MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Singapore is a great city and heres one way to spend evenings, spotting! Some of the quick edits....

Changi is busiest after 18:00, ... here a Jet Stars 320 holds position as yet another QF flight is starting engines and vacates the taxiways.

wsssnight3.jpg

I spent 3 nights at Changi spotting and she showed up same time same gate... :D

wsssnight6.jpg

This is one of my fav... as I was able to get only single exposure before Thai Triple just powered out of the ramp area.

wsssnight1.jpg

Thai sends just bout everything to Changi... A300, A330, B772, B773 & B744.

wsssnight5.jpg

EK's second flight of the day...

wsssnight2.jpg

As I was packing my camera bag... Beijing 2008 shows up :p .... needless to say everything was unpacked in a record time.

wsssnight4.jpg

More to continue....

Edited by Raj Changela

RajC, you sure get a lot of nice night shots in SIN. :clapping:

It seems a lot of special planes are attracted by you. :pardon:

RajC, you sure get a lot of nice night shots in SIN. :clapping:

It seems a lot of special planes are attracted by you. :pardon:

Chaity, you also could get those shots if you brought your tiga-kaki for your 30D :lol:

Lovely night shots there RajC... planetastic to be more accurate :clapping:

Chaity, you also could get those shots if you brought your tiga-kaki for your 30D :lol:

Lovely night shots there RajC... planetastic to be more accurate :clapping:

Iggy, I brought my 2-kaki & 2-tangan there but still not match to 3-kaki <_>

I will share some of my shots in SIN when I sit down to touch up my shots during weekend.

Excellent shots Raj C. Reminds me of my recent trip to the island Republic, the "as seen" from the free internet lounge (below 1 world lounge).

Edited by S V Choong

After meeting a friend at the terminal and the sun was shining in the late afternoon, I decided to go out to Changi Beach. The winds have switched around suddenly and runway 20 was in use.

Arriving at the beach, the weather was still great and I got 9V-SKB returning from KUL on its training sortie. My target this afternoon was to be ANA's B763ER, hoping always that the Panda would be deployed again.

With little warning, a creeping blackness loomed over the skies in Johore and within minutes, it was threatening to swarm all over Changi Airport too. My hopes seemed dashed but having just arrived, I was not ready to pack up and go home. I then decided to walk to the opposite side of the flightpath facing the storm instead and got these views instead. The colour of the sky and water seem to change from one shot to another . . . even without the plane, the entire scene was quite awesome. Photographed three planes and then decided that I should run ahead of the storm and head home.

mw2-StormyArrival-2008-02-28-02Cr-A.jpg

mw2-StormyArrival-2008-02-28-03Cr-S.jpg

mw2-StormyArrival-2008-02-28-04Cr-S.jpg

KC Sim

Edited by KC Sim

Awesome stuff, Raj! Was awesome to meet you last week! Fantastic shots there mate! That Jetstar birds looks like its VH-JQH the "Aussie" bird from Cairns and Darwin. A321 VT-PPB was the same one I caught last saturday night.

If you look up the back at SIAEC on the TG triple pic you can see IB's latest acquisition, former AC A343 to cover the gap while their A346 is repaired in Quito.

Sorry KC, I decided i'd bring the sun back home with me! Fantastic pics though!

Hi Liam,

when you are finished with the sun, please send it back to us. We need it for the A380's inaugural flight to London on 18 March and for its return on 19 March.

KC Sim

Hi Liam,

when you are finished with the sun, please send it back to us. We need it for the A380's inaugural flight to London on 18 March and for its return on 19 March.

KC Sim

KC, a side track question here, that I would like to know the STA, and STD of the A380 LHR flt for both SIN and LHR.

Thanks.

SQ to LHR will arrive around 3 PM London time in UK. So departing SIN around 10.00 AM Singapore time.

Thanks Cornelis, I hope I can have it nailed during my LHR visit in May.

Raj,

Very nice night shots. I was hoping to get the Air India A321 too but she parked at gate D4x, so no chance for me. Anyway, here are some of mine.

DSC_4160_G-YMMH_mw.jpg

BA B772 with Indian Airlines A300 and KLM B772 at the remote stand. One plane can be seen taking off from runway 02L.

DSC_4179_JA606A_mw.jpg

ANA's Panda

Fuuuhhh~!!! Night Also SPotting.. HARDCORE NGUYEN~!!! :good::good:

What airline is that beside the flying panda?

Itu ialah Jet Airways A330 from CurryLand :lol:

Spotting on 22nd Feb '08 near Changi Business Centre with other members.

In SIN can see a lot of SQ, this is A345 :rofl:

9VSGCw.jpg

Some cargo planes we don't get to see in KUL :rolleyes:

9VJEBw.jpg

B2170w.jpg

Panda coming in the evening but someone decided to turn off the light :angry:

JA606w.jpg

It was fun to spot in new locations and see different kind of traffic. :yahoo: