MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Not only 'World of Riches', but online 'Going Places' magazine is stuck in January. Tidur ke? zzzzzzz......

Read about the latest news and promotions from Enrich and make sure you don't miss out on any of our exciting offers.

Latest News and Promotions

• Travel to China and India from as low as 17,500 Enrich Miles

• Discover Australia and the Middle East from only 22,400 Enrich Miles

• See Africa and Europe from just 29,400 Enrich Miles

• Redeem a return ticket from Thailand to Kuala Lumpur for only 10,000 Enrich Miles

• Earn Double Enrich Miles on flights to 17 cities across Southeast Asia and North Asia

• Extend your Enrich Miles validity for 15% less

• Be pampered at the new Regional Lounge for 1,000 Enrich Miles less

• Get 1,000 Enrich Miles with MAS Travel Insurance annual coverage

• UPDATE: Alliance Bank Gold Card members can now convert their Timeless Bonus Points to Enrich Miles

• NEW PARTNER: Do business in style around the world with Regus

I checked the website at 01:30 and the new newsletter has been uploaded. But the promo links still lead to past promotions. Anyway, looks like the 'Discover Australia from only 22,400 Enrich Miles' promotion has been withdrawn (?) at last minute. It wasn't in the newsletter. 'See Africa and Europe from just 29,400 Enrich Miles' promotion is also missing. Are these promotions were not approved at last minutes and being exchanged with the 3 pages spread of how to log in to Enrich Online?

The best award redemption offers are to Beirut, Istanbul and Dubai. This is the first time a discount on miles redemption is given to Beirut. However, MH did offered better discounts for Istanbul and Dubai previously.

Istanbul once being offered for 39,000 Enrich miles (35% discount) during the quarter of November 2006 - January 2007 [where I redeemed my first award miles] vs 42,000 Enrich miles (30% discount) on current promotion this quarter.

Dubai was twice being offered for 29,250 Enrich miles (35% discount) during the quarter of November 2006 - January 2007 and May - October 2007 vs 31,500 Enrich miles (30% discount) on current promotion this quarter.

I checked the website at 01:30 and the new newsletter has been uploaded. But the promo links still lead to past promotions. Anyway, looks like the 'Discover Australia from only 22,400 Enrich Miles' promotion has been withdrawn (?) at last minute. It wasn't in the newsletter. 'See Africa and Europe from just 29,400 Enrich Miles' promotion is also missing. Are these promotions were not approved at last minutes and being exchanged with the 3 pages spread of how to log in to Enrich Online?

There seems to be a conflict between the current offers and the one displayed inside the online version of World of Riches (WOR). Based on the offer headlines, the offers to Europe, Australia and South Africa are exist but it was missing from the online WOR. I need to get the hard copy version to be certained about it.

If those missing offers are really exist, it looks like this quarter is the best time to redeem some miles. The last time MH offers such a wide selection of discount on redemption was in the quarter of February - April 2007.

I mean:

42,000 Enrich miles for a return Economy class ticket to London, Frankfurt, Rome, Cape Town, Johannesburg and Istanbul;

31,500 Enrich miles for a return Economy class ticket to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Beirut and Dubai;

24,500 Enrich miles for a return Economy class ticket to Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Kunming, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Dhaka and Colombo.

That is a lot of generous offers! It would be a perfect quarter without a single complain (at least from me) if the online confusion matter is not happening. Too bad.

There seems to be a conflict between the current offers and the one displayed inside the online version of World of Riches (WOR). Based on the offer headlines, the offers to Europe, Australia and South Africa are exist but it was missing from the online WOR. I need to get the hard copy version to be certained about it.

If those missing offers are really exist, it looks like this quarter is the best time to redeem some miles. The last time MH offers such a wide selection of discount on redemption was in the quarter of February - April 2007.

I mean:

42,000 Enrich miles for a return Economy class ticket to London, Frankfurt, Rome, Cape Town, Johannesburg and Istanbul;

31,500 Enrich miles for a return Economy class ticket to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Beirut and Dubai;

24,500 Enrich miles for a return Economy class ticket to Shanghai, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Kunming, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Dhaka and Colombo.

That is a lot of generous offers! It would be a perfect quarter without a single complain (at least from me) if the online confusion matter is not happening. Too bad.

If I knew that such offers would pop up I would have waited till now to redeem an award ticket. Burnt 60000 miles for ADL - KUL (EYCL) and KUL - ADL (GCCL) earlier this year.

If I knew that such offers would pop up I would have waited till now to redeem an award ticket. Burnt 60000 miles for ADL - KUL (EYCL) and KUL - ADL (GCCL) earlier this year.

Sing Yew, are you sure it's 60,000? I think the normal redemption miles for all Australian destinations is 45,000 Enrich miles, thus 30% discount x 45,000 = 31,500 Enrich miles, as offered in this quarter.

