MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Good catch LeeCH... :clapping:

What parcel are you hoping for the Air HongKong to bring, LeeCH?...

D3 kaa?... :diablo:

but I heard D200 shutter lasts very longgggg oneeeee..... :rofl:

Saturday, 26th January 2008. Yet another great and lovely morning where I could have just sleep through it. But I have to time my body clock early to adjust for my flight to EGCC tonight. So off I went to Changi Airport again. And here is a share of a rather quiet Saturday morning.

Quiet it might be but this is the catch of the day. Leaving just before 0000Z. Very nice grizzling sound from very far whilst it taxi on the parallel. I was searching high and low initially no thanks to its dark blue camoflouge. Very very nice looking AN-12 belonging to the 'Pinoys'. Thanks for dropping by.

mw10qy0.jpg

An the usual stuff. Getting bored by the sight and number of Silkair departing on 02C. Very soon I will start boycotting taking these pictures.

mw20jl2.jpg

Thanks and no thanks to the new Terminal 3, the number of departures out of 02C has been reduced drastically. And very oftenly we see landings on this runway now. Here is an example of Yankee Delta with the speedbrakes and flaps all hanging out. New livery scheme just applied.

mw30bn1.jpg

And if you see a SIA departure on this runway, you can bet your money it comes from Terminal 2 and headed somewhere not too far away. SQ 192 departing for Penang. Old livery. Have not seen any Victor series in new colors yet.

mw40to1.jpg

I am still waiting for JA606A. Miss by 5 digits today. I reckon if that day happens, I will be watching it from inside the cockpit or it will depart 02L. And I have to make do with this normal stuff as usual.

mw50af9.jpg

This one is dedicated to all the MH boys in this forum. Radzi, Nik H., TK, Khaled, Lim Lim and Dante. I also have not seen any MH A333/A332 in Singapore for a long long time already.

mw60ki3.jpg

Next come the Indian invasions. This is the colorless and boring Indian. Two examples this morning. I share one lah. The second one is just the same but a different rego only. Only interesting point is the main landing gear. Comes with four wheels instead of two each. Airbus special order.

mw70kq2.jpg

And now the colorful Indian landing on 02C. With a pretty Indian girl dancing behind and blended wings. What a view!. Dedicated to our India based MW member, Vivek. Hope to meet him in BOM Obs Hill someday.

mw80ic9.jpg

Talk about early rotation. This one beats all. The mother of all rotations. Caught me by surprise totally to see it so high up in such short time. Eeeeee.......this baby is very regular in Singapore. Note I am standing at the same point as with previous pictures above. Leaper!!

mw90bq0.jpg

That's about it from LeeCH this weekend in Singapore. Of course there are the other usual SQ 777's, Jetstar A320's and heaps of Silkair. I shall not bore you guys with those. No sight of any cargo movements too and both Qantas and TG(Old livery) departed on the wrong runway. Hopefully good weather will come again next weekend and I will see what surprises will be in store. Till then, keep Singapore clean and 'fine'. Cheers!

Thanks a lot LeeCH !!! :drinks:

Three-Four-One-Five-Six did it for me: just stunning !!! :yahoo:

Sharing some low light photos taken recently:-

HS-PGS 'Samui' replacing the older B717 'Samui' on the daily run from Koh Samui. A pity the older Samui is already in storage in the USA.

HS-PGS_MW.jpg

Another perspective of Yayani Dreaming, or affectionately known as Vomit Comet by our mates down under :)

VH-VXB_MW.jpg

Thought I might just spice up the topic a little with some pics from the past 3 days of spotting.

6 Feb 2008 - CNY Eve

9V-SKA A380-800 Singapore Airlines

9vska-6feb.jpg

9V-SPR B747-4H6 Singapore Airlines "Star Alliance"

9vspr-6feb.jpg

B-LDF A300-605R Air Hong Kong

bldf-6feb.jpg

7 Feb 2008 - CNY Day 1

9V-SFK B747-412F Singapore Airlines Cargo

9vsfk-7feb.jpg

B-2174 MD11F China Eastern Cargo

b2174-7feb.jpg

VT-JWF A330-202 Jet Airways

vtjgf-7feb.jpg

8 Feb 2008 - CNY Day 2

9V-JEB B747-200 Jett Airways

9vjeb-8feb.jpg

B-KPA B777-367ER Cathay Pacific

bkpa-8feb.jpg

PK-GGC B737-500 Garuda Indonesia

pkggc-8feb.jpg

Edited by tsentsan

AN-12 RDPL = i think from Laos...

Republique Democratique Populaire de Laos :pardon:

Sharing some low light photos taken recently:-

HS-PGS 'Samui' replacing the older B717 'Samui' on the daily run from Koh Samui. A pity the older Samui is already in storage in the USA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/dol...s/HS-PGS_MW.jpg

Another perspective of Yayani Dreaming, or affectionately known as Vomit Comet by our mates down under :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/dol...s/VH-VXB_MW.jpg

Very nice livery :clapping:

i understand the feeling....eeeiiyyeee...

Yeah... me too... I fully understand the feeling TTT... :pardon:

I did mention sometimes ago.... your best panning shot will have

the light pole in the middle...

and here you caught 2 dugongs with "no entry" signpost... ahh well... :pardon:

Rare Mirror Dugong, even rarer to not have lampost but a stop sign post instead!! :lol: Aiyayaya... stop sign however are much much easier to be pulled off the ground than lamp post... go figure whats best to do with it Tsenstan!!! :spiteful:

Thanks, nt too keen to spend so much time editing it... my PS skills arent that great...

Anyhow, here's the dept shot.

9vska-14feb.jpg

Edited by tsentsan

I am praying next Friday onwards has promising weather... fingers crossed <_>

Can we have it from next tuesday onwards i.s.o. friday :p

Yes forgotten.... I'll just have to pray that next week onwards, begining Monday, it'll be a pleasant weather for the sake of many of us Aviation fan.. let's all do this in our prayers okay guys??? :clapping: