MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAS A380 - Fleet to be Retained

306916_10150985819213489_565107029_n.jpg

Last shot of the cabin before I take my seat

To be continued.. :)

I noticed some of the pax are wearing MH cabincrew uniform. Are they on-duty crew or off-duty crew?

Seems like nothing was mentioned about naming the plane, and I wonder if MNA would return to KL with a "1Malaysia" logo. MXA had it although I'm not sure it was there during delivery.

After looking at the aircraft safety card yesterday, I highly doubt so hehe.. But who knows? :acute:

Found someone sell MH's A380 safety card on ebay. Based on safety card picture looks like ribbon livery printed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MALAYSIA-AIRLINES-MAS-A380-SAFETY-CARD-/190688851819?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c65f0f76b

20 USD for a safety card?

Worth much more than that if someone actually benefit from it should circumstance arise

But I guess whoever removed the card from the plane was too selfish to be able to make that connection

Or greed was the motive - since it's being sold off now for a few quick bucks :angry:

SQ's A380 safety cards went above USD 100 during the early weeks after the inaugural flight. Vintage B707 cards can cost significantly more!

So sweekee and jimbo, again I ask the question.. Where is the AC socket? Maybe I am blind, or maybe I have done too much homework? :p

So sweekee and jimbo, again I ask the question.. Where is the AC socket? Maybe I am blind, or maybe I have done too much homework? :p

I think that is one for Syed A! I believe there is one per two seats in Y but exactly where it is I'm unsure I'm afraid!

If you refer to this trip report (http://www.airliners...ad.main/216950/), it seems that BG is offering a fairly similar Y product on its B77W when compared with the MH A380?

The seat in Economy Class is the exact same version of seat installed on SQ (333, 388, 77W), EK (388, 77W) and a number of other airlines. And yes, it is the same as BG's Y on their 77W too, which is all made by Weber. Even the IFE is the same as the one BG has on their 77W (Thales). Not sure if the IFE system version is the same though.

The seat in Economy Class is the exact same version of seat installed on SQ (333, 388, 77W), EK (388, 77W) and a number of other airlines. And yes, it is the same as BG's Y on their 77W too, which is all made by Weber. Even the IFE is the same as the one BG has on their 77W (Thales). Not sure if the IFE system version is the same though.

If you refer to this trip report (http://www.airliners...ad.main/216950/), it seems that BG is offering a fairly similar Y product on its B77W when compared with the MH A380?

There are only few manufacturers out there that can meet the airlines demand. The most famous are B/E Aerospace, Weber Aircraft, Recaro, Avio, Contour, SICMA and Koito. Koito's market share tanked last year for falsifying their certification.

Therefore they are high chances you will see a lot of airlines having the same seating design but minor differences in padding, cushion and amenities.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en/mh-experience/fleet/airbus-a380.html

And all article mention about MAS A380 also confirmed its equipped with power plug.

The socket as believed located between the armest and every two seats will share it.

You can't found in the picture doesn't mean not equip it as the place is so hard to capture in.

It is there.

Located near where the inflatable lifevest is typically located.

Current bid USD37,

IRRESPONSIBLE, SELFISH. I understand if he/she wants to keep it for her/himself, but selling it for few bucks really unacceptable.

I dont understand how it can be "irresponsible or selfish."

Those things are really a dime a dozen...if you know where to source them. It doesnt even have to be stolen from the plane.

Based on this article, http://thestar.com.m...0&if_height=202, the free space on upper dack aft is for the common lounge, snack bar and muslim prayer room or for what?

What free space? The crew rest "room" is not accessible to pax.

The article is also misleading; there is only one snack counter, not counters, for biz class and at least four Muslim prayer areas, not just one - but this is also misleading as these are door areas which are empty anyway. It is not a dedicated space like on some Iranair or Saudia aircraft.

Some reporters are just so poor with the facts.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/hq/en/mh-experience/fleet/airbus-a380.html

And all article mention about MAS A380 also confirmed its equipped with power plug.

The socket as believed located between the armest and every two seats will share it.

You can't found in the picture doesn't mean not equip it as the place is so hard to capture in.

or perhaps the plug hidden behind the foldable tray? just like CX...

Found someone sell MH's A380 safety card on ebay. Based on safety card picture looks like ribbon livery printed.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2c65f0f76b

bid closed, sold at USD 132.50! my maximum bid was only USD75 and when they reach 90++ this morning, I gave up. I just wait till July onwards then.

bid closed, sold at USD 132.50! my maximum bid was only USD75 and when they reach 90++ this morning, I gave up. I just wait till July onwards then.

I dont understand why folks pay a hefty price for something that will be "flooded" into the market after 1-July. Talk about price or value depreciation in some 3 weeks from now.

It's not like it were an MAS 707 safety card.

I dont understand why folks pay a hefty price for something that will be "flooded" into the market after 1-July. Talk about price or value depreciation in some 3 weeks from now.

It's not like it were an MAS 707 safety card.

perhaps that feel good feeling knowing that you'll own that very 1st safety card, or perhaps kiasu? Its true what you said, it will be flooded to the market by July. just need to wait few more weeks .:)