MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
J. Suri

MAS Nasi Lemak Telanjang Criticized by Chef Wan & Chef Zam

Brahim charge MH beef satay at RM3.20/stick, so I wont be surprised that Nasi lemak telanjang costs RM20.

Add some "cheap" kangkung then it'll be RM30.

Malaysia Airlines responds to Chef Wan's comments on 'nasi lemak telanjang'
“Malaysia Airlines would like to thank Chef Wan for his comments on the standard of the nasi lemak served in economy class in a flight to Bangkok. We appreciate all comments and will take immediate action to improve the standard of food on our flights,” said Malaysia Airlines.

How immediate?

Edited by Johan Z

Maybe they will hand out packet ketchup and chilies.

Maybe crew can provide three slices of timun for RM5, one ikan bilis for RM1, kacang tambah sendiri from the complementary inflight peanuts. Barang Naik ma..

Maybe crew can provide three slices of timun for RM5, one ikan bilis for RM1, kacang tambah sendiri from the complementary inflight peanuts

You mean to have the crew going about with timun in one hand, slicer in other ?

Then second crew member to follow behind with ikan bilis and collect payment of ancillary income ?! :D

We'll definitely not 5 Star Airline with 5 Star Meals! Maybe need to re-evaluate MAS 5 star rating?

5 Star Airline with 1 Star inflight Meals?

AK has chicken curry as well and their Nasi Lemak is quite a bargain compared to the ridiculous RM20 for the naked Nasi Lemak. This is why MH has to seriously cut down on its expenses such as to Brahim's and etc. They would still be able to have their own catering if not for the crazy contracts they have for a RM3 per piece eggs. Shame!!!

Edited by kandiah k

This whole thing with Brahim's catering is scandalous. This is the main reason why MH can never be successful when competing against SQ, CX, TG and even GA! Such corruption.

The nasi lemak was strip naked by Brahim!

You mean to have the crew going about with timun in one hand, slicer in other ?

Then second crew member to follow behind with ikan bilis and collect payment of ancillary income ?! :D

Then another to follow - more sambal?

F@&k Lah is the main problem here. MAS unfortunately, despite their amazing crew and excellent engineering, can never be profitable if u have people like F@&k Lah and his cronies sucking money in like nothing. RM3 per egg? Damn, I am in the wrong job, 60-80 hours a week for what?!!

Malaysia Airlines nasi lemak: Then and now

'Several passengers have shared the fact this dish has been served by the country's national carrier but it didn't look like the photo uploaded on Chef Wan's Instagram. The website AirlineMeals.net allows passengers to upload photos of their airline meals to the website and some have uploaded photos of the nasi lemak dish from different years.'

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/malaysia-airlines-nasi-lemak-then-and-now-29349?cp

Malaysia Airlines nasi lemak: Then and now

'Several passengers have shared the fact this dish has been served by the country's national carrier but it didn't look like the photo uploaded on Chef Wan's Instagram. The website AirlineMeals.net allows passengers to upload photos of their airline meals to the website and some have uploaded photos of the nasi lemak dish from different years.'

Read more at: http://english.astroawani.com/news/show/malaysia-airlines-nasi-lemak-then-and-now-29349?cp

Anyone uploaded the domestic nasi lemak onto airlinemeals?

A proper tray is also missing from the picture uploaded by Chef Wan.

Yeah - there is no more tray for most domestic and regional flights - the meal now served with the paper box containing just the "naked" nasi lemak and mineral water. that's all. On some flights, even hot beverages are not served. No more bun, no more fruits/desert, no more kacang! Just shows how the meals served have deteriorated over the years.

Edited by kyong

fd3.png

Any cabin crew can confirm? As far as i can remember the ikan bilis and peanuts are served in a small plastic container. That should not be that hard to serve.

Edited by Walter Sim

A proper tray is also missing from the picture uploaded by Chef Wan.

My guess - what is missing is not a tray (proper or otherwise) but a cardbox

My sister confirmed what she got last week was a box, that bit of water and the tray of 'food'

I can only assume the napkin and cutlery were included - no mention of any drinks offered either

And it was only in December I was fully convinced MH's catering had improved so much

Must have caught it at crest of the wave :)

fd3.png

Any cabin crew can confirm? As far as i can remember the ikan bilis and peanuts are served in a small plastic container. That should not be that hard to serve.

I can only say that this crew is being defensive. During my recent flight on GARUDA INDONESIA (Fairul can confirm this too), their flight is superb, and they even serve snack box on a 55 minutes flight. My flight, CGK - SUB, took about 1 hour and 10 minutes and their service was far beyond what MH offered to us.

That response by kerja atas awan (possibly one amongst us here ?) is at least 'entertaining'

So now we know why MH's servings are so small - the serving carts used by MH are too small to accommodate (MUAT) larger portions. Carts must be of some unique dimensions/specifications compared to those employed by other airlines who try to feed (pamper?) their pax a bit better

Big difference between the makcik depan rumah's nasi lemak and MH's nasi lemak - the former is prepared whilst the latter is reheated. But I guess the real issue could be that any extra time taken up by the reheating/ loading/serving procedure will eat up directly into said pramugara MAS's bonding time with fellow cabin crew at curtained off area at back of plane after meal service

As per first word of his response ...... sedih :)

Edited by BC Tam

If they can do it last time (pre cost cutting days) why not now. Maybe new aircraft galley ovens are smaller? New carts are smaller?

Edited by Walter Sim

Maybe stop serving nasi lemak then. Do noodles or wrap or sandwiches. Not everyone can stomach nasi lemak in the morning.

If they can't serve cucumber or anchovies, they could be creative by having pickled veggies (acar) instead.

Regarding comparison to AirAsia, many trip reports I encountered stated that many passengers purchased the meals onboard. So AirAsia crew might have to reheat the same number of meals per flight.

Sign in to follow this