MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Boeing to announce $8 billion orders at Singapore Airshow

Guest Michael

The suspense is driving me crazy people I can not wait for my trip to K.L. in April people. Business class holiday is going to be fun.

there you go people - All the talk and NOTHING is announced. Its been like that since last year. Looks like Boeing was referring to the Indonesian airlines...

10 77Ws for Garuda?? Damn...soon their wide body fleet will be bigger than MAS at the rate MAS is selling their aircraft!!!

He is quoted in today's business papers as EXPLICITLY saying, " We will NOT make any announcement (on aircraft purchase during the S'pore Airshow). We are still going through teh final assessment."

12/2: "No, not tomorrow...........................Parliament will not be dissolved tomorrow............ The Cabinet meeting will go on, go on and go on. You are the smart aleck, you all enjoy circulating the rumours............"

the next day: "announced that Parliament has been dissolved.............. :blink: "

:pardon:

Edited by Samuel Chy

Lion Air is reportedly colllaborating with an Australian company for creating Lion Air Australia. So I guess the expansion plan therefore requires that many planes.

Not only in Australia but Lion Air has plans for expansion into the Malaysian and Thai markets (Lion Air Malaysia / Thai).Plans for these expansion will be in 2009.

haha nice comparison! :D

Anyway, I think MAS have already done the deal for some 737's but do not want to announce it yet. There is no reason for Boeing to suddenly mention "Malaysia" and have no substance.

Probably they want to announce it together with their widebody plans?

I can see that Idris Jala will not cancel the A380. And I believe, they are buying many Airbus birds. That's why there will be no announcement in the Boeing airshow.

I'm quite sure it is a general airshow and not limited to Boeing solely, eh?

Whatever it is, personally I would only be happy if MAS got the A350-1000 if they were to get something from Airbus. Since the chance of that happening is close to 0%, I still hope they end up making a Garuda-like order of some 787's, 777's and 737's.. That was a great deal for Indonesian aviation fans, eh?

:pardon:

Well, one is a lying-through-the-teeth sleepy-head politician, currently heading an interim government.

The other is a CEO that is piling on the pressure on Boeing to give some last minute extra discounts to bag the deal.

Well, one is a lying-through-the-teeth sleepy-head politician, currently heading an interim government.

The other is a CEO that is piling on the pressure on Boeing to give some last minute extra discounts to bag the deal.

Mushrif,

There is no such thing as an interim government in Malaysia.

The CEO, well... maybe he is just following example of the head of 'interim government' and also his boss in a way... which is... indicisiveness (remember kepimpinan melalui tauladan)

Mushrif,

There is no such thing as an interim government in Malaysia.

The CEO, well... maybe he is just following example of the head of 'interim government' and also his boss in a way... which is... indicisiveness (remember kepimpinan melalui tauladan)

I know..there isn't one officially...but just to indicate the phase before polling date.

But separately, the CEO can always change his mind if Boeing comes back & say, you make the announcement this week and you'll get an extra 20% off.

The Singapore Airshow opened with a bang today with a flurry of announcements and orders.

Firstly Eclipse Aviation announced a deal to supply Club One Air with 10 Eclipse 500s. Four aircraft are due to be delivered this year and the remaining six in 2009.

While Emirsyah Satar, CEO of Garuda Indonesia, today signed a firm order for 10 Boeing 777-300ERs and says first deliveries are set for mid-2010.

Lion Air president director Rusdi Kirana signed a firm order for 56 Boeing 737-900ERs. The deal also includes purchase rights for another 50.

In the Defence sector, John Larson, vice-president of Lockheed Martin, stated that the company will submit a "very responsive package" to India's request for a new fleet of 126 medium multirole combat aircraft.

Cessna, Hawker and BJets announced the largest ever order for business jets in Asia.

Meanwhile out in the sunshine visitors to the show were treated to a series of fine aerial displays.

First up were RSAF?s Black Knights, who put their F-16s through a series of well executed manoeuvres. The displays also included the Airbus A380 and a USAF F/A-18 Super Hornet.

Edited by Nik H.

Saw this online yesterday in ATWonline

Don't flame me as I am not into any A Vs B :rolleyes:

-----------------------

Airbus, Boeing expected to announce more than $20 billion in orders in Singapore

Airbus and Boeing are expected to announce orders for at least $20 billion worth of aircraft at this week's Singapore Airshow.

In a major fleet upgrade, Garuda is expected to order 10 777-200ERs to support route expansion plans to Europe, the Middle East and North Asia. The order is in addition to a commitment for 10 787s.

Indonesia's Lion Air, which has eight 737-900ERs in service and a further 114 on order, is expected to add to that number with orders this week.

Reports from Malaysia indicate that Malaysia Airlines will order up to 40 737-800s and 777-300ERs to replace its 747-400s. The carrier also is strongly considering 747-8Fs. Sources suggest that MAS may have reached agreement with Airbus on A380 delay compensation and could order an additional two of the type.

Airbus also is holding a number of letters of intent that are expected to be converted into orders during the show.

By Geoffrey Thomas

Reports from Malaysia indicate that Malaysia Airlines will order up to 40 737-800s and 777-300ERs to replace its 747-400s. The carrier also is strongly considering 747-8Fs. Sources suggest that MAS may have reached agreement with Airbus on A380 delay compensation and could order an additional two of the type.

Cross our fingers, amen... but, with current problems and glitches with SQ and others, still thinking of ordering B77Ws? With improvements perhaps... hopefully...

Oh man, a dream order if true.

I actually had goosebumps reading that part :D :D :D

What a freak.

I wonder why the 747-8I is not a popular option though?

Also, the 777-300ER glitches seem to only happen to SQ, or have I missed something else?

Edited by jani

Reports from Malaysia indicate that Malaysia Airlines will order up to 40 737-800s and 777-300ERs to replace its 747-400s.

Oh please make it OFFICIAL as soon as possible :drinks:

Not just any 777-300, has to be 777-300ER baru steam :p

Good choice: same as what KLM is doing :pardon:

ape ni 'steam' 'steam' ni BC Tam...you had better go easy on the 'blue' pills!

Point taken !

-ER = erectile resuscitation :p

Normally where do the old frames go after they have been phased out during the airlines' fleet renewal process ?

We see many new orders from different airlines for the new frames recently. I wonder where do the big amount of old frames go ? Sell to other airlines ? Where is the biggest market for the old frames in the next few years ?

Normally where do the old frames go after they have been phased out during the airlines' fleet renewal process ?

We see many new orders from different airlines for the new frames recently. I wonder where do the big amount of old frames go ? Sell to other airlines ? Where is the biggest market for the old frames in the next few years ?

Some may go to other carriers, others may end up at Marana Pinal Airpark, Mojave Spaceport and other scrapyards waiting their ultimate fate.

LCCs seems to suck up quite a number of these old frames.

Some may go to other carriers, others may end up at Marana Pinal Airpark, Mojave Spaceport and other scrapyards waiting their ultimate fate.

LCCs seems to suck up quite a number of these old frames.

Or conversion into freighters. Cargo airlines are using old frames..... eg. MAS Kargo B747-200/300 wet leased from Air Atlanta Icelandic.

The nearest would be to the Indonesian LCC operators. For example, at the moment, Batavia Air and Sriwijaya Air (2 of Indonesia's largest LCCs) are operating quite a large fleet of B732s, most of which were acquired from the US carriers and were manufactured in late 1970s/early 1980s. I am sure a fleet of teenage B734s (referring to MH's) will be welcomed with open hand. Also, I am sure there must be some new airlines in Africa or South America which are willing to buy these aircrafts due to their cheap price and instant availability.

Guest Michael

This is right actually the old frames will most likely go to an LCC or even more than 1.

Sign in to follow this