MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Raymond, didn't know you were still in SIN last week. Good night shots again. :clapping:

I was in SIN as well on Fri 2nd May. This time, managed to cover all 3 terminals and took some terminal shots.

For a change, no plane photos. :rolleyes:

Terminal 2 entrance overviewing the control tower. After taking this shot, I was "invited" to go back into the terminal. Standing by this side of the kerb is not allowed. <_>

T2dw.jpg

Quiet weekday

T2aw.jpg

Departure Hall

T2ew.jpg

Chaity...holiday??

Raymond work in SIN or spotting visit...

TK, just a short trip for me to accompany my mom to visit my sis in SIN.

Of course, sneeked out to SIN airport and snap, snap, snap. :pardon:

SIN Tower view from the moving Skytrain. Tinted window provided some nice filter for my camera. :rolleyes:

SINtwrw.jpg

The aged but graceful departure hall of Terminal 1. Wonder which airline would want to take Adam Air's sign spot.

T1aw.jpg

Not much traffic from the viewing gallery except for 1 Kari Express & this AI A330. :clapping:

The rest of the gates, Empty. <_>

VTIWAsw.jpg

Terminal 2 entrance overviewing the control tower. After taking this shot, I was "invited" to go back into the terminal. Standing by this side of the kerb is not allowed. <_>

hahaha Chaity... welcome to Singapore :rofl: :rofl:

hahaha Chaity... welcome to Singapore :rofl: :rofl:

Ya I know, Ah Kong. That wasn't my only No! No! from the friendly officers there. :pardon:

2nd May '08, my fav B737 with the smooth winglets :yahoo:

Kari Express

VTAXQ3w.jpg

Garuda B738 different from the normal one :clapping:

PKGEE2w.jpg

Best one for me should be this one :clapping: :pardon:

PKLFG2w.jpg

Chaity,

Nice variety of B738's there.

Thanks for sharing!

SIA's leased-in B744 9V-SPR has finally been withdrawn from service on the SIN-AKL-SIN route and is now devoid of tail logo and fuselage markings. Only the winglets tell of its brief service with SIA. It went out on a test flight (or perhaps an acceptance flight by its original owner) carrying the flight number SQ788.

mw-9V-SPR.jpg

Looking back, I am just so pleased that the best shots all of us have got of her were taken on 1 May 2008 when she returned from AKL in blazing glorious warm golden light.

KC Sim

SIA's leased-in B744 9V-SPR has finally been withdrawn from service on the SIN-AKL-SIN route and is now devoid of tail logo and fuselage markings. Only the winglets tell of its brief service with SIA. It went out on a test flight (or perhaps an acceptance flight by its original owner) carrying the flight number SQ788.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/avi...n/mw-9V-SPR.jpg

Looking back, I am just so pleased that the best shots all of us have got of her were taken on 1 May 2008 when she returned from AKL in blazing glorious warm golden light.

KC Sim

Great shot. When was SPR's last rev flt?

Did you manage to catch SQ3451?

Great shot. When was SPR's last rev flt?

Did you manage to catch SQ3451?

According to SQ online schedule, the last revenue flight should be operated on 10 May 2008, SQ286 from AKL. After which, this flight has been replaced by a 77W. I would remember SPR is one of the very few aircraft here that has worn a special livery for all its while (in SQ service), as well as being extremely committed to a single destination and flight pairs!

SQ285 (and subsequently SQ286 following day)

8th: 9V-SPR

9th: 9V-SPE

10th: 9V-SPL (water cannon salute on departure)

11th: 9V-SWO (water cannon salute on arrival)

On the afternoon I photographed 9V-SPR coming back from its test flight (12 May 2008), I also photographed all the SIA Star Alliance aircraft within a 3.5 hour period. It is the first time I have got 9V-SPR, 9V-SRE, 9V-SYE and then 9V-SPP within the same day.

Does anyone know the fate of 9V-SPR - does it still belong to MH or has MH sold it already?

KC Sim

KC,

It should be going to TLV to join it's sisters MPC, MPE and MPG and undergo the B744BDSF conversion.

One of these has just been delivered to World Airways as N740WA and the other is currently VT-AIS with AI.

I think -SPR is also heading to the USA with World Airways.

Many thanks for the information.

Many of us here have chased 9V-SPR . . . thankfully in the southern Summer season, it tended to arrive ahead of sunset in Singapore. As such, we did manage to get some decent shots of it in recent months. Some of us will surely remember 1 May 2008 when we caught it arriving in absolutely the most beautiful light.

KC Sim

RMAF's movements have always been a joy to see . . . it used to be the F28, then the Global Express, and lately the very handsome BBJ. This came in again on 13 May.

mw-M53-01-2008-05-13-01Cr-APS.jpg

This morning (15 May), we have an Antonov 12 which used the MEM flightcode. It is currently running between Singapore and Yangon - supporting mercy relief work in the aftermath of the cyclone in Myanmar.

mw-UR-CGW-2008-05-15-01Cr-APP.jpg

KC Sim

Great evening light today. It was golden in fact. Decided to try something new. Really wanted to share EXIF but do not know how. Somehow after processed in Photoshop and saving it under 'Save for Web and Devices', the data all gone. Someone care to teach me?

Camera: Nikon, Aeroplane: Boeing 747; Airline: Saudi Arabian; Exposure: Aperture Priority; F 8.0; ISO: 400 Shutter Speed 1/1000; D-Lighting: Normal; Focal Length: 550mm; Metering: Matrix.

mw01di5.jpg

Noise under shadows??..... Zero....hehe....More to come later tonight.

Great evening light today. It was golden in fact. Decided to try something new. Really wanted to share EXIF but do not know how. Somehow after processed in Photoshop and saving it under 'Save for Web and Devices', the data all gone. Someone care to teach me?

Camera: Nikon, Aeroplane: Boeing 747; Airline: Saudi Arabian; Exposure: Aperture Priority; F 8.0; ISO: 400 Shutter Speed 1/1000; D-Lighting: Normal; Focal Length: 550mm; Metering: Matrix.

Noise under shadows??..... Zero....hehe....More to come later tonight.

Save for web removes all EXIF data. Use normal save as if you want to retain the EXIF data.

Edited by Nick C

Great pic of the Saudi!! OMG 550mm??

LeeCH, try use the normal SAVE AS instead of SAVE TO WEB AND DEVICES.

EDIT: AiyakK!!! Nick beat me to it ^_^ ^_^

Edited by Walter Sim

Thanks guys. MW brothers always a helpful lot. Seems my color is a little off on the Saudi. Sorry folks. Not up to the usual high standards here. Will improve on it. Cheers!

OK. Here is the improved version. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Still getting to grips with photo editing using iMac.

mw02xz7.jpg

Edited by LeeCH