MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

the two SQ triples picture is beautiful! lucky you kc!!

yup saw dugong A airborne at 1600 when i reached the sepang toll plaza. but weather at klia horrible!

KC,

The new AI colours are, indeed, stunning !!!

Enjoyed all of your shots, again: thanks a lot for sharing :drinks:

I hope to be as successful as you, with all these airlines when visiting Changi in June, but hope for 20-landings (from the beach)... :pardon:

Cannot help but miss the Asia's World City livery on B-HOY . . . still think this livery looks better on a B744 than on the B773ER.

9V-SKC was indeed making a few runs to KLIA on 30 March. It returned at around 1715hrs and landed on runway 02C in brilliant light. Shortly thereafter, it departed again at 1723hrs and I had to admit that by the time it return again from KLIA, the sun might not be shining that brilliantly. Surprisingly, it returned at 1800hrs and landed on runway 02L. I am now happy to have a decent landing shot of my namesake.

mw-9V-SKC-2008-03-30-06Cr-APP.jpg

Nothing special but shot in interesting light is this B772 in SIA's updated livery with its own bling - bling.

mw-9V-SQH-2008-03-30-02Cr-APP-Bling.jpg

KC Sim

KC,

Anything on SQC from yesterday spotting session (30/03/2008) on 02L? Appreciate a copy if you do have one. Thanks.

Anything on SQC from yesterday spotting session (30/03/2008) on 02L? Appreciate a copy if you do have one. Thanks.

As requested, a shot of 9V-SFQ.

mw-9V-SFQ-2008-03-30-02Cr-oc-APP.jpg

KC Sim

On 2 April, I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the former Air Canada A343 (it was wearing the Star Alliance livery when it arrived in SIN some months ago) resplendent in the beautiful livery of Iberia. After a test flight of less than an hour, it dashed back to Changi Airport . . . making it just before the brilliant sun went behind a huge storm cloud.

mw-C-FYLD-2008-04-02-01Cr-Iberia-AP.jpg

KC Sim

It is actually quite interesting waiting to photograph AirAsia's flights from KUL . . . because you never know what you get until it appears before you. Seeing this on approach, I thought it was yet another regular . . . until I saw the wheelchair symbol on the engine. So . . . Now (really) everyone can fly.

mw-9M-AHH-2008-04-05-03Br-Wheelchai.jpg

Air India does not disappoint . . . with a delayed A330-200 flight today.

mw-VT-IWA-2008-04-05-01Br-APS.jpg

Shanghai Airlines Cargo B757-200F are daily visitors . . . but it is nice to get them on approach to 02C instead, thanks to the single runway operation every first Saturday of the month.

mw-B-2809-2008-04-05-01Cr-APS.jpg

The paintwork on this Fedex MD-11F (N585FE) is looking really tired . . . and so is the take-off. While all previous Fedex MD-11Fs I have seen are really airborne where I stand, this one goes way past me before reluctantly lifting its nose.

mw-N585FE-2008-04-05-01Cr-SINtwr-RO.jpg

KC Sim

Wheel chair can be pust in the aircraft or disable peoples have the priority?

I gather wheelchair passengers may be accepted only if they can ascend the stairs and walk to their seat. For priority boarding, I guess they will have to pay for it. Interestingly, I can find nothing on the AirAsia website explaining this wheelchair emblem . . .

Can anyone help me with the background to this issue - I believe there was a case of a wheelchair being denied boarding and AirAsia subsequently came out to confirm that this category of passengers is accepted if they fulfill certain criteria.

KC Sim

TNT Arways (3V) inaugural flight from Liege to Singapore landed at Changi Airport today at 1001hrs and OO-THB had the honour of operating this inaugural. The aircraft will depart SIN late in the night as 3V-002 to Shanghai-Pudong before carrying on back to Liege.

This flight will henceforth operate three times weekly and arrive in SIN at 1025hrs every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Regrettably, it landed on 20C today while poor me was waiting at 20R. So much for segregated parallel runway operation . . . This is one good-looking machine indeed and I hope that someone captures it on camera soon.

KC Sim

QANTAS B743 VH-EBX now operates QF72 to Perth daily till 10 May as some of the usual A333s are in for checks. With such gorgeous old school Rolls Royce RB211 engines gleaming away in the morning sun, who can resist attempting an Azahan-style nose shot? :)

VH-EBX_nose_MW.jpg

-Many thanks to Liam for the info on this temporary schedule change!

Awesome pic, Hoejyh! And no worries...something diff to shoot while the A333's are in Manila.

Gives us in Perth some diff equip on the one of the old 743 skeds here, including 744's each Thursday!

TK, 743's are daily. Depart SIN 0905 each morning as "Qantas 72" returning just shy of 12hrs later from PER as "Qantas 71"

Heres few more recently processed from the WSSS batch,

KLM Triple are ranked high in my favourite planes to spot/photograph.

IMG_0418.jpg

Yet another fav of mine... AIX

IMG_4820.jpg

BG 310 having set the flaps is just bout to roll for active Rwy. KL Triple looking nice in distance.

IMG_4782.jpg

AI showing its presence at Singapore with the big lines that frequent the field.

IMG_4364a.jpg

Busy night ramp... at one point no gate was empty!

IMG_4406.jpg

After a late evening shower,

IMG_4019.jpg

Cheers,

Raj

Wow, Fantastic night Shots there Raj C..

Excellent!..Thank for sharing

how did you guys manage to shoot so nice?? i tried a few times in SIN , but failed to get a good spot and usually got reflection on the glass.

Wow, some excellent night-shots there, Raj, as well as nice nose(bleeding)shot of Bravo-Quebec-Lima !!! :drinks:

Thanks a lot for sharing... :good: