MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Middle Eastern Airlines into KUL

Are they then stopping bkk in favour of cgk then?

Hmmm not quite, it's meant for CGK, didn't really mention about KUL. How many flights per week does KUL get from MS? 6 x weekly?

Daily.

It's weird to see MS still able to sustain all these flights with all the current riots happening in Egypt now. Most probably ferrying away the Egyptians to other nations.

It is now confirmed:

Iraqi Airways to resume twice weekly Baghdad-Kuala Lumpur service:

Iraqi Airways reportedly plans to resume twice weekly Baghdad-Kuala Lumpur service on 16-Aug-2013, using Boeing 777-200ER equipment. Iraqi Airways will be the sole carrier on this route following its launch. Source: Routes Online

Yes, as per Yang Zulhilmi has stated, it was Air Austral B777-29M/LR, built and fully painted. However Air Austral couldn't raise enough cash to buy it, it was stored for several months, before Iraqi Airways bought/ leased it. I supposed it has Air Austral cabin interior. First B772LR operator into Malaysia.

I think Chaity managed to catch its first arrival in KUL in the Observation Hill thread.

Not sure how the transit in Baghdad would be. Could be a long Q & A session with the UK Border Agency upon landing in Heathrow too.

MS has downgraded KUL to 4 weekly 330 from 77W (daily).

However, probably better for KUL in that it is now nonstop from CAI

And MS is still yet to have the rights to carry traffic between KUL and CGK. However, as per prevailing airlines, these rights will come eventually.

Recently flew on Emirates. Was lucky to get their newer 77W on two out of the four sectors flown.

Superb entertainment system, truly THE best I've seen. Not only were there touchscreens, even the remote is touchscreen! Like a smartphone where you can browse the library and chose what you want to watch.

Another was the slightly older 77W with an entertainment system similar to what you'll usually get with other airlines like MH's A380/A330/738.

However my final sector was on the old A332 which was a disaster. Old seats which were worn out and and the IFE was the one with rolling movies where you cannot pause/forward/rewind. I felt like it was 2001! (:D). And even if the 77W's were configurated 3-4-3, I still felt it was more cramped in the A332's 2-4-2.

So just wanted to give all a heads-up, to avoid this aircraft at all costs. Obviously haven't tried the A380 but I'm certain it will top all the above.

Recently flew on Emirates. Was lucky to get their newer 77W on two out of the four sectors flown.

Superb entertainment system, truly THE best I've seen. Not only were there touchscreens, even the remote is touchscreen! Like a smartphone where you can browse the library and chose what you want to watch.

Another was the slightly older 77W with an entertainment system similar to what you'll usually get with other airlines like MH's A380/A330/738.

However my final sector was on the old A332 which was a disaster. Old seats which were worn out and and the IFE was the one with rolling movies where you cannot pause/forward/rewind. I felt like it was 2001! ( :D). And even if the 77W's were configurated 3-4-3, I still felt it was more cramped in the A332's 2-4-2.

So just wanted to give all a heads-up, to avoid this aircraft at all costs. Obviously haven't tried the A380 but I'm certain it will top all the above.

The EK 380 will NOT top what you have experienced. Some will have that mind-blowing system like what you enjoyed on their 77W (QR also has this on its 787 and SQ on its newest 77Ws) and the earlier EK 380s will have the older system like on the 77W.

However my final sector was on the old A332 which was a disaster. Old seats which were worn out and and the IFE was the one with rolling movies where you cannot pause/forward/rewind. I felt like it was 2001! ( :D). And even if the 77W's were configurated 3-4-3, I still felt it was more cramped in the A332's 2-4-2.

Very nice to hear that, as I would be taking EK in April this year, I probably be onboard one of the airline's new B77W.

Also - RJ is swapping over to the 787 from 1 sept - 31 oct for their AMM-BKK-KUL run. For those of you who fancy a run (i'm very partial to their Friday night flight) :)

edit: Sorry , ending 1 oct

Edited by Suzanne Goh

Also - RJ is swapping over to the 787 from 1 sept - 31 oct for their AMM-BKK-KUL run. For those of you who fancy a run (i'm very partial to their Friday night flight) :)

edit: Sorry , ending 1 oct

Drooling....