MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Boeing to announce $8 billion orders at Singapore Airshow

The nearest would be to the Indonesian LCC operators. For example, at the moment, Batavia Air and Sriwijaya Air (2 of Indonesia's largest LCCs) are operating quite a large fleet of B732s, most of which were acquired from the US carriers and were manufactured in late 1970s/early 1980s. I am sure a fleet of teenage B734s (referring to MH's) will be welcomed with open hand. Also, I am sure there must be some new airlines in Africa or South America which are willing to buy these aircrafts due to their cheap price and instant availability.

Probably not so much of an open hand welcome gesture nowdays as the EU is banning all Indonesian carriers entering European airspace. Nowdays the Indonesians are looking for much newer birds to service their customers. For instance, Lion Air's recent orders have been some brand spanking new 737-900ERs. Mandala Air seemed to have some newly delivered A320 series birds. MH's old birds will probably attract Indonesian carriers such as Adam Air or Sri Vijaya Airlines.

On the South American front, LAN Airlines of Chile seems to be using a few ex-MH Boeing 737-2H6 Advanced to this date.

Wonder if you guys already knew this news or not, but Hornbill Skyways took the delivery of new Beechcraft King Air B200GT aircraft.Besides than that,they are planning to buy two more bigger planes soon.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Check this out, Boeing's order update for 11/3/2008

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/index.cfm

New orders, all unidentified:

40 737's

10 777's

35 787's

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the unidentified customer being our Malaysia Airlines ;)

Would you dare bet? :D

If i were you,i would think twice as i believe everyone would have know that i have been so optimistic about MAS orders so far.

In this country,i have learnt my lesson that you can only believe it till they make the real announcement on it.

You might be right.But who knows?

hope doesn't cost money, my friends :D

Anyway, just last week, before the elections, there was a long interview with IJ in The Star (I'm surprised none of you said anything), and he had actually said "We will buy 50 narrow bodies and 40 wide bodies".

So..

But as I said, hope is free ;)

Edited by jani

..... he had actually said "We will buy 50 narrow bodies and 40 wide bodies"

Cannot be Datuk IJ's shopping list then

The unidentified published figures are 40 slim ones and 45 fatties :D

Check this out, Boeing's order update for 11/3/2008

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/index.cfm

New orders, all unidentified:

40 737's

10 777's

35 787's

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the unidentified customer being our Malaysia Airlines ;)

Would you dare bet? :D

Sometime ago in A.net, there is a report which says that the identified customer for 15x 77W is Air China. Don't put your money on it yet ;)

That's why I'm not a betting man :D

Anyway, it is confirmed that it is not a US airline and many on a.net think it is MAS.

Let's hope for the best.

Edited by jani

Sign in to follow this