MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

I wont be surprise also....Louis juz took his flight from BKI-KUL today and the Feb Issue of Going Places is also not avaiable on board. The flight was empty without magazine...

Happened to me too.....on 2 day of December 2007 still no magazine on an evening TGG-KUL flight. And to think that I flew on MAS that day JUST to complete my Going Places magazine for 2007 was really upsetting. I had imagined that some people were 'going slow' during that period as there was some dissatisfaction with the top management.

4 days passed by and there is still no newsletter! Where is my newsletter? I want my newsletter. If there is no newsletter for this quarter, a simple notification email would make us Enrich members content. Why is MH treating its frequent flyers like this?

A quick inquiries into a certain MH informer revealed nothing but 'Raja Nordiana memang lembab', 'Raja Nordiana sibuk melawa' and 'Raja Nordiana sibuk makan angin hingga abaikan kerja'. Is this true?

*Raja Dato' Nordiana Zainal Syah is the General Manager of Corporate Marketing & Loyalty Programme of Malaysia Airlines.

A quick inquiries into a certain MH informer revealed nothing but 'Raja Nordiana memang lembab', 'Raja Nordiana sibuk melawa' and 'Raja Nordiana sibuk makan angin hingga abaikan kerja'. Is this true?

*Raja Dato' Nordiana Zainal Syah is the General Manager of Corporate Marketing & Loyalty Programme of Malaysia Airlines.

You know what, I've met her in person and that was the impression that I got! Enrich lembab because the head also lembab. Maybe she should consider joining MAHB.

It has been 2 months since I ordered my Temptations vouchers online to make use of my expiring miles. My 13k odd miles were deducted immediately upon order but I have yet to receive anything by post.

I'm glad that I ditched Enrich 2 years ago and start accruing Flyingblue points instead.

Since we have now a full board of representative from MH being in disguise under the username of malaysia_airlines in the forum, maybe he/she could answer this recurring problems that all of us Enrich members encounter:

1) When will MH introduce an online redemption system? It is such a nuisance that such a basic feature is not available in Enrich Online. Being a Krisflyer and Flying Blue members, where online redemption system is already in place and works smoothly and so user friendly, I just don't get it why is it so hard for MH, a 'glorious 5 star airline' to come out with one.

2) The online claim function is not working properly. For MH flights, if for some godforsaken reason your miles is not accrued, sometimes the online claim function showed an error, eventhough all information has been keyed-in accordingly based on the boarding pass. In several occasion, I was either redirected to the login page, or a message popped up saying "Your name was not in the flight/system and we have reported/recorded this matter" or something like that, but nothing ever happened afterwards. I just don't get it.

3) The miles earned from Temptation inflight shopping was NEVER being accrued, unless one bring all the receipts personally to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building, Jalan Sultan Ismail. How is the flow of the process, because as far as I concern, the Flight Attendants who handled the transaction onboard had written our Enrich particulars in like 4 copies of receipt.

4) Another thing regarding Temptation inflight sales, sometimes (usually during festive season like the last Hari Raya), MH announced that all Temptation purchases will be awarded with double miles, i.e. 4 Enrich miles per MYR 1 spent, instead of the standard 2 Enrich miles per MYR 1 spent onboard the aircraft. But when the claim is made (by going personally to the Enrich Customer Service Center), only 2 miles per MYR 1 spent was granted and all arguments about the existence of the 4 Enrich miles per MYR 1 spent promotion announced onboard were dismissed. So is MH lying to us Enrich members just to sell the Temptation items?

5) Apart from the deceptive 'double miles promotion onboard', there are also instances where an additional 10% discount is offered to passengers for Temptation purchases made onboard. However, the 10% discount was not applicable to the CIMB Enrich MasterCard co branded credit card holder, which automatically entitled for another 10% discount. I just don't understand why a 20% discount was not given to the frequent flyer members who enrolled with the frequent flyer program co branded credit card. Another deceptive tactic to lure Enrich members to purchase Temptation items?

6) MH is soooooooooooooooooooooooo lembab and just can't think out of the box when it comes to special treatment towards their frequent flyer members. Is a 'Happy Birthday' email too hard to be programmed in the noreply auto generated email system? Take AirAsia for example, a very commendable effort has been done by the airline in Facebook, a dedicated sales promotion just to a closed community of the 'fan' of the page such as this one http://www.airasia.com/creditcard/my/conte...promo_fares.htm , an online contests opened to 'fan' only community and alerts on every free seat promotions being communicated with much hype one after another after another without failed, all this just by a simple click over the internet and become a 'fan' of the airline. Why can't MH take the same initiative and or just copy the approach? Does everything need to be tabled at the ministers cabinet meeting for approval? MH failed to create the excitement of becomming an Enrich members like AirAsia did with their 'fan' in Facebook (doesn't make any sense at all!), and AirAsia don't even have a frequent flyer program to begin with. The annual 2 days sales of Temptation items and all Enrich related promotions held at the MAS Building is hardly innovative, and it just caters to those who stay in the Klang Valley. What about other members across the globe?

