MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

I used my expiring miles for the year to order online 5 x RM50 vouchers. I've given up with the e-shop.

i may do that too - how long is the voucher's validity?

Hmm.....how to go and shop when its during office hours !!!!

Anyways, I forgot how they use our points to redeem stuff...anyone knows what the

calculation is like ?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A friend/insider just told me that MH launched Enrich-GOM frequent flyer program specially for Malaysian government staff recently. MH claimed that it has achieved a 5 digit membership for the -GOM version of its FFP.

Since there is no information whatsoever can be retrieved from MH's website regarding this matter, does anyone know something about it?

What is the difference between Enrich-GOM with the normal Enrich membership?

Any special benefits? Extra miles, lower miles required when making redemption etc?

Will the Elite miles calculation be more genereous or more stingy as compared to the normal Enrich?

I think MH automatically reclassified all normal Enrich members who work with the government as Enrich-GOM members, that's why they already have 5 digit membership in a blink of an eye. Am I right?

???

Answering my own questions:

ARKIB : 09/01/2009

120,000 kakitangan awam disasar sertai Enrich-GOM

http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y...mp;pg=ko_07.htm

PUTRAJAYA 8 Jan. - Malaysia Airlines System Bhd. (MAS) mensasarkan seramai 120,000 kakitangan kerajaan menjadi ahli Enrich-GOM sehingga penghujung tahun ini. Pengerusi MAS, Tan Sri Dr. Mohd. Munir Abdul Majid berkata, buat masa ini seramai 12,000 kakitangan kerajaan telah berdaftar sebagai ahli program tersebut.

Beliau berkata, bagi memastikan sasaran itu tercapai selain memberikan perkhidmatan lebih baik, MAS telah memindahkan Jabatan Jualan Enrich-GOM yang terletak di ibu negara ke Kompleks Perbadanan Putrajaya di sini. ''Terdapat 1.2 juta kakitangan awam dan kita sasarkan 120,000 orang akan menjadi ahli pada tahun ini. 'Sekarang sudah ada 12,000 ahli, iaitu 10 peratus daripada sasaran kita," katanya.

Beliau berkata demikian pada sidang akhbar selepas majlis pelancaran kad Enrich-GOM yang disempurnakan oleh Ketua Setiausaha Negara, Tan Sri Mohd. Sidek Hassan di sini hari ini. Program Enrich- GOM disediakan khas untuk kakitangan kerajaan yang masih berkhidmat.

Sebagai ahli Enrich-GOM, mereka berpeluang menikmati pelbagai kemudahan tambahan yang disediakan dalam program Enrich Loyalty. Antaranya, 1,000 mata bonus Enrich Miles; diskaun istimewa berupa baucer bernilai RM50 Enrich Miles; kelayakan mudah untuk menjadi ahli elit Enrich dan rebat khas program Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge. Selain itu, tambah Mohd. Munir, mata ganjaran Enrich Miles mereka akan ditambah sebanyak dua kali ganda bagi penerbangan antarabangsa pertama bersama MAS.

Terdahulu dalam ucapannya, beliau memberitahu, kakitangan kerajaan meliputi 13.4 peratus daripada jumlah keseluruhan penumpang MAS. Justeru, kata beliau, adalah penting supaya kerjasama sedia ada di antara kerajaan dan MAS dipergiatkan bagi mengharungi suasana mencabar pada masa depan disebabkan kelembapan ekonomi global.

MAS lancar kad Enrich GOM

http://www.bharian.com.my/Current_News/BH/...231354/Article/

PENERBANGAN Malaysia (MAS) semalam melancarkan kad keahlian 'Enrich GOM' bagi menggalakkan kakitangan kerajaan terus memilih untuk menggunakan perkhidmatan dan kemudahan syarikat penerbangan nasional itu.

Antara keistimewaan dinikmati kakitangan awam yang menjadi pemegang kad itu, termasuk memperoleh 1,000 mata Enrich Miles yang boleh ditebus dengan hadiah; baucar diskaun RM50 bagi membeli cenderamata MAS; kelayakan menjadi ahli elit Enrich dan mendapat rebat khas untuk program 'MAS Golden Lounge'.

Pengerusi MAS, Tan Sri Dr Mohd Munir Abdul Majid, berkata syarikat itu mensasarkan 120,000 kakitangan awam sebagai ahli kad Enrich GOM menjelang akhir tahun ini. "Kita percaya program Enrich GOM akan mendapat sambutan menggalakkan daripada kakitangan kerajaan berikutan pelbagai keistimewaan ditawarkan, termasuk diberikan keutamaan memilih tempat duduk dalam setiap pesawat MAS.

"Sebagai tambahan, kakitangan kerajaan yang kali pertama menggunakan penerbangan MAS untuk penerbangan antarabangsa akan menerima mata ganjaran Enrich Mile dua kali ganda," katanya pada pelancaran kad keahlian Enrich GOM yang disempurnakan Ketua Setiausaha Negara, Tan Sri Sidek Hassan di Putrajaya, semalam.