Sing Yew, are you sure it's 60,000? I think the normal redemption miles for all Australian destinations is 45,000 Enrich miles, thus 30% discount x 45,000 = 31,500 Enrich miles, as offered in this quarter.

Yes. Because it was a mixed class award redemption. EYCL for the KUL bound flight and GCCL for the ADL bound flight.

Just wondering, can we actually make a single redemption for say MEL - KUL - PEN or would it be considered as two separate award redemption MEL - KUL and KUL - PEN respectively ?

Guest Michael

Same for me when I flew in March, I have not got my miles credited to my account yet or any miles from Temptations, so going to fax off my details tomorrow from here at home. Also I can not get the online thing to work for missing miles

Frequent-flyer programme: Not an Enriching online experience

By : JESSEY CHERIAN GEORGE, Puchong, Selangor

HOW hard can it be to apply for anything online these days?

Some applications, for example, Hasil online, are surprisingly easy. The online booking experience with Air-Asia was also pleasant.

Now try applying for the Enrich frequent flyer program-me by our national carrier, Malaysia Airlines.

The site is easy to find and the fields that you are required to fill out are standard.

But now comes the challenge: clicking the submit button.

Go ahead, try it. You will be whisked off to a dull page notifying you that the page cannot be found.

So you try another web browser instead, rationalising that the earlier one did not fulfil the software parameters.

You hit the same submit button. Guess what? You're at the same dead end.

At this point, you have invested too much time and do not want to put that to waste.

So you call the 1-300 number and wait while the repetitive message keeps your hopes alive that some human is about to solve your problem. A voice tells you to try again in a few minutes. And so I kept on trying.

That was about a month ago.

Not having learnt my cyber lesson, I tried again. This time, I was not amused. So I called the 1-300 number again.

After 12 minutes of waiting, I gave up on Enrich.

I do not know what it takes for a customer to become a member of Enrich or for someone to fix the problem.

I am sure both tasks are no more difficult than ironing a shirt.

:D :D What lah. In the past I've had some problems with Enrich online e.g. password not recognized on 3 separate occasions, which required me to make several phonecalls to MAS, resulting in my password being reset several times.

But I can't be bothered with Enrich anymore since I've ceased flying MAS altogether. And I'm proud of it!

During peak hour the 1300 line is busy a usual and i had once waited for more than 15 minutes just to make a flight bookings. The best time to call is always in the early morning.

No point using enrich cos the bastards take all your money with expensive fares then give you HALF in points. I'm not a business class user unfortunately....

I am sure there must be other airlines with better deals around!!

dah lah i only JUST realised i am losing points every year cos i never used them or never updated them.

and I find it extremely difficult to retrospectively add points .... you can't just go to the airport or any office to add points...it has to be FAXED somewhere. i don't have time to do all that crap.

sorry for the rant...haven't said anything the past few months cos I have officially given up hoping and praying MAS and KLIA will be better than SQ and SIN.

Forget it la. We can just lower our aims and become an Asian LCC hub...like Dublin is to Europe.

Edited by Izanee

Was trying to book a ticket to KUL just now and found out they now have 4 categories of air fare. The most "expensive" fare in the lowest fare bucket of BKI/KUL appears to be RM866 return (inclusive of tax and fuel surcharge). And for this kind of air fare, you get 0% for Enrich Miles and NO advance seat selection. Way to screw MAS :rolleyes:

correct isaac, i also try to booking the ticket, i see MH already upgrade their booking system

but the good news, MH introduce EVERYDAY LOW FARE at all time

mh-new.jpg

searching panel

mh-2.jpg

KL-PEN

mh-3.jpg

PEN-KL

mh-4.jpg

MH offer extra 5KG (25kg) baggage allowance for MHsmart

Edited by M. Sofian H.

correct isaac, i also try to booking the ticket, i see MH already upgrade their booking system

but the good news, MH introduce EVERYDAY LOW FARE at all time

mh-new.jpg

searching panel

mh-2.jpg

KL-PEN

mh-3.jpg

PEN-KL

mh-4.jpg

MH offer extra 5KG (25kg) baggage allowance for MHsmart

On KUL/PEN sector;

Upgrade from MHlow to MHsmart, you are paying RM157 for 5kg extra baggage, advance seat selection and 201 Enrich miles.

When you redeem for free flight, you need 11,000 Enrich miles and to pay RM96 surcharge.

One doesn’t need to be an accountant to work out the value of Enrich miles.

Year to date, I accumulated ZERO Enrich miles ;)

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Can't have everything, I guess?!

I like the idea of smart fare, they are offering something that you don't find in AK - 25kg baggage allowance, seat selection and enrich miles. Surely there are people out there who are willing to pay extra for these added services.