MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

Etihad Inaugral

Mahathir , where your photo's bro ?

Sorry boss m so lazy to upload the photos...anyway enjoy my first shot of A340.

Gavin,

I called Mahathir yesterday, currently he's busy at home with his cat.... hehehehe.... :p

-cheers-

*Mahathir jangan marah aaa...*

Meor where got kucing only pussy ma... :rofl:

20070116_8036.jpg

20070116_8222.jpg

Hi Fairul,

Out of curiosity, what is your occupation at the airport? Mind sharing?

hmm..i'm involve for the Airbus 380 upgrade for KLIA...

hmm..i'm involve for the Airbus 380 upgrade for KLIA...

I see. How many gates at KLIA would be A380 ready?

Now that Emirates, Qatar, Saudi, Kuwait, Gulf Air, Iran, and Ethihad are already flying into KUL, who's next from the Middle East?

I see. How many gates at KLIA would be A380 ready?

Now that Emirates, Qatar, Saudi, Kuwait, Gulf Air, Iran, and Ethihad are already flying into KUL, who's next from the Middle East?

Oman Air.Don't forget Yemenia too.

Sim,It's Etihad,not Ethihad.

Excellent Coverage of Etihad Guys..

Great Shots from All of you and i am sure it was great fun..

thanks for sharing.

hmmm,i'm planning to go home this july from CAI to KUL via AUH with ETIHAD airlines.

cannot wait.

Wow, would love to see the TR for this route :yahoo:

When I flew KUL-AUH on the 16th February the aircraft was virtually full. So maybe Etihad have got a good money earning route already. I flew in business class and all seats were taken - great service and the 340 is real nice to fly in. Flying time was 8 hours 10 minutes.

G

When I flew KUL-AUH on the 16th February the aircraft was virtually full. So maybe Etihad have got a good money earning route already. I flew in business class and all seats were taken - great service and the 340 is real nice to fly in. Flying time was 8 hours 10 minutes.

G

Fantastic!! Hope they can make it a daily flight soon...and maybe a second daily? *fingers crossed*

Etihad is downgrading the AUH-KUL flight to A330 in March temporarily before upgrading it to 777 in April or June.

Fantastic!! Hope they can make it a daily flight soon...and maybe a second daily? *fingers crossed*

Etihad is downgrading the AUH-KUL flight to A330 in March temporarily before upgrading it to 777 in April or June.

Can't wait!!!! booked on flight in August. Will be on 777W instead of the A340-300 that I was originally booked on. Hurrah!!!

There's gonna be a night flight on the next schedule, meaning extended work for me <_>

Well, if that A330 is one ordered by EY, then the cabin will be very much an upgrade, instead of the old SQ layout of the A340.

Can someone explains what are the differences between 77W and 773 (Etihad/Emirates)? I'm guessing that they are of the same model, but slightly different in here and there.. Besides, I've notice about the 744 and 74E (combi) in KLM Boeing 747-400 series. Is there any difference in the flight entertainment? seat allocation?

Sorry for hijacking the topic, but can't resist the curiousity.. :sorry: :sorry:

Edited by Mohamad Othman

Mohamad Othman,

a 773 is a standare 777-300, a 77W is a 777-300ER. It has been given a new code because of its increased wingspan (ie addition of raked wingtips)

here's a few of the more obscure a/c codes to help decipher the difference...

73G - 737-700

73W - 737-700 winglets

738 - 737-800

73H - 737-800 winglets

74F - 747-200 Freighter

74Y - 747-400 Freighter

74M - 747 Combi

772 - 777-200 (and 200ER)

77L - 777-200LR

773 - 777-300

77W - 777-300ER

...just to name a few!

suprise suprise...look what Etihad sent to KUL today...the mighty B777-300ER......but on Saturday? i thought no Etihad on Saturday...my friend took the photo while im driving the car..so excuse the quality yeah...

DSCN2007.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

DSCN2036.jpg

SUPER CATCH FAIRUL!

KUL really been receiving some exciting types from its customers! here's to continued success of Etihad @KUL. :drinks:

Wow, super catch Fairul! Awesome beast from East! Talk about surprise, look at the back, fruity CI too! both in a shot!!!!! :drinks:

Was on Obs Hill for the First time today... got Hibby.. Amazing.. Visit Malaysia.. Ak 50th... CI Fruit.. Etihad,Emirates 773.. Wahhh i am so happy.. no body there... spotting alone.. climbing that hill with my Kapchai.. Wahhh so Happy~!!!! ^_^

Was on Obs Hill for the First time today... got Hibby.. Amazing.. Visit Malaysia.. Ak 50th... CI Fruit.. Etihad,Emirates 773.. Wahhh i am so happy.. no body there... spotting alone.. climbing that hill with my Kapchai.. Wahhh so Happy~!!!! ^_^

And yet our member still catch the 77W of Etihad, Ibrahim, mana picture? :pardon:

And yet our member still catch the 77W of Etihad, Ibrahim, mana picture? :pardon:

No Camera~!!! <_>