Ketika ini, MAS mengendalikan lebih 40,000 penumpang ke 100 destinasi merentasi enam benua setiap hari. Setakat ini 12,000 daripada 1.2 juta kakitangan kerajaan sudah menjadi pemegang kad Enrich biasa.

MALAYSIA AIRLINES LAUNCHES ENRICH-GOM PROGRAMME FOR CIVIL SERVANTS

http://www.airtransportnews.aero/article.p...g=&id=15296

Source: Malaysia Airlines 09/01/2009

Civil servants from the Government of Malaysia (GOM) can now enjoy enhanced convenience and travel benefits when flying on Malaysia Airlines with the introduction of the ENRICH-GOM programme.

Malaysia Airlines' Chairman, Tan Sri Dr. Mohd Munir bin Abdul Majid said, "Malaysia Airlines flies nearly 40,000 passengers daily to some 100 destinations worldwide across 6 continents. And we continue to improve in by further enhancing our operational efficiency to provide better services and facilities to the traveling public and the business community. "As a result, we have become attractive to all categories of passengers including government officials which currently make up 13.4% of our passengers," he said.

Riding on Malaysia Airlines' ENRICH loyalty programme – some of the dedicated benefits members of the programme will enjoy, over and above the existing member benefits, include:

• 1,000 Enrich Bonus Miles upon enrolment to Enrich-GOM

• Special Elite tier qualification

• Exclusive rebates for Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge Privilege Programme for Enrich Silver members

• Double Enrich Miles for the member's first international flight on Malaysia Airlines

• Special miles redemption for Enrich RM 50 voucher

The event officiated by the Chief Secretary to the Cabinet, Tan Sri Mohd Sidek bin Hassan today marked the forging of a closer partnership between the government and the national carrier. "Malaysia Airlines' success in the international arena is a source of pride to the Malaysian government. We are fully-supportive of the national carrier's efforts. The government appreciates the initiatives taken by Malaysia Airlines to provide the exclusive travel services and benefits offered to civil servants under the ENRICH-GOM programme," he said.

To serve this segment of customers better, Malaysia Airlines has also moved the GOM Sales Department to Kompleks Perbadanan Putrajaya. A GOM Sales Servicing Unit has also been set-up to ensure a dedicated team is handling all GOM related matters. "Malaysia Airlines is always on the look-out for opportunities to explore innovation and new ideas. With the current challenges in the global economy and aviation industry, it is crucial for us to be able to adapt and transform in order to succeed," said Dr. Munir. "The ENRICH–GOM programme is an example of our commitment to serving our customers better by providing more value and choice."

09-01-2009: MAS launches air miles scheme for govt servants

http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.js...20b360-dd4187bf

Email us your feedback at fd@bizedge.com

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) unveiled its Enrich-GOM programme yesterday, which is a loyalty reward scheme for civil servants that expands on the airline operator’s frequent flyer programme. MAS chairman Tan Sri Dr Mohd Munir Abdul Majid told reporters yesterday that it hoped to enrol 120,000 of the estimated 1.2 million civil servants for the programme. Enrolment into the programme is free.

“MAS flies nearly 40,000 passengers daily to some 100 destinations worldwide across six continents. As a result, we have become attractive to all categories of passengers including government officials, who currently make up 13.4% of our passengers,” Munir said at the launch of the programme.

cover_Berlin-Liew_inside.jpg

Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan launching Malaysia Airlines' (MAS) Enrich-GOM programme, a loyalty reward scheme for civil servants, in Putrajaya yesterday. Flanking him are MAS chairman Tan Sri Dr Mohd Munir Abdul Majid (right) and MD/CEO Datuk Seri Idris Jala.

The benefits attached to the Enrich-GOM programme include 1,000 free miles for enrolment, rebates for MAS’ lounge service and double miles for the first international flight on MAS. The event was officiated by Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Mohd Sidek Hassan, who described it as the forging of a closer partnership between the government and the national carrier. MAS managing director Datuk Seri Idris Jala said there were plans to further develop the programme, but the carrier viewed the Enrich-GOM scheme as a pilot test for further expansion.

Malaysia Airlines launches Enrich-GOM programme for civil servants

http://www.just4airlines.com/j4_dox/email/...;&acc_code=

January 9, 2009

Putrajaya: Civil servants from the Government of Malaysia (GOM) can now enjoy enhanced convenience and travel benefits when flying on Malaysia Airlines with the introduction of the Enrich-GOM programme.

Malaysia Airlines' Chairman, Tan Sri Dr. Mohd Munir bin Abdul Majid said, "Malaysia Airlines flies nearly 40,000 passengers daily to some 100 destinations worldwide across 6 continents. And we continue to improve in by further enhancing our operational efficiency to provide better services and facilities to the traveling public and the business community.

"As a result, we have become attractive to all categories of passengers including government officials which currently make up 13.4% of our passengers," he said. The event officiated by the Chief Secretary to the Cabinet, Tan Sri Mohd Sidek bin Hassan today marked the forging of a closer partnership between the government and the national carrier.

