MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

Sweet Dreaming Are Made of This

Oh my God, oh my God..my jaw drop off.... :o

Really really a lucky day for u Capt. and for MWings of course.. :D

Wow! awesome stuff.

You know, you guys were unbelievably lucky. -OEJ hasn't been through SIN in a while now, and on her return you guys get her!

Surprised to see this Oscar Echo Julliet operates with PW engines as opposed to RR
The only engine option available on 744ER's (and ERF's) is General Electric.

-OEJ is the 6th and final pax ER to come off the production line. All 6 operate for the big rat.

Hibby is much nicer. It represents your nation as a whole, unlike -OEJ which represents a generally disliked minority.

Hibby is much nicer. It represents your nation as a whole, unlike -OEJ which represents a generally disliked minority.

I agree with you,Liam.The Hibiscus Jet itself represent the entire nation especially Malaysia,and also the 'Rukun Negara' (Pillars of Nation),thus making it a very special one.I will always remember this wonderful livery.On year 2007,Malaysia will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of nationhood and also the 60th anniversary of MAS,thus making the Hibiscus Jet a totally great looking aircraft.

Looks like I'm basking in the limelight now :yahoo:

Although I am the one who took the picture, remember that I didn't go to the airport by chance. Credits should be given to Jonathan (who called me), Norman (who called Jonathan) and Salihan (who called Norman)

It is the MalaysianWings network that makes this possible.

Cheers to all of us. :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

Edit for name correction Solihin->Salihan

Edited by Norman

Radzi : Although I am the one who took the picture, remember that I didn't go to the airport by chance. Credits should be given to Jonathan (who called me), Norman (who called Jonathan) and Solihin (who called Norman)

This is the spirit folks!!! This piece of priceless information so selflessly shared has now resulted in a feast for the eyes for all of us!!! Thanks to all, and to Radzi for the priceless shots.

Thanks also to Jonathan who sounded me out about this diversion . . . caught it when it landed in SIN in absolutely horrible light. Incidentally, this seems to be the only aircraft that diverted from SIN - there was a storm but nothing that I thought was particularly noteworthy. I live near the airport and it was just a normal storm . . . but the crew knows best. It was a good diversion anyway and made history of sorts for KLIA.

Congratulations and overall winners: aviation photography and the spirit of sharing!!!

KC Sim

Nice one Radzi...

My plane push back earlier for Perth!!! :angry: and the Red Kangaroo was at one end of the terminal!! too far for me to catch her on the ramp!!

i bet Radzi didn't get Romeo Oscar!!! dep at 0940 <_>

oh yeah, Thanks to Taiko Kong, HRH Norman...for the info...plus the ATC controller who understand "us" the spotters!!

as i took of out of KUL, as we reach southern tip of Malaysia...we deviate almost 15nm Left due weather as the weather moves to the west to straight of Melaka :mellow: it was bumpy at FL390!!!

i bet Radzi didn't get Romeo Oscar!!! dep at 0940 <_>

Sorry bro, my first photo was at 0956.

The first ever flight of Wunala to KUL?

Considering QF does not have scheduled flights into KUL, to have Wunala Dreaming in KUL could only happen in our dreams, until two days ago.

so what AC is in our dreams next? Maybe Virgin Birthday girl AC? or Air New Zealand Lord Of The Rings ac (if its still flying), anything else?

Pray that SIN (and JHB as well) is lashed with extremely heavy thunderstorms while at the same time KUL is blessed with clear blue sky. That way we will get more diversions, and who know, our spotters might be around...

Radzi, while we're going on about thunderstorms, lets go with BKK is lashed with it too.. haha

No use. BKK traffic will divert somewhere else.

actually, radzi, i have a question...

just say that the alternate airfield for diversions from BKK was PEN, or Langkawi, or KLIA, would all airlines go there? and from that i mean just say El Al that flies to Bangkok, would it actually fly to malaysia? seeing we as malaysians cant go there etc etc, is that a factor?

We can hope for more thunderstorm at SIN so, we may see BA and UA divert to KUL :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

and from that i mean just say El Al that flies to Bangkok, would it actually fly to malaysia? seeing we as malaysians cant go there etc etc, is that a factor?

Like Capt. Radzi said already, they probably divert somewhere else (in TH); I guess, they'll go to U-Tapao or even Phuket/Chiang Mai, if need be...

Choice of alternates are determined by many factors, politic is one of them.

First, KUL is way too far from BKK. There are other suitable alternates such as Chiangmai and Phuket. First alternate for BKK iI think is Utapao, which is just south of the city.

Flights to TPE, for example, will have alternates KHH and HKG. Xiamen could be nearer but cannot be nominated due to political reason. I guess it will be the same as El Al, if they operate to SIN they wil have roblem with their alternates.