MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

Rumour: MH to Cut Inflight Meals Beginning 1 October 2007

Is this "snackbox" program completely gone ? I was on MH068 (4 Jan 08, BKI-KUL) and MH080 (13 Jan 08, KUL-BKI) and a complete hot meal (consisted of an appetizer, an entrée, a dessert, a bun and a Beryls chocolate on MH080) was served on both of my flights. According to MAS original plan, i should be served a stupid snackbox on both of my flights.

The 93% approved stupid sandwic snackboxes only make their appearance on pure domestic flights and some regional flights (BKK, CGK, IndoChina etc).

Your flights to/from BKI is the first/2nd sector of international direct, but not non-stop flights, and snackboxes do not apply...probably because the 7% who disagreed fly on such routes(?).

I'm confused! So are there snack boxes served on KUL-BKI flights or not? The outcome will determine what airline I fly back to BKI at the end of the year, so I really need to know for sure. :mellow:

I'm confused! So are there snack boxes served on KUL-BKI flights or not? The outcome will determine what airline I fly back to BKI at the end of the year, so I really need to know for sure. :mellow:

Yes and no. Yes, if pure domestic flight. No if sector part of an int'l flight. Elementary stuff.

Could be a move that they wish to please the Japanese customers.

Isaac, any pic of the Japanese F/As? :p If yes, please PM me :D If I fly MH again, I wanna be on MH081 or 080 again!!

Edited by S V Choong

Could be a move that they wish to please the Japanese customers

No lah, cannot be ! If they want to please anyone, they would have delighted them with the sand-wic themed stuff. Hey, 93% approval rate should not be slighted in any manner !

No lah, cannot be ! If they want to please anyone, they would have delighted them with the sand-wic themed stuff. Hey, 93% approval rate should not be slighted in any manner !

Who knows, the Japanese may be amongst the 7% who disapproves them. If they are so good, they should try and serve the notorious Sandwic box on the long haul sectors to the West and cut out some of the meals. See what results they will get! :pardon: But I won't be checking the result for sure.

These snack boxes should only be applicable for flights within the Peninsular Malaysia and KUL - SIN only. (i.e. less than 1 hour flying time). Barulah truly a 5 star at regional level.

The 93% approved stupid sandwic snackboxes only make their appearance on pure domestic flights and some regional flights (BKK, CGK, IndoChina etc).

Certain "pure domestic" flights (such as MH2605 from BKI to KUL) was not part of the stupid snackbox trial run. I was on MH2605 October last year and was served a complete hot meal with two choices of main course.

Your flights to/from BKI is the first/2nd sector of international direct, but not non-stop flights, and snackboxes do not apply...probably because the 7% who disagreed fly on such routes(?).

According to MAS original press release (and the internal email to staff), freaking snackboxes will be served on all involved domestic and international regional flights starting this month. Not just certain flights. Meaning i was supposed to get the bloody snackbox on both of my MAS flights last week. But then, i was served a complete hot meal. I was never on any MAS flights that passengers are offered a snackbox but i really hope this stupid snackbox will be gone for good. Being served a complete hot meal and assigned seating are the reasons i am willing to pay a higher price just to get on MAS flight.

Only MAS flight/cabin crew have the latest update now.

Could be a move that they wish to please the Japanese customers.

Probably not because i think the Japanese are somehow used to not being served any kind of meal on any domestic flight as both NH and JL do not serve any hot meal on longer Japanese domestic flight such as Tokyo - Okinawa (2h50m).

Isaac, any pic of the Japanese F/As? :p If yes, please PM me :D If I fly MH again, I wanna be on MH081 or 080 again!!

:D I do not have any picture of Japanese F/As. But you really should try MH080/MH081/MH051 sometimes. All these flights are operated by 772.

If they are so good, they should try and serve the notorious Sandwic box on the long haul sectors to the West and cut out some of the meals. See what results they will get! :pardon:

:good: Since they are so convinced that passengers fancy their stupid snackbox so much :rofl:

Edited by Isaac

..... a complete hot meal (consisted of an appetizer, an entrée, a dessert, a bun and a Beryls chocolate on MH080) was served on both of my flights .....

Isaac,

Just reread your originating post - is the "entrée" supposed to masquerade as 'main course' ?

In which case, it's not much of a "complete hot meal" in true sense of word - neither by the letter nor in spirit ! :pardon: :)

Being served a complete hot meal and assigned seating are the reasons i am willing to pay a higher price just to get on MAS flight.
The irony is that today, by prepaying duirng booking, you can get both of these on AK (although the choice of a hot meal is a nasi lemak or a nasi lemak).
Isaac,Just reread your originating post - is the "entrée" supposed to masquerade as 'main course' ?In which case, it's not much of a "complete hot meal" in true sense of word - neither by the letter nor in spirit ! :pardon: :)
In US English, "entree" is "main course".

On my flight back to Adelaide last Saturday, the inflight supervisor mentioned that they were going to give out some questionnaire form to obtain passengers' feedback with regards to their experience with MH and hoped that the passengers on the flights would take some time to voice their opinion and suggestions on how they could improve on their services.

Mid-way through the flight, I asked for one, and after a pretty long wait, I finally was given a copy of it. Filled it out and gave it back to one of the cabin crews. I did asked for an extra copy of it so that I could keep it.

Will have it scanned over the weekend and upload it on MW.

hi,

wanna know what will i get on kch-kul-kch route on MH. planned to fly this routes before CNY, so, hope for hotmeals as loads should be good, so service should be good .

What more surveys are they doing. Are those who decide on inflight meals of a superior species thus don't know what the lesser humans who sit at the back end of the plane think what constitute a decent meal? Does MAS think it is doing pax a great favour by serving something to eat while flying its 'young' fleet of aircraft?

if not mistaken, Kota Kinabalu to Manila still remain served hotmeal. and MH 637 also. <_>

I guess you are referring to KCH-SIN stretch of MH637, not BKI-KCH :lol:

My mother flew on MH2608 from KUL-Labuan 2 months ago(16th.November 2007)the flight actually heading to Kota Kinabalu with a stop at Labuan Airport..

She said..during flight..They still serve hot meal and other stuff.not the snackbox..And at Flydamnit forum,a member name Setoi18 said..he was travelling from KUL-KCH on MH2528 which serve by Airbus330-200 on the 8th.December.2007..

He was given the snackbox during flight...

Sandwiches,A Cupcake and a bottle of water..

So..im a bit confuse too... :pardon:

Anyway,if u want to see the pictures,click the link below:

http://forum.flydamnit.com/index.php?topic=1070.0

-Regards :)

I guess you are referring to KCH-SIN stretch of MH637, not BKI-KCH :lol:

negative. MH637 is BKI-KCH-SIN. and the part i on is BKI-KCH. :)

These snack boxes should only be applicable for flights within the Peninsular Malaysia and KUL - SIN only

If they do dish out the snack boxes on KUL/SIN vv, that could be construed as an improvement over the current offering no ? How to cut cost, where can attain LCC status then ? :)

If they do dish out the snack boxes on KUL/SIN vv, that could be construed as an improvement over the current offering no ? How to cut cost, where can attain LCC status then ? :)

Y not? They are making huge money on the route, the operating cost (fuel cost especially is very little), it won't hurt them financially at all to put the snackbox on KUL-SIN route. They may not even have to lower down the ticket fares and it would be a distinctive product offered by other airlines incl SIA, which may attract people to fly with them (even at a higher cost).

Remember, MAS one way is RM429 compared to SIN RM421, putting MAS selling the highest fares on KUL-SIN route at the moment.

man..this is driving me crazy...completely blur...

news last time said that flight below 4 hours considered as short houl and serve only snack box.

But y now become so annoying that some route serve some not..

anyway Mohd Fuad,

i get hotmeal when returning back to KCH from KUL in 28dec2007 MH2504 A333.

guys, or it is depend on wat bird u flying, like maybe KCH-KUL if 734 then snackbox if 333 then meal??

man..this is driving me crazy...completely blur...

news last time said that flight below 4 hours considered as short houl and serve only snack box.

But y now become so annoying that some route serve some not..

anyway Mohd Fuad,

i get hotmeal when returning back to KCH from KUL in 28dec2007 MH2504 A333.

guys, or it is depend on wat bird u flying, like maybe KCH-KUL if 734 then snackbox if 333 then meal??

How much does the hot meal serve on MH worth?

Believe LSG is charging MH from RM25 to RM45 for a hot meal. For a similar meal at café or cosy restaurant, you will pay about the same amount but the portion is much bigger.

However, for ticket price difference between AK and MH, you can pay for lunch at Lafitte, Prego or Pacifica and with change to spare. Personally, I will take AK, saved the money for a proper lunch elsewhere.

:drinks:

negative. MH637 is BKI-KCH-SIN. and the part i on is BKI-KCH. :)

Oh, that's not fair! I was on MH638 (KCH-BKI) last year and only got a lousy bun! ;)

Oh, that's not fair! I was on MH638 (KCH-BKI) last year and only got a lousy bun! ;)

same. when i onboard 637 also got a bun and a cup of tea or coffee or orange juice only!!!