MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

The Beginning of The End

It is the end of the road for malaysia Airlines Fokker 50.

IPB Image

The transformation to FAX has begun.

i doubt FAX will fully repaint the whole Fokker, or they will just scrap off MH logo and name.... then stick on their Fly Asian Express wording and a logo at the tail?

Nice BKI night-shot of Gulf Echo, captain; that 'they' may grace the Borneo skies for a long time to come :clapping: :yahoo:

thanks for sharing... :) but too bad, i'm not manage to complete my Fokker collection. :( but nevermind, at least we can hav new target now, complete the FAX. :) :lol: :p

What are the chances of FAX operating flights to Kerteh, Redang, Tioman and Pangkor? AK really should break Berjaya monopoly on the island routes. At RM500 rtn, the fares are pretty outrageous! <_<

Edited by Keno Omar

i doubt FAX will fully repaint the whole Fokker, or they will just scrap off MH logo and name.... then stick on their Fly Asian Express wording and a logo at the tail?

hmmm....MH c/s with FAX logo...interesting :rolleyes:

anyone saw the ads on the papers?

theres a picture of FAX F50. Its all white slapped with a big FAX over the fuselage.

then a small quote 'Bringing democracy to travel'

something like that.

I saw a similar fate happening to the twin otter in kch, when one took off with out the WAU.. :blink: The tail I believe is going to be red in colour... seems like a really plain livery.. i mean REALLY PLAIN :D , nevertheless.. good to spot for haha :good:

What are the chances of FAX operating flights to Kerteh, Redang, Tioman and Pangkor? AK really should break Berjaya monopoly on the island routes. At RM500 rtn, the fares are pretty outrageous! <_>

I recall reading an article of an interview with TF. He did mention about flying to Kerteh and smaller airfields which were once served by MH.

Where are the F50's And Twin otters going to go for them to be Painted in the FAX Livery??

Is it going to be done in Subang or In KK or Kuching..

Thanks for the photo,Capt.Radzi.The Fokkers will grace to the skies of Borneo Islands!

"Bringing democracy to Travel'? Haha, is that targeted at MAS?

Anyone got a pic of the finished product? :p

I beleive that many words used by AK is targeted at MAS. For example recently I received an email from AK, title "Fares Beyond Expectations" :pardon:

Anyway, anyone know what is the progress of the transformation now?

Edited by Chan CS

Where are the F50's And Twin otters going to go for them to be Painted in the FAX Livery??

Is it going to be done in Subang or In KK or Kuching..

i believe its being done in Subang. Check out my pix...sorry for low quality as taken from my cameraphone. They even erased Malaysia Airlines on the body. (not shown in my pix..sorry :p )IPB Image

I beleive that many words used by AK is targeted at MAS. For example recently I received an email from AK, title "Fares Beyond Expectations" :pardon:

Anyway, anyone know what is the progress of the transformation now?

Yes - I noticed too, they had full page ads on these cheap fares with the headline Fares Beyond Expectations. Looks like AK is taking some serious stabbings on board! =@ =@ =@ =@ =@

i believe its being done in Subang. Check out my pix...sorry for low quality as taken from my cameraphone. They even erased Malaysia Airlines on the body. (not shown in my pix..sorry :p )IPB Image

IC, Thanks PC Yuen..

Anymore Pics..

Chee Yuen, what's the rego for this F50??

Looks like they just did it the way exactly like OK-TvC. 3/4 erased MH wau and white that doesn't match the white background.

Edited by Adrian M

Today (pause)

Is the last day of F50s operated by MH.

They'll be sorely missed. (silent)

----------------

Anyway for did you guys saw the livery for FAX?

IPB Image

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...4106&sec=nation

Edited by Adrian M

Adrian,

Thanks for the link :good:

Just a red tail and nothing else ? :angry:

I believe it will be a lot more quiet in BKI as from 01/08, with greatly reduced frequencies/flights :(

Anyway for did you guys saw the livery for FAX?

IPB Image

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...4106&sec=nation

So it really is "Bringing Democracy To Travel" heh ?

Well FAX being the monopoly for Rural Air Services there won't be much of a democracy isn't it ? You won't have a choice besides them.

Edited by Sing Yew

AirAsia Bhd Thursday received the air services license from the Transport Ministry to enable the low-cost carrier to officially start its domestic flight in Sarawak and Sabah beginning Tuesday-Bernama

I'm back!!!!

Anyway...I went to eye spotting yesterday at 6am walking out from my house. and spot in the pouring rain armed with only an umvrella. F50 was towed to T2 and the parking arrangement was a bit messy and few delays but I saw the officially 1st flight out of BKI by FAX. The moment was very mellow for me yet happy coz I can get to see F50 up close at T2!! yay! But I still prefer MH operate F50 than FAX.

They had changed the 'Bringing Democracy to travel' motto to 'affordable accessibility'...the new motto looks cool,and the first one sound more political ones.