MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

With WiFI and in flight entertainment? Hmmm I thought this is a low cost airlines.

I think Malindo Air, like Lion Air, positioned themselves as a hybrid carrier. Heard that Malindo Air will do their proving flights this month.

Good, thanks for the English version...

You're welcome.

With WiFI and in flight entertainment? Hmmm I thought