MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ashley Lee

MAS B772 9M-MRO Flight MH370 KUL-PEK Missing with All 239 POB Presumed Killed

The stupid question from me would be.Can a super genius computer hacker takes over the computer systems on a aircraft?

IIRC, China wants to filter some name(s) on the MH370 pax manifest before MAS made the list publicly. Possible some VVIP onboard ?

So far not we know off. However the Chinese media did censored one of the pax name: Memetjan Abdullah. He’s a 35-year-old Uyghur oil painter from Kashgar, a fabled oasis town on the old Silk Road. The Uyghurs are Turkic-speaking Muslim people who inhabit China’s far west Xinjiang region.

Recently there has been an uprising of Muslim Uighur in China against the government. The mass killing at train station is such case.

Edited by JuliusWong

I wonder if they would relook into this censored name(s) if all other passengers were found to be clean.

If hijacker know how to turn off transponder and acars, and allowed the plane to run out of fuel?

What could be the motive?

The plot thicken again.

Edited by KK Lee

well if 8:11am (Malaysian TIme) was the last contact with the satellite, then that must the point where it crashed. With the fuel onboard they were supposed to have landed beijing in 1:41 hours ago. They must be running on reserves and crashed from fuel starvation.

Then how can they assume that it can go as far as Kazakhstan, unless i missed something in the news.

well if 8:11am (Malaysian TIme) was the last contact with the satellite, then that must the point where it crashed. With the fuel onboard they were supposed to have landed beijing in 1:41 hours ago. They must be running on reserves and crashed from fuel starvation.

Then how can they assume that it can go as far as Kazakhstan, unless i missed something in the news.

Could Mh370 crossed india without been noticed? Edited by KK Lee

So the significant milestone from earlier SAR effort would be to shift focus on the West coast, from PEN to Andaman Island.

"According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8.11am Malaysian time on Saturday, March 8."

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/15/Najib-No-confirmation-missing-MH370-hijacked/

Was this statement referring the plane on the air or on the ground? or.. in the ocean?? When the plane was reported missing, MH's VP said the plane could only be on the air for 7 hours due to limited fuel for only KUL to PEK.

Now that the investigation is showing that the plane is hijacked:

• Who was in control of the aircraft instruments in the cockpit? In most hijacking incidents, the hijackers would try very much to gain control often by killing the pilot and his co pilot. Is it also a possibility that the hijackers did not killed the pilot and his co pilot but threatened to kill the crews if they do not follow their instructions. The last recorded response from Capt. Zaharie to SZB ATC i.e. "Alright, good night" as mentioned by Capt. Radzi is not a standard wording or something that Capt. Zaharie would normally used. This leads me to think that the hijacker was the one who relayed that response.
  • How can the hijacker entered the cockpit? With the cockpit door security system in place, I could not think of anything else other than the hijacker stormed into it by force, logically by killing/injuring a lot of cabin crews and passengers in the forward cabin. To put on such a stunt is also quite impossible if it is just a hijacker (i.e. by logic he would be needing a really big gun with unlimited supply of bullets otherwise he would surely be overpowered by the cabin crews and other passengers, smuggling it into the cabin is also quite impossible given the security checking at KUL) which leads me to think that the hijackers are consist of a team, several people from the POB and they used an unconventional devices as weapons (e.g. a sharp pointed object which camo as a pen or drawing brushes etc).
  • We dismissed the hijacking/terrorism theory early in the discussion since no terror group has come forward to claim responsibility. Now that it has been confirmed that it is a hijacking incident but no one claims responsibility either except for the one Chinese org whose claim all of us dismissed as an attention/fame seeking effort. We dismissed it then, why wouldn't we dismiss it now?
  • Major crashes/incidents at MH with more than 100 fatalities (Flight 653 and Flight 370) are 100% due to hijacking which I think instil MH's excellent aircraft safety and maintenance record untarnished.
  • If the plane flew for 7 hours further, there is a possibility that MRO is still in one piece and is being kept held somewhere. But what about the 239 POB? To contain such a large crowd from seeking help is quite unthinkable unless the hijackers get rid of them.
  • Why would a MH aircraft became the target? Malaysia generally is not involved in any international conflicts. The only reason I can think of is because it is do-able probably due to some loopsides at the security aspect of KUL as we do have Palestine stowaway, major cargo theft, daylight armed heist incidents on our cap.

If hijacker know how to turn off transponder and acars, and allowed the plane to run out of fuel?

What could be the motive?

The plot thicken again.

Hijacked the plane, stored it for future use?? Not impossible.

They are under the assumption that the plane must have flown on one of the two corridors exists. Excrept from the press conference:

"The plane's last communication with the satellite was in one of two possible corridors: a northern corridor stretching approximately from the border of Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan to northern Thailand, or a southern corridor stretching approximately from Indonesia to the southern Indian ocean," he said. "The investigation team is working to further refine the information."

