MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

Kindly alert us here if the new World of Riches newsletter (August - October 2009) is out in any form (hardcopy/online/pdf version).

Azizul - U should have just introduce a new topic in the MH section on why the 5-star carrier simply cannot plan to publish the latest WoR by 31Jul09 on its website, and it is always late every quarter.

If it is late every quarter, the validity should be from the n'th date of the first month of that new quarter, as opposed to the 1st - as nobody can ever benefit from the offer right from the start given MH's tardiness.

Azizul - U should have just introduce a new topic in the MH section

After posting some replies there without any favourable and timely response, I have decided not to associate myself with that so much lacking in organisation parasite subforum.

You know what, I just got hold of the hard copy of WoR Aug-Oct09.

So, it is easier for MH to print hardcopies and distribute them than to publishthem on its website.

AMAZING!!!

A 5-star achievement indeed.

(Who knows, printed timetables and nice menus in Y may be making a come back!!)

Amongst others in the WoR;

- Enrich Customer Service Centre relocates to KL Sentral;

- 35%-50% redemption discounts to China (incl HK), Japan, Korea, Taiwan

- 2x to 3x earning promos to Cambodia, Australia & NZ

The rest just offers from partners and other less important news and snippets which you dont already know about or care about or they're just insignificant.

You know what, I just got hold of the hard copy of WoR Aug-Oct09.

So, it is easier for MH to print hardcopies and distribute them than to publishthem on its website.

AMAZING!!!

A 5-star achievement indeed.

BRAVA!

(Who knows, printed timetables and nice menus in Y may be making a come back!!)

MH has proved to be extremely slow in updating the pdf version of the timetable where at any one time, there must be a mistake somewhere in it. So yes, if they can update it faster by printing it then why not. But then again, the accountants wouldn't be too excited with the printing and stationery related expenses that it is going to incur.

- Enrich Customer Service Centre relocates to KL Sentral;

Finally everything will be under one roof after so much grouses being thrown to the magnificent airline before that the KL Sentral Office is not as flagship as it claimed to be. Good for MH because at least they can save a little on the rental cost of that very spacious Mezzanine Level office in their former Head Quarters building. But I am not sure whether the Enrich CS Reps are happy to leave their wide workstations over a narrow counter located further inside the KL Sentral office.

BRAVA!

But then again, the accountants wouldn't be too excited with the printing and stationery related expenses that it is going to incur.

I was being sarcastic....

MH is actually super inefficient...if more costly WoR in hard copies can be printed and distributed in time, why cant something much simpler and definitely lower cost/unit like having the e-version up on the website on time?

Separately, you should try and get hold of the Going Places Aug issue. Very Nice Lat cartoon Merdeka cover like last year's, some nice aviation articles like on SZB T3, MASWings and MH through the years.

The online and pdf versions of the latest WOR is finally uploaded. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en/downloads/loyalty/enrich/WOR_Aug_Oct.pdf

I was caught by surprise with the inclusion of National Commercial Bank of Saudi Arabia (NCB Bank) as one of the credit card partner. Didn't know that many Saudis (or people living in Saudi Arabia) are Enrich members.

Will the 16 hours upgrade in MH's website resulting in prompt uploading of the new WOR newsletter (for quarter of 1 November 2009 - 31 January 2010)? Or it will be late as usual? Wanna bet?

As of last week, it still cost a whopping over Rm1,000 surcharge for Enrich redemption to SYD :angry:

May let my points expire end of December :(

:drinks:

The surcharges for redemption ticket to Australia is the most expensive within MH's 6 continents network. Maybe you can redeem for flights at other destinations? Or redeem non flight items from Temptations, vouchers etc?

The surcharges for redemption ticket to Australia is the most expensive within MH's 6 continents network. Maybe you can redeem for flights at other destinations? Or redeem non flight items from Temptations, vouchers etc?

Thanks, Golden lounge voucher is 8,000 points! will see what else I can redeem.

Edited by KK Lee

I seriously think you should wait until the 1 November 2009 WOR comes out first, who knows there will be some nice offers that you can use to redeem those miles.

KUL/OOL return on D7 promo fare inclusive of meal and luggage is RM300+ cheaper than Enrich surcharge on KUL/BNE redemption. Hard to explains the rational of accumulating Enrich miles :sorry: :pardon:

Edited by KK Lee

Well, what can i say.....Enrich is very expensive....comparable to many frequent flyers club in the region.....i don't see any rationale behind other than cost is concern :rolleyes:

The points credited was consistent with MH promise to double your enrich points for the first trip on GOM card. [...]

As for discrimination between private/government sector on the points, I believe MH reward you with the points based on the fare paid, not who you work with.

Self contradictory?

Self contradictory?

As clearly mention, its only for the FIRST trip with Enrich-GOM members. Its a welcome gesture for Enrich-GOM, just like other credit card-related promo for instance.

I think you should verify your facts before giving such statement.MH will not give gold card to government servants if they do not fulfill the requirements.

I recently received my GOM card and it was not upgraded. Still blue. And I am green with envy with some of our members :)

I believe some of our members got their cards upgraded due to the complimentary points being credited under the promotional period. Some of them are not aware that their points have reached the gold status threshold and hence the change of colour.

I recently received 1,000 complimentary points for becoming Enrich-GOM member.

MH promise to double your enrich points for the first trip on GOM card. I will be doing return EWR/LHR/KUL next month and I shall be able to verify this facts.

As for discrimination between private/government sector on the points, I believe MH reward you with the points based on the fare paid, not who you work with.

Edited by Azri

The MH Rumour Department just leaked a news that Enrich miles are now accrueable on all MH's codeshare flights on their partner's metal (flights MH 9XXX), which suddenly open up a new horizon of airline selections and destinations to all Enrich members. MH's codeshare partners and the destination served (some of which might have not been updated or flight flown by MH on behalf of the codeshare partners mind you) are as follows:

Air India - Hyderabad, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Mumbai

Air Mauritius - Mauritius, Melbourne

Alitalia - Athens, Barcelona, Frankfurt, Geneva, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Penang, Perth, Rome, Sydney

All Nippon Airways - Fukuoka, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Langkawi, Narita, Nagoya, Osaka, Penang, Sapporo, Sendai

Austrian Airlines - Vienna

BMI - Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London Heathrow, Manchester

Cathay Pacific - Hong Kong, Penang

China Southern Airlines - Beijing, Guangzhou, Shanghai-Pudong

Continental Airlines - Special Pro Rate Agreement

Dragon Air - Kota Kinabalu, Hong Kong

Egyptair - Cairo, Kuala Lumpur

Etihad Airways - Abu Dhabi

Garuda Indonesia - Darwin, Denpasar, Frankfurt, Jakarta, London, Medan, Paris, Surabaya, Stockholm, Newark

Gulf Air - Bahrain, Kuala Lumpur, Muscat

Jet Airways - Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai

KLM - Adelaide, Amsterdam, Auckland, Bergen, Brisbane, Brussels, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Helsinki, Kota Kinabalu, Langkawi, Melbourne, Oslo, Penang, Perth, Stavanger, Sydney, Stockholm

Korean Air - Incheon, Penang

Myanmar Airways International - Rangoon

Philippine Airlines - Cebu, Manila

Qatar Airways - Doha

Royal Brunei Airlines - Brunei

SilkAir - Singapore

Singapore Airlines - Singapore

South African Airways - Johannesburg

Sri Lankan Airlines - Colombo, Kuala Lumpur

Swiss International Airlines - Zürich

Thai Airways International - Bangkok, Phuket

Transaero Airlines - Moscow, Kuala Lumpur

Turkish Airlines - Istanbul

Uzbekistan Airways - Tashkent

Virgin Blue - Balina Byron, Broome, Cairns, Canberra, Coffs Harbour, Darwin, Frasers Coast, Gold Coast, Hamilton Island, Hobart, Mackay, Newcastle, Rockhampton, Sunshine Coast, Townsville

Enrich is also planning a big surprises for its 10th anniversary. There has been an enhancement to the online redemption function, whereby discounts are given to some flights (maybe) according to the load factor, and redemption for JCL is now can be done online too. For example, a search done by the MH Rumour Depatment officer for flights KUL-CDG vv and KUL-LHR vv for December 2009, revealed variable results - 45,000 return in EYCL for certain date, 30,000 return in EYCL for certain date and 55,000 return in JCL for certain date. The normal non discounted redemption rate for all MH flights to Europe is 60,000 for EYCL. Was informed that on certain date, the miles required to redeem JCL is lesser than EYCL on the very same flight - well, MH and its bugs in the online systems. That aside, in general, this is an improvement.

Now trying the feature myself.

By the way, the new World of Riches for the period 1 November 2009 - 31 January 2010 is still nowhere to be found - 14 days late now.

The MH Rumour Department just leaked a news that Enrich miles are now accrueable on all MH's codeshare flights on their partner's metal (flights MH 9XXX), which suddenly open up a new horizon of airline selections and destinations to all Enrich members.

Dear Enrich Member,

We have something truly exclusive to share with you. With our new codeshare plan, your next journey with Malaysia Airlines will be an even more enthralling experience.

You’ll be pleased to know that Enrich has been spreading its wings recently. You can now earn Enrich Miles on our codeshare flights (MH9000 series). Just travel with any of our prominent airline codeshare partners, which are all ready to take you to a wider selection of destinations worldwide!

By the way, this is just the beginning of many, many more rewards that we’ve planned for our upcoming 10th anniversary celebration! We hope you’ll have a wonderful time enjoying our promotions galore. Should you require more information, please call us at 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia), or email enrich@malaysiaairlines.com

Dear Enrich Member,

We have something truly exclusive to share with you. With our new codeshare plan, your next journey with Malaysia Airlines will be an even more enthralling experience.

You’ll be pleased to know that Enrich has been spreading its wings recently. You can now earn Enrich Miles on our codeshare flights (MH9000 series). Just travel with any of our prominent airline codeshare partners, which are all ready to take you to a wider selection of destinations worldwide!

Azizul,

This "enhancement" of accruing miles on MH9xxx series flights was actually (quietly) effective July-2009. I have been accruidng some miles on such flights since then. Only now MH has been making it official. And the greatest enhancement of it all - if it happens - is MH publishing the WoR ON-TIME, every time!

Maybe the folks at IT, who control the website, have some grudge against the Enrich folks, and do their level best to make the latter look bad (or worse)?

I tried to do dummy redemption online, KUL - AMS, January 2010 costs only 21K miles. What a surprise!

Can go sightseeing now!

Any reduction on surcharge? How much is the surcharge for KUL/AMS return?

I think they are having a 50% redemption discount on all European destinations for this quarter (with the absence of WoR we don't have reference). KUL-LHR/AMS on First Class is going for only 35,000 Enrich miles 1 way. Return surcharge would be MYR 1,246.00 for LHR and MYR 962.00 for AMS.