MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Edwin P K

MAS Enrich Frequent Flyer Program

[*]MH kena accept yg diaorg tak pandai jaga pelanggan. I nak stop collect Enrich miles lepas redeem this yr. Byk miles tak masuk, bila buat online kata akan proses tp sampai dah 3 bln tak masuk2. Beli brg masa flight pun tak pernah masuk walaupun crew dah tulis membership no. besar2 pd receipt. Mmg lembab!

[*]Jwpn MH selalu tak responsif, sekdr bahasa je yg sedap. 3 surat i dpt dr MH dahlah 2-3 bln lepas aduan & jwpn still tak meyakinkan.

[*]I pernah pre ordered Temptations via MH web tp sampai keluar aircraft tak dpt apa2. Crew pun tak inform apa2 (maybe tak tahu). Pdhal MH hantar email confirmed my order. Complaint tp sampai skrg no answer. MH patut malu sbb crew & ground staff pun mengutuk mgt MH terang2 tanpa segan silu pd passengers.[/i]

I just speechless.

Exactly...i always have to submit the receipt for temptation products i purchased on board....it takes them to post such transactions as well. I hate to say that Enrich miles is indeed expensive and i am thinking to purchase L fares for my future travelling with MH since any fares from L, V S, H & Q are no longer entitle for enrich accruals...what's the point of wasting extra dollar and cents...I wonder what's the Enrich department really works hard to enhance MH image.....worst come to worst, i should consider trying other airlines...

Beli brg masa flight pun tak pernah masuk walaupun crew dah tulis membership no. besar2 pd receipt. Mmg lembab!

Exactly...i always have to submit the receipt for temptation products i purchased on board....it takes them to post such transactions as well.

Couldn't agree more. I have bought several things from Temptations a few times. I bought a plane model and a deck of heliconia themed playing card at the travel fair at Sutera Magellen ballroom last year. The miles were never credited to my Enrich account.

I hate to say that Enrich miles is indeed expensive and i am thinking to purchase L fares for my future travelling with MH since any fares from L, V S, H & Q are no longer entitle for enrich accruals...what's the point of wasting extra dollar and cents...I wonder what's the Enrich department really works hard to enhance MH image.....worst come to worst, i should consider trying other airlines...

I no longer carry my Enrich membership card in my wallet anymore since there is not much chance to use it. Enrich miles is not the only thing that is expensive in MAS. Even its international air fare is bloody expensive.

I was trying to help my dad to book a ticket to HKG yesterday. He wants to go to HKG coming Tuesday (5/5/09) and back a week later (12/5/09). He always prefer a nonstop flight and of course MH, AK and CX quickly come to mind. Of all these airlines MAS is the most expensive at RM1258 and mind you that this is a MHlow fare and you cannot accumulate Enrich miles in this fare category. AK is the cheapest at only RM798 while CX is RM980. The CX fare allows for Asia Miles FFP miles accumulation and you can change the return date with a fee. But the thing is that the maximum stay for this CX fare type (V Class) is only 7 days.

Anyways, i decided to try SQ as well and it turned out that SQ is the cheapest among the 3 full-service carriers at only RM823 (inclusive of tax and surcharge) and it is only RM25 more expensive than AK. The fare also includes a one-way ride on SIA brand new 77W. What's even better is that my dad can change the return date of this SIA ticket at a nominal fee and he can accumulate Krisflyer miles too. This shows just how not competitive MAS air fare is :angry:

Edited by Isaac

I just lost my gold status (received silver card already) as MH failed to credit most of my miles from the past year... I am in continuos contact with them - well, more, I keep bugging them without any replies - but nothing happens. Even the german office does not want to help anymore...

I always was a strong supporter of MAS, but I guess they finally (after several other errr inconveniences) they successfully drove me away.

Who needs a paying C customer anyway?

Should the management fail to take immediate measures to rectify such matter...i would expect some changes in the enrich elite status..which in other words turning some of the loyalty customer away, but again, i dont think they really care....

