MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Gavin Andrew David

MalaysianWings Celebrates its Second Anniversary

Happy 2nd Anniversary Mwings!!!! Must have been an eventful day for all!! Congrats.

happy anniversary MW...

huhu..rode to KLIA on saturday...

met you guys..but not much to talk about.. :blink:

well...i'm new here...

Hahahh... very well, Rizal. What's more important is you now belong to the crazier bunch of aviation enthusiasts! Hang around for just a while here in MW, you'll come to know others better.

Azahan, FYI, Rizal is to me as TK is to you! Brothers unite! :drinks:

Edited by ewan shamsudin

"Ada bawak surat kah? Tower complain"

"Mana ada, Tower kata 'No problem'!!!" rofl.gif rofl.gif

Well done Uncle Norman!!!

Hahahaha....well done......so, those two MABs joined ??

Gavin,

Yeap! :rolleyes:

Can anyone brief me what happened with the MAB officers and how Norman shut them off?? I think i left already

So interesting... So much fun... So funny...

May I ask, what is Azahan doing with the gold bars and posing in front of so many lenses... That photo is so funny. :rofl:

And did Tower really asked for the surat? :lol:

Hope there'll be more large scale spotting trips in the future... Too bad gotta miss this one...

nobody would expect this joker turns out to be SQ 777W pilot. if i didnt know him, i would have thought he had come from sungai pelek. hehehaha.

Azahan, that's the joke of the day, hahahahahaaaa.....

Last few interesting bits from me...

As if watching F1...

100_1396.jpg

This guy got problem ke??? - King of wallaper!!!

100_1382.jpg

The Five-Bar-Pilot was cursing when he saw this... a minute later, he apologizes! :rofl: :rofl:

100_14281.jpg

Its Malaysian Wings Birthday!!!

100_14351.jpg

Jerry, i thought you wan burst all the four tyre. :lol: and let them walk back to their very OWN ATC. :rofl:

Walter, yep. they come after you back. when we at wx station. Norman just make a call to ATC tower there, and let them talk. then someone diam-diam go away in their double-cab. :lol:

some poor shot from me.

very first to greet me. when we still at... can't remember anymore. Iggy and Jerry, remember or not? <_ is that on the way to>

dsc5722qx7.jpg

sorry for the quality. as we are in high cruising speed.

when we arrive the spot.

dsc5735ym5.jpg

althought is a 734, but still fresh for me, different livery ma.

Uniform arrive... newest?

dsc5767hf2.jpg

Charlie.

dsc5867pk4.jpg

hope you guys will like it... :)

Edited by Samuel Chy

Samuel mana VisitMalaysia2007?? :lol:

regarding this question ya, we better let it answer by Ian Lim. Iggy, Jerry, also you, agree kah? <_>

This guy got problem ke??? - King of wallaper!!!

100_1382.jpg

Jerry, who is that?????!! !!!! So damn cilaka :rofl: :p

Greetings from Singapore!!! For three of us (Andrew Hunt, Kwek CL and me), the entire trip began on the evening of Friday (22 Jun) when we crossed the Second Link into Malaysia. All went well until we approached the turn-off from the North-South Highway to get to the Holiday Villas Subang. We got lost, confused and even temporarily blinded by a heavy but brief downpour. Thankfully, we finally got to the hotel - thus ensuring that we do not miss a single minute of MalaysianWings' second birthday celebrations.

By 0730hrs on Saturday, we were on Observation Hill - blessed with a glorious sun behind us and lots of beautiful planes in front, we shot just about everything that ventured anywhere near us. And then Chaity came - armed with a huge grin and a warm welcome. The next two days bombarded us with many great photographic moments, aircraft actions, friendships/fellowships and tonnes of goodwill, loads of fun and jokes and of course a brief moment of seriousness when the two MAB chaps came visiting.

I had one solidary wish - to photograph 9M-MRD in good light and hopefully in action. I was amply blessed and got to photograph this B777 - in my personal opinion, one of the most beautiful and classy special livery in existence today - twice. It went off to Narita on Saturday morning in glorious light and I was already happy with that. And it was also one of the last subjects to grace our viewfinders before we set off to Singapore.

