MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
alberttky

MAS B772 Fleet Decommissioned on 27 January 2016

Which one type of a/c is suitable for MH?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. A350 or B787

• A350
    • B787

CM did mention that there will be new industry leading business class seats... So it's not in our imagination..

I don't quite remembered he mentioned the Business class on the 777-200ER specifically right?

http://www.ausbt.com.au/malaysia-airlines-all-new-business-class-for-a330s-boeing-777s

Malaysia Airlines: all-new business class for A330s, Boeing 777s
By David Flynn Filed under: Malaysia Airlines
PUBLISHED 1 JUN, 2015

Malaysia Airlines will upgrade business class on its Airbus A330 and Boeing 777 jets with an all-new design as part of a wide-ranging overhaul of the troubled airline.

Fully lie-flat seats will replace the current angled flat beds and "sloping sleepers" on all international jets, promises newly-minted CEO Chris Mueller, who faces the hard task of turning MAS around.

The new Malaysia Airlines business class seats will be "a world-class leading lie-flat seat", says Mueller, with "very large dimensions, and be positioned above the industry standard for business class."

I wonder if they will refurbish the Y class on the B772s

My guess would be yes. They might want to take advantage of the refurb and squeeze in more seats by reducing the pitch, or God forbid, going 10-abreast.

They can fit in more seats by reducing the pitch to 32" with their newest Y seats in the B777. Going 10 across is an absolute no-no. I guess the J seat numbers will be slightly reduced with the refurb as well.

does not make sense to get rid of the 777 that fast

you get rid of them then you have no planes to do long haul except for the A380!!! A330 can't go to Europe

I believe its a reporting error

Edited by DaTan

The refurbished 772s will only be used for less than 2 years before the 4 A359s comes into service - which is kind of financially "wasteful" and MAS should have done it much earlier to make economical use of the cabin retrofits. But any refurbishment upgrade will be good for the passengers in the interim.

does not make sense to get rid of the 777 that fast

you get rid of them then you have no planes to do long haul except for the A380!!! A330 can't go to Europe

I believe its a reporting error

But the intel that we have (which is from a MAB insider who is quoting from a highly credible source) stated that CDG and AMS will be terminated hence there is no need for any B772 at all. AKL has already being served with the A333.

oh. I can see it making sense now. All long haul will be 380 and 333. Longest Asian flight is to Japan which is also 333. Hence no need for the 777? I have forgotten that PEK gets the 333 now

Once CDG and AMS goes, the only route the A330 300 can't reach is LHR

That means no more old 777 seats

Edited by David.W

Perhaps CM had a change of mind since June - that refurbishing the B777s wasn't a good commercial proposition. Maybe, because there was zero interest in the two A380s, it might be better to refurbish those instead. At least, returns can be had for another 6 years or more. Rip out first class and business class in the two A380s and install lie flat business class seats instead. This kind of configuration might work for the CDG and AMS routes.

When will be the last B772 flight in MH? It's sad to see MAB plan to decommision one of the greatest aircraft ever build that soon. What is happening to MAB? Route cuts here and there. Idris Jala would make a better CEO compare to C. Muller. Idris sold some useless paintings instead of cutting routes and shrinking the airline like what that mat salleh is doing now.

then why would they need the 4 A359s for? and another 2 on option plus a A330neo?

For LHR because the A380 will be decommissioned in 2017 too. Please read the MAB A359 thread.

When will be the last B772 flight in MH? It's sad to see MAB plan to decommision one of the greatest aircraft ever build that soon. What is happening to MAB? Route cuts here and there. Idris Jala would make a better CEO compare to C. Muller. Idris sold some useless paintings instead of cutting routes and shrinking the airline like what that mat salleh is doing now.

Give him time. Unlike Idris CM has a good record in turning airlines around

Well, then AF's move of suspending KUL is very premature. Hope KL and AF will pick up the slack from MH's exit of these very important European markets. I suspect however that the ME3 will be the ones who are partying! Most like MH will be code sharing more with BA and QR for European services and hopefully carry on their partnership with KL too!

as been discussed in airliners.net, it's believed that this is the 1-1-1 J class onboard 9W A332 leased to EY.

the herringbone style configuration

Thanks for clearing that up - That 9W seat is not that fab.

Was driving along Jalan Pekeliling yesterday and saw six 777s at, in and around hangar 5. three of them are headed out country i think - they had their titles removed, no more wau on their tails.

Cant see the regs tho.

Was driving along Jalan Pekeliling yesterday and saw six 777s at, in and around hangar 5. three of them are headed out country i think - they had their titles removed, no more wau on their tails.

Cant see the regs tho.

Only six B772ER will remain:

1. 9M-MRA
  2. 9M-MRE
  3. 9M-MRL
  4. 9M-MRM
  5. 9M-MRP
  6. 9M-MRQ

The reminder seven are currently being decommissioned. The three B772ER without title and logo could any of seven: 9M-MRB, 9M-MRC, 9M-MRF, 9M-MRG, 9M-MRH, 9M-MRI, 9M-MRN.

Insider news.

AK no salary raise many pilots are hopping away.

I bought kch kul dps return tix in May 2016 Tot would be able to take the b772 flt but downgraded to b738

Not surprised. Some of my friends working in AK have moved on to EK and QR recently. Huge pay, and some upgraded to A380.