Edited by Kenneth T

I just got the hardcopy of Enrich's latest quarterly WOR.

And unsurprisingly, it is stated that hard copies will continue to be available to members until 30-Oct-09. So the deadline keeps being pushed back.

But MH being MH, nothing from the latest WoR is available online yet.

There's a 50% redemption offer on Asean routes.

Also, there's the online redemption for Y class only, for now. But it seems that the redemption points required for the 50%-off ASEAN routes are not fully in sync with what the WoR suggested is on offer.

Edited by Mushrif A

The online newsletter for May - July 2009 has been uploaded, although the preview in the main page still showing the blue newsletter of the previous quarter. We can download it here. http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uploads/en...OR-May-June.pdf

Online flight redemption is finally available through Enrich Online, but it is only can process Economy Class redemption at the moment. I hope to try this feature soon and please God, hopefully there will be no problem when doing so.

I complained on few issues recently on my flight to PEK and one such area is that Enrich is expensive recently ..and sad to say that they never reply to me on such matter.

Edited by Kenneth T

In December 07, when I redeemed Enrich points for KUL/SYD flight, need to pay about RM970 surcharge :angry:

In April/May 09, EK is offering SIN/BNE, SIN/MEL all inclusive return from SGD424 :good: It is pretty sure, fuel is not the sole variable cost, EK is not uploading subsidized fuel from SIN, BNE or MEL and this fare is higher than marginal cost.

Wonder why I no longer bother to accumulate Enrich points? :pardon: :sorry:

:drinks:

Wonder why I no longer bother to accumulate Enrich points? :pardon: :sorry:

Old habits die hard, particularly those deemed as vices :p

What to do, check-in for rehab loh ! :D

Was at KUL this morning, hopped into MH ticket office, fasicinated to find; Enrich redemption EY return surcharge for KUL/MEL and KUL/BNE is RM974 and RM1,029 respectively :o

May be Enrich can enlighten us the value of Enrich points :sorry:

To redeem Enrich miles for EY return KUL/MEL and KUL/BNE, need to pay surcharge of RM974 and RM1,029 respectively.

EK is offering EY return SIN/MEL and SIN/BNE from SGD424.

Hope MH can enlighten us the value of Enrich miles.

Negative value, like Flying Blue. More expensive to redeem than buy ticket. None the less, like a conditioned Pavlovian dog, I still collect points in both programmes. <_>

I take it the same as credit card points or petrol rewards points. Can't actually get anything but ticket price are cheap these days.

No longer bother to earn Enrich points nowadays and have taken my Enrich membership card off my wallet. I have 3 ATM cards, 2 credit cards, ISETAN membership card and JCard inside my wallet. So there simply is no room for this card in my wallet which is no big deal as there is hardly a chance i can use it anyway :)

OT : can use the unwanted card as bookmark, extra key card in hotels... umm, what else? Not really OT - that's the actual value of the Enrich card.

thanks to enrich ... with enrich silver, i can checked in at business class counter even if i'm flying on economy .. saves me from queuing up esp to Indian continental ..

thanks to enrich ... with enrich silver, i can checked in at business class counter even if i'm flying on economy .. saves me from queuing up esp to Indian continental ..

So there is light at the end of the tunnel. See? You are all so quick to put down Enrich.

So there is light at the end of the tunnel. See? You are all so quick to put down Enrich.

Indeed there's a light at the end of tunnel; but u need to beg first! Had enjoyed free upgrades and companion redemptions. But need to always check that the right amount of miles are credited / debited most of the times.

I've received my ENRICH-GOM card after waiting for it for almost 3 months.

Anyway, to my surprise ENRICH upgraded me to GOLD tier.

The proof is as shown here....

http://shw.fendiosman.fotopages.com/20603270.html

waaaaa...golden lounge after this!

and more privileges to come........

syukur keje dengan Gomen!

Edited by affendi osman

Affendi, care to share how much is your Enrich miles in the account before the upgrade? (You can just give a range number, no need to be exact).