More on: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"According to the new data, the last confirmed communication between the plane and the satellite was at 8.11am Malaysian time on Saturday, March 8."

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/15/Najib-No-confirmation-missing-MH370-hijacked/

Was this statement referring the plane on the air or on the ground? or.. in the ocean?? When the plane was reported missing, MH's VP said the plane could only be on the air for 7 hours due to limited fuel for only KUL to PEK.

Whether the plane was on ground or in the air at at 8.11am, the authorities are uncertain for now. The VP only assumed that MRO carried enough fuel for KUL-PEK only. However we do not know until now the real amount fuel that it actually carried. Can someone check the fuel log?

Now that the investigation is showing that the plane is hijacked:

• Who was in control of the aircraft instruments in the cockpit? In most hijacking incidents, the hijackers would try very much to gain control often by killing the pilot and his co pilot. Is it also a possibility that the hijackers did not killed the pilot and his co pilot but threatened to kill the crews if they do not follow their instructions. The last recorded response from Capt. Zaharie to SZB ATC i.e. "Alright, good night" as mentioned by Capt. Radzi is not a standard wording or something that Capt. Zaharie would normally used. This leads me to think that the hijacker was the one who relayed that response.
  • How can the hijacker entered the cockpit? With the cockpit door security system in place, I could not think of anything else other than the hijacker stormed into it by force, logically by killing/injuring a lot of cabin crews and passengers in the forward cabin. To put on such a stunt is also quite impossible if it is just a hijacker (i.e. by logic he would be needing a really big gun with unlimited supply of bullets otherwise he would surely be overpowered by the cabin crews and other passengers, smuggling it into the cabin is also quite impossible given the security checking at KUL) which leads me to think that the hijackers are consist of a team, several people from the POB and they used an unconventional devices as weapons (e.g. a sharp pointed object which camo as a pen or drawing brushes etc).
  • We dismissed the hijacking/terrorism theory early in the discussion since no terror group has come forward to claim responsibility. Now that it has been confirmed that it is a hijacking incident but no one claims responsibility either except for the one Chinese org whose claim all of us dismissed as an attention/fame seeking effort. We dismissed it then, why wouldn't we dismissed it now?
  • Major crashes/incidents at MH with more than 100 fatalities (Flight 653 and Flight 370) are 100% due to hijacking which I think instil MH's excellent aircraft safety and maintenance record untarnished.
  • If the plane flew for 7 hours further, there is a possibility that MRO is still in one piece and is being kept held somewhere. But what about the 239 POB? To contain such a large crowd from seeking help is quite unthinkable.
  • Why would a MH aircraft became the target? Malaysia generally is not involved in any international conflicts. The only reason I can think of is because it is do-able probably due to some loopsides at the security aspect of KUL (we do have Palestine stowaway, major cargo theft, daylight armed heist incidents in our cap).

Point #1 and #2 points will be like scenes out of a movie. Possible.

Point #3........Learning from Osama's lesson, I don't think the terrorists want to show their face that early, if the flight IS indeed hijacked. The USA will spare no time to bomb the country or area to ground like what we saw in Afghanistan case.

Point #5........Strip them off clothing, remove all possible means of communication, then feed them well to demand for ransom later on? God forbid, mass shooting using AK47? Possible too.

2gxptac.jpg- Referring to MAR's post

Guys if the ACARS and Transponders were shut off what signals or pinging did the satellites picked up?I have always assumed that any sort of data link will go thru ACARS?

Guys if the ACARS and Transponders were shut off what signals or pinging did the satellites picked up?I have always assumed that any sort of data link will go thru ACARS?

I think the satellite phone system since the Inmarsat satellite above the Indian Ocean picked it up.

Not surprising then that the reporters themselves are not attentive to details.

In this nice graphic from WSJ, the geostationary satellite is Inmarsat IOR, located at 64E. The estimated location arcs must have been calculated via time delay between transmission and reception. So distance is the only parameter available, whence the arcs. The arcs end when fuel should have run out, while the gap in SEA is possibly due to radar corroboration.

BN-BY071_MALSEA_G_20140315061741.jpg

OMG... i can't believe this really happening to Malaysia.. which mean we are silently being attack!

Attacked? Who's sleeping on the job when anonymous 370 crossed the northern part of the peninsula?

ACARS has nothing to do with the satellite phone

The satellite info is from the sat phone provider

Attacked? Who's sleeping on the job when anonymous 370 crossed the northern part of the peninsula?

what makes you think there are sleeping? just because they announce it late doesn't mean they didn't do something about it earlier.

This flight MH370 put a real test on the air force capability and reactive ability of the countries in this region.... unless they already knew and hide about it