Is asking for a quarterly published newsletter to be uploaded in the website on time once every 3 months is too much to ask? Frequent flyer members (logically) should be appreciated, not abandoned and being treated like s#1t like this. Just a suggestion, maybe MH could dismiss Enrich and just assigned all of us members to Krisflyer FFP instead. At least no heartache to frequent flyer members and MH just need to pay some 'shared services fee' on an annual basis to SQ for it. Senang kan, tak banyak cerita.

Just to share a few grievances about Enrich from my friends who are not member of this forum (copy from text messages):

• MH kena accept yg diaorg tak pandai jaga pelanggan. I nak stop collect Enrich miles lepas redeem this yr. Byk miles tak masuk, bila buat online kata akan proses tp sampai dah 3 bln tak masuk2. Beli brg masa flight pun tak pernah masuk walaupun crew dah tulis membership no. besar2 pd receipt. Mmg lembab!
  • Jwpn MH selalu tak responsif, sekdr bahasa je yg sedap. 3 surat i dpt dr MH dahlah 2-3 bln lepas aduan & jwpn still tak meyakinkan.
  • I pernah pre ordered Temptations via MH web tp sampai keluar aircraft tak dpt apa2. Crew pun tak inform apa2 (maybe tak tahu). Pdhal MH hantar email confirmed my order. Complaint tp sampai skrg no answer. MH patut malu sbb crew & ground staff pun mengutuk mgt MH terang2 tanpa segan silu pd passengers.

I just speechless.

Totally agree with you on them all.

All my Temptations purchases have yet to be credited with any Enrich miles and when contacting on the phone, apparently it is OUR responsibility to provide the transaction records e.g. receipts and all at your nearest MAS office for them to take copies of it and have them forwarded to the Enrich department. Which is just bizarre.

I emailed Enrich numerous times in regards to this and other feedback and to this date I have yet to receive a single reply from them. Perhaps they are just plainly keen on tempting the passengers to make purchases and not keen on awarding miles after all. So, agreed, memang lembap.

Believe research conducted by MH showed, Enrich is not the reason or priority in choosing to travel MH. The company view Enrich is a liability that could do without but reward program is a must have product for legacy airlines. Hence, Enrich redemption is expensive.

:drinks:

They don't send it via email (yet). You have to read it from MH's website. The pdf version is not available for download too (yet).

However, despite the 5 days delay and the usual IT related glitches, I must say that the newsletter for this quarter is one of the best to-date. If any of us planning to redeem miles, this is the time to do so as MH offer a 50% knockdown discount to several key international destinations, the highest ever offered by the national carrier. The previous highest discount was 35%, given during the quarter of November 2006 - January 2007. On average, a discount of 30% were given during each quarter.

For a RETURN ticket on Economy Class, one only need to debit:

17,500 miles - From KUL to XMN, CAN, KMG, BOM, HYD, BLR and MAA

22,500 miles - From KUL to SYD, MEL and DEL

30,000 miles - From KUL to LHR, CDG, FRA and FCO

45,000 miles - From KUL to EWR and LAX

Travel period is from 1 February until 31 May 2009. Of course, one need to pay the accompanying tax and surcharges for each redemption.

The 30,000 miles promotion for KUL-LHR-KUL on EYCL, which translates into only 2.28 Enrich miles burnt per actual miles flown, is the most generous ever offered by MH in (probably) history (the one off campaign during the 2 days annual Enrich Indulgence Sales Promotion is excluded). As a comparison, I think one need to fork out 25,000 miles for a return Economy Class seat from KUL to BKI using the standard non discounted redemption rate.

From the newsletter too, I was introduced to the by-invitation only CIMB Enrich WORLD MasterCard co branded credit card and Maxims Suite in Genting Highlands. I never knew about this 2. The CIMB Enrich WORLD MasterCard co branded credit card looks like the penultimate of the ultimate, sounds very exclusive.

For a RETURN ticket on Economy Class, one only need to debit:

17,500 miles - From KUL to XMN, CAN, KMG, BOM, HYD, BLR and MAA

22,500 miles - From KUL to SYD, MEL and DEL

30,000 miles - From KUL to LHR, CDG, FRA and FCO

45,000 miles - From KUL to EWR and LAX

generous indeed (for this round).. but every time i call, seems like the answer is standard "no more seats for redemption tickets" .... and i wonder how many seats is allocated for redemption ticket? of cos, different route may have different number of seats allocated ...

I think it's 1 seat only for T class fare (award redemption) for each MH flight.

I dont know how the redemption engine works and neither do the folks manning the Enrich lines, but I've obtained up to 5 seats on one flight...and that's in J class! And have redeemed 3-5 seats on same flight in Y.

They don't send it via email (yet). You have to read it from MH's website. The pdf version is not available for download too (yet).

Of interest to Azizul & other Enrich fans, I thought Enrich has stopped printing the quarterly newsletters, but I've got physical copies of the latest/ current edition. And it's free. Maybe there's still old school demand for physical copies.

Mushrif,

I also got the hard copy newsletter, but its stated in the newsletter that that issue will be the last FREE issue, any subsequent issues are charged(enrich points, 3000pts if i've not mistaken). Also SAVING TREES is the reason why according to the newsletter.

I think the notice about 'no more hardcopies' of the World of Riches newsletter has been communicated to the Enrich members since more than a year ago but MH still printed out the hard copy version. I never failed to obtain a few copies whenever passing through the Golden Lounges in KUL or paying a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail.

I am ok with the digital copy of the magazine. However, I do believe that the service quality of Enrich team has gone down over the years. For example earlier I had no problem getting my password for online inquiry done within say 2 days. But for the last 12 months or so I have been having problem again. You know after 3 tries your account will be locked and you have to contact their hotline. None of my e-mail was responded at all. Until I finally managed to request another password via the new online interaction.

MAS to invest in Enrich loyalty programme

KUALA LUMPUR, April 3 — Malaysia Airlines will continue to invest in its Enrich programme for its frequent flyers to encourage them to keep flying with the airline.

MAS corporate marketing and loyalty programme general manager Raja Datuk Nordiana Zainal Shah said to date the airline has invested a significant amount for the programme.

However, she did not disclose the actual investment for the programme.

Enrich is MAS’s loyalty programme designed to enrich its frequent flyers and encourage their loyalty towards flying with the airline, she said.

“We have had this programme since 1999 but since then we have developed programmes with different tiers,” she explained.

Starting with only gold and blue membership in 1999, now the programme offers four more tiers, namely the silver, gold, black and blue.

The Silver programme, launched in 2006, is designed for frequent economy travellers, who together also account for the largest number of members for its Enrich programme with more than 50,000 members throughout Malaysia.

“Our largest (member) base is Malaysia, followed by Australia, the United Kingdom and Indonesia,” she said.

According to Raja Nordiana, MAS to date has more than 1.5 million Enrich members across 200 countries.

“This programme is still relatively new. A lot can be done to enhance it. Right now we are upgrading our system.

“We started with 9,000 members. Now we want to expand our membership and enrich them across other countries,” she said on the sidelines of the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur fabulous fashion and style night yesterday.

She said Enrich Malaysia Airlines had partnered Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, in line with the shopping mall’s promotional activities for the Malaysia Grand Prix celebrations which took off on April 1.

She said with over 100 outlets participating in the five-day event, its Enrich members will be able to benefit when they spend at the participating outlets.

Raja Nordiana said the airline also encouraged participating retail outlets to display the Enrich application forms to secure more new members.

“This programme line up will include discounts and value buys for our Enrich members,” she added. — Bernama

After they made me paid RM900+ surcharge for redemption ticket to SYD, I have lost interest in Enrich. Don’t intend to be milked by them again. Believe one still can collect and redeem MH mileage by using NW WorldPerks.

:drinks:

Don’t intend to be milked by them again. Believe one still can collect and redeem MH mileage by using NW WorldPerks.

Received a PR letter from NWA WorldPerks last week and was notified that this will soon become Delta Skymiles. And one can no longer earn NWA WorldPerks miles on all Malaysia Airlines domectic flights since August or September 2003.

members of Enrich Silver now get a RM1000 discount for the Golden Lounge Privilege program. Was RM2000 before being reduced to RM1000, T&C stays the same.

“This programme is still relatively new. A lot can be done to enhance it. Right now we are upgrading our system.

Hasn't Enrich been around for awhile?

Yes, a lot can be done to enhance it.

She doesn't seem to elaborate on what investments MAS are contemplating though.

Edited by mcsour1

Im disappointed that the basic fares doesnt even entitled for enrich accrual now....MH is insane by doing so....previously fares under L, V & S are entitled for 30% while, H, Q and onwards are entitled for 70% but now such fares are fall into low and basic fares categories...which the online system prompt yo such fares are not entitle for any enrich at all.....sad and sad to say that it's indeed very very very expensive to travel with MH nowadays....

Edited by Kenneth T

World of Riches newsletter for the new quarter, 1 May - 31 July 2009, is failed to be uploaded on time, again, as usual. Let see how many days of delay this time around.

World of Riches newsletter for the new quarter, 1 May - 31 July 2009, is failed to be uploaded on time, again, as usual. Let see how many days of delay this time around.

why they so like that one?? :blink: