MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Amirul Mazlan

KLIA's Jungle Centrepiece is Allegedly Destroyed

Few days ago, once disembark from aerotrain i noticed the ambience was brighter than it normally does. To my 'horror' i saw trees inside the glass enclosure were stripped of their leaves and branches.

Anyone knows why? Or is it being done once every few years?

I used to love looking at the jungle. Then they built that elevated walkway around it and that blocked the view. Then I never bothered anymore.

Saw that too and was shocked. Thought the forest has always been their jewel in the crown.

Hope someone can shed some lights on why they have to trim all the "forest"

The last thing that made KLIA satellite terminal has died

if they want money to maintain the thing,they could charge people for entering the mini jungle.

Edited by David.W

Oh my god, why on earth have they done that???

Must be to put in more tacky duty free shops. When completed in 1998, the satellite terminal was beautiful. Now it is on par with puduraya bus terminal

Cant be tree pruning. It's gonna take years to have those branches grow up like a proper tree. To be honest i'm kinda disappointed. They put up shops around it effectively blocking the view and now they are cutting it?

MTB already looks like a ghost town. Now it is complete, they got a desert as well...

I reckon since they prefer Arabic culture... might as well make it a desert lol.

It's a bit sad that the forest is gone. I think putting a walkway over the jungle looked hideous...

Probably trimming down the forest for regrowth? Changi's butterfly and mini rainforest feels better and u can do something spotting along with it. Anyways the amount of stores being squeezed into the Satelite Terminal has made it very tight to traverse to my designated gate while for Changi and suvarnabhumi it was much roomier you don't feel confined. Went to the public lounge area above with the LCD tv's non of the available charging AC ports were working. KLIA definitely loosing its appeal.

Well, I just can't believe that the people in charge didn't take the opportunity to see what was on offer elsewhere and do one better. But this is the story of Malaysia... just do enough to get by

I am really disappointed bout the whole thing. KLIA MTB and Satellite were so well built all they gotta do is to maintain and do some minor upgrades but all we see now is they have taken step backwards.

I know there are commercial pressures as well but why can't they at least retain KLIA's identitY

The jungle area is such a prime real estate with very high visibility in the middle of Sat. I think for years the MAHB folks have been itching to monetize it. And it looks like it will finally becoming a reality.

Anyways the amount of stores being squeezed into the Satelite Terminal has made it very tight to traverse to my designated gate while for Changi and suvarnabhumi it was much roomier you don't feel confined.

The additional stores are really annoying as you have to squeeze yourself into narrow lanes. What were they thinking?

Also the toilets in KLIA are a nightmare. Utterly disgusting and says a lot about us Malaysians.

Where is jani?

klia10052016192825small.jpg

It supposed to look like that!

We demand an explanation!

Is this from 1998? Looks so clean and uncluttered.

Sign in to follow this