Planned schedule for Amman Bangkok Kuala Lumpur as follow.

RJ180 AMM0225 1525BKK1640 1935KUL 787 135

RJ181 KUL2220 2315BKK0015+1 0450+1AMM 787 1

RJ181 KUL2220 2320BKK0055+1 0530+1AMM 787 35

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/270590/royal-jordanian-kuala-lumpur-service-changes-from-jan-2017/

Royal Jordanian Kuala Lumpur service changes from Jan 2017

Royal Jordanian in recent schedule update adjusted planned Kuala Lumpur service, effective from 13JAN17.

As the airline withdraw Jakarta operation (Amman Kuala Lumpur Jakarta), Kuala Lumpur will switch back to 1-stop operation via Bangkok/

Planned schedule for Amman Bangkok Kuala Lumpur as follow.

RJ180 AMM0225 1525BKK1640 1935KUL 787 135

RJ181 KUL2220 2315BKK0015+1 0450+1AMM 787 1

RJ181 KUL2220 2320BKK0055+1 0530+1AMM 787 35

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/270590/royal-jordanian-kuala-lumpur-service-changes-from-jan-2017/

great! this will fill the gap which will be left behind by ET

Iran Air earlier this month once again revised proposed service resumption to Kuala Lumpur and Beijing. Latest revision sees service resumption further slips by up to 8 weeks. Latest revision as follow.

eff 28FEB17 Tehran Imam Khomeini – Kuala Lumpur 3 weekly (previously scheduled from 01JAN17)
eff 01MAR17 Tehran Imam Khomeini – Beijing 1 weekly (previously scheduled from 04JAN17)

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/270615/iran-air-moves-east-asia-service-resumption-to-mar-2017/

Iran Air earlier this month once again revised proposed service resumption to Kuala Lumpur and Beijing. Latest revision sees service resumption further slips by up to 8 weeks. Latest revision as follow.

eff 28FEB17 Tehran Imam Khomeini – Kuala Lumpur 3 weekly (previously scheduled from 01JAN17)

eff 01MAR17 Tehran Imam Khomeini – Beijing 1 weekly (previously scheduled from 04JAN17)

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/270615/iran-air-moves-east-asia-service-resumption-to-mar-2017/

wonder what plane will fly this route

wonder what plane will fly this route

Mahan Air uses A343/A346 and Airasia X uses A333.

If Iran Air wants profitable operations on this route, it will need modern aircraft - so far we have not seen news of it taking deliveries of their mega Airbus/Boeing orders as yet. I guess that is why the reintroduction of this service is delayed.

Mahan Air uses A343/A346 and Airasia X uses A333.

If Iran Air wants profitable operations on this route, it will need modern aircraft - so far we have not seen news of it taking deliveries of their mega Airbus/Boeing orders as yet. I guess that is why the reintroduction of this service is delayed.

Perhaps a leased aircraft? Both 747SP and 743 already retired?