MW-9M-MRD-2007-06-23-01Cr-Heliconia.jpg

MW-9M-MRD-2007-06-24-01Cr-Heliconia.jpg

This gathering of aviation enthusiasts and photographers was a wonderful experience for me. I am now able to put quite a few more faces to the names that constantly appear in this forum. Here's a sampling of some of them who helped made the weekend a very special one for all who were present.

Jonathan (who was especially kind in taking care of the three of us) is obviously having a bit of fun with this friendly car park aunty.

MW-FriendlyCarparkAunty-2007-06-23-.jpg

In between checking on cars that were parked at the various locations, this car park aunty also took to photographing aircraft landing at KLIA.

MW-HaloweenWitch-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

Jonathan was mostly photographing the people who turned up to celebrate MWings' second birthday. He is seen here with his own shadow.

MW-Jon-MiniME-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

Every landing on 32L is greeted by a bevy of photographers - in this case, Gavin and LeeCH were on hand to do the honours.

MW-Gavin-LeeCH-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

LeeCH had his own moments for contemplation (under an umbrella) and for seeking out his colleagues (piloting the SIA B777 landing at KLIA).

MW-LeeCH-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg MW-LeeCH-2007-06-23-02Cr.jpg

Others stationed right at the frontline include Meor, LeeCH, Kelvin, Edwin and Ian . . .

MW-MeorLeeCh-Kelvin-Edwin-Ian--Jumb.jpg

again . . . Edwin and Ian . . .

MW-Photog-Edwin-Ian-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

. . . Jerry, Azahan and Kelvin . . .

MW-Photogs-Jerry-Azahan-Kelvin-01Cr.jpg

. . . Samuel and Ian.

MW-Samuel-Ian-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

While we were at the approach to 32L, Walter looked like he was leaving with his dad (Dennis) . . . but returned suddenly. Perhaps he had one last duty . . . to guide the landing AirAsia A320 with his "Follow Me" car.

MW-WaltzingWalter-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

Gavin and Kwek (our friendly car park aunty) in action . . .

MW-Photog-Gavin-Kwek-2007-06-23-01C.jpg

Sneeze's effort to ensure he gets his subject is nothing to sniff or cough at . . . every foot counts and he is seen here firmly planted among the shrub on Obs Hill.

MW-Photog-Sneeze-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

And what a glorious sunset at the end of the day on Saturday . . . Kwek, Gavin and Denny were kings of their own little hills.

MW-Photog-Kwek-Gavin-Denny-2007-06-.jpg

Happy Birthday MalaysianWings . . . and thanks to everyone who helped make this a most enjoyable and memorable visit for us.

KC Sim

Kc..its indeed a great honor and fun having u guys to join us whether its at singapore or at KL :) i wonder how much that car park aunty earn tat day haha :) kwek..shiok boh!?

Samuel, that was a SHOT lah... i mean the saudi 743. U were the only one who caught it from our angle. Superb...too bad, i was the "captain"!!! Eh, wat do u mean the Visit Malaysia 2007?? I dont get it... I push it to Ian & Iggy la....hahahahaha!!! :lol:

Iggy, u wallaper!!! Wallap so many caps ah?? Jaga u!! Next time wallap the pilot cap also la....hahahaha!! :rofl:

KC, wonderful shots indeed. Really its a pleasure that u came all the way from Spore to join us. :drinks: I love the sunset shot! Kwek looks like cowboy!

Hey Walter, never knew ur kancil got FOLLOW ME sign! U wallap something also kah?? Who sponsor the signboard, Digi ka??? hahahaha!!!

Edited by Jerry Ang

okie dokie! Post more pictures please, saw Sneeze and Yong i think just now at Sg Wang

Yes, that was me and Yong.

Hey, guy, your Dad is really good to you.

So make full use of your new equipments and enjoy the time later with those jokers.

My photos? Hey, let me take all my things settle first, ok? :drinks:

Anyway, I would also like to take this chance to thanks you guys again and with special thanks to Kev Teh for the 2 days entertaining me, and to be my Driver/ Umbrella guy. Yong for the delicious hawker food and the "Malay milk tea".

I have brought a "Visit Malaysia Year 2007" Metal Stamp with me, it is now wearing on my Lowepro as a kind of thing to keep my good time in KUL with you guys during the 2007.

Hi Guys,

It was a pleasure and an honour that I could join you for your 2nd Anniversary. Great great fun!