"Malaysia Airlines' success in the international arena is a source of pride to the Malaysian government. We are fully-supportive of the national carrier's efforts. The government appreciates the initiatives taken by Malaysia Airlines to provide the exclusive travel services and benefits offered to civil servants under the Enrich-GOM programme," he said.

To serve this segment of customers better, Malaysia Airlines has also moved the GOM Sales Department to Kompleks Perbadanan Putrajaya. A GOM Sales Servicing Unit has also been set-up to ensure a dedicated team is handling all GOM related matters.

"Malaysia Airlines is always on the look-out for opportunities to explore innovation and new ideas. With the current challenges in the global economy and aviation industry, it is crucial for us to be able to adapt and transform in order to succeed," said Dr. Munir. "The Enrich–GOM programme is an example of our commitment to serving our customers better by providing more value and choice."

Source: Malaysia Airlines

Posted by: just4airlines.com at 0054h UTC Jan 10, 2009

I attended the launching. Not really sure the advantages but was told by my colleague that you'll get extra benefit such as lower redemption points and your mileage doesn't expire every year or something like that.... was more interested in the goodies bag. Got myself 1/400 747, 9M-MPD! :yahoo:

I called ENRICH today, and they said since the program was only launched a few days ago, they don't really have the specific outline / terms & conditions regarding this matter.

However, they promised to call me again after asking me to give my phone number. (boleh caya ke ni?)

Well...let's wait!

GOM servants travel is price inelastic and high yield for MH. It makes business sense to capture and maintain GOM market share.

:drinks:

GOM servants travel is price inelastic and high yield for MH. It makes business sense to capture and maintain GOM market share.

Exactly....the government are paying full fares after all.....

Why bother? Government servants will ONLY travel MH unless no other airline serve that destination. Even then, they will still fly full fare economy to the nearest destination MH flies before getting their onward connection with other airline.

Example: A government servant flying to North Africa (Morocco).

Agents will book that person to travel MH to Paris (or London) and then AF (or BA) to CMN or RBA. (A full fare economy with confirm upgrades to Golden Club will cost average 15K RM one way KUL-CDG) or

Flying MH on the KUL/DXB sector and EK on the next leg of the journey.

Alternatively, that particular GOM can fly Morocco from KUL with single airline via Dubai (EK), Abu Dhabi (EY) or Doha (QR) at much lower cost and and more sensible route. (Business class mind you)

So I dont understand the need for the new ENRICH-GOM. GOM will still fly with MH anyway. Thats has been the agreement between Government and MH all this while.

Can someone please fill me in with the logic behind this new product?

Edited by Azri

Why bother? Government servants will ONLY travel MH unless no other airline serve that destination. Even then, they will still fly full fare economy to the nearest destination MH flies before getting their onward connection with other airline.

Can someone please fill me in with the logic behind this new product?

Believe the Enrich is to reward gomen servants personally, to encourage them to travel more often and further.

Believe the Enrich is to reward gomen servants personally, to encourage them to travel more often and further.

I think MH should know how much, on average, government servants earn and how many actually travel internationally under GOM. (domestic travel will be peanuts for their enrich points)

If the new scheme is to encourage government servant to travel more often and further, I doubt that can be achieved. Government servant will the the most price sennsitive group and with the current fare structure by MH and the influx of low cost and Middle Eastern carrier into KLIA, its going to be a hard sell.

If the new scheme is to encourage government servant to travel more often and further, I doubt that can be achieved. Government servant will the the most price sennsitive group and with the current fare structure by MH and the influx of low cost and Middle Eastern carrier into KLIA, its going to be a hard sell.

Yeah, you sort of answered the question yourself.

Say the government officer would want to go on a leisure holiday, wouldn't he or she now be more inclined to fly MH, since now he/she already has all the points racked up from official flights?

There seems to be a lot of benefits being poured in by MH towards the government servants. All these while, all tickets booked under the government servant fare categoty (G or something) is excluded from paying the penalty for making changes to the itinerary within less than 24 hours before the actual departure time. Non government servants have to pay MYR 100 for domestic flights (between Peninsular and Borneo) and MYR 300 for international flights for such occasion.

Agree with MAR

Been traveling on GOM warrant, and no penalty charges imposed when I changed the itinerary.

The good of it, one need not to worry if the meeting schedule is extended, can easily be changed without worrying.

Edited by affendi osman

There is a circular regarding gov warrant.

Now can opt to fly with MH, AK, or FY. It depends on the Pegawai Pengawal Agensi.

If i am not mistaken, only MH accepts warrant.

It's almost 2 am in Malaysia and still the new Enrich newsletter (February - April 2009) has yet to be uploaded. Last quarter it was right on time, this quarter late again like always. :angry:

I wont be surprise also....Louis juz took his flight from BKI-KUL today and the Feb Issue of Going Places is also not avaiable on board. The flight was empty without magazine...