We were determined to have a great weekend in KUL and I think I am not too forward in saying that everything surpassed our expectations; friendship, hospitality, warmth (both personal and climate!) sunlight, subjects etc etc. It was a weekend that will live forever in my memory as one of my best photography trips ever. A few highlights to share:

The first day (23/06/07)

Jonathan.....you were chasing this one right....the 737...didn't realise that it was"sans" titles until I got home!? Thought I would put a different spin on it!

9mqp_230607_kul_ttr.jpg

Everyone got excited at this gem...and no fence is going to ruin my enjoyment of this beauty!

hzaiv_kul.jpg

Photographers everywhere!

spotters.jpg

Photographers photographing photographers photographing photographers who was probably photographing..........!

kcjon.jpg

Darn.....still no sign of 9M-MQP

concentration.jpg

The second day (24/06/07)

Air Asia is to this photographer.....AMAZING!

amazing.jpg

Lunchtime we went for some different angles. After this beauty went past......we also got free aircon with the amount of wind kicked up!!

9mmpj_rear.jpg

Last but not least, with all of the heat....it was not just the photographers who were smoking, nor the cameras from such heavy usage, but this MASkargo B742F which gave me one of the hardest landings I've ever seen! Smoke bomb!

tfatx_kul_240607_ltf2800.jpg

Once again guys.....thanks for the memories, they are vivid and will live long in my heart!

Andrew

Sneeze's effort to ensure he gets his subject is nothing to sniff or cough at . . . every foot counts and he is seen here firmly planted among the shrub on Obs Hill.

MW-Photog-Sneeze-2007-06-23-01Cr.jpg

This is really interesting :rofl:

Yes, I wanna have my root goes deep into the land and not wanna back to the spotter unfriendly HKG.

P.S.: KC as well as other guys who have any photos that shotted me(even just a partly of my body) into the photo(s), please do kindly send them back to me in original file?

email: sneezelam@hotmail.com or sneezelam@yahoo.com.hk . Thanks so much.

It was truly a spectacular and fun day of spotting followed by dinner ...

Seen here , some are busy clicking while some are talking about other things ... You need not two guesses to figure out what :pardon:

danke.jpg

Andrew looks too tired to continue anymore while KC is still going strong while the boys from the east are just enjoying the scenery ..

aneast.jpg

Jonathan , everytime you point your lens at someone , think bout how many pointing back at you :)

jksc.jpg

We're all just bummed out tired but Sneeze just keeps going and going

tired.jpg

Petrol : $20

Toll : $10

Great day of spotting , Priceless

fullswing.jpg

Kwek clicking clicking clicking

kwek.jpg

Weather station turns into a combat zone......

combatar2.jpg

Happy Birthday!!! :drinks:

familybirthdayjo3.jpg

We're all just bummed out tired but Sneeze just keeps going and going

tired.jpg

Gavin, hehehe, just not know when will be my next time to be in KUL, so I should have to fully use my energy on spotting. :yahoo: :rolleyes: :sorry:

What a wonderful gathering of the stars! :drinks:

not to forget a big thanks to uncle Norman for scaring away the 'bad guys' :rofl:

Nick... they're not 'bad guys'... they were just carrying out their "works".. :pardon:

sometimes they gone overboard... So we talked to them when they fumbled

like when they said "Tower complained..."... I know already they're BS..

Luckily I have the tower landline no. in my hp.... :lol:

Ok... Emperor called regarding my pix...

since I joined late that day... not many.

here some of them...

This guy requested Charlie Two exit, got it, and immediately landed far and fast...

'blink-blink'

9MMML_23Jun07KUL_1mw.jpg

Cant remember this one... Malaysian One from LHR??

9MMPQ_23Jun07KUL_1mw.jpg

but what I captured...

The Captain (Team A) saw us...

pilot1.jpg

and told Team B's Captain... who looked surprised at the large number of cannons pointing at them..

pilot2.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :yahoo: :yahoo:

--

Samuel, that was a SHOT lah... i mean the saudi 743. U were the only one who caught it from our angle. Superb...too bad, i was the "captain"!!! Eh, wat do u mean the Visit Malaysia 2007?? I dont get it... I push it to Ian & Iggy la....hahahahaha!!! :lol:

you forgotted what happened when we lining up the runway 32L to MTB? all of us aren't screaming on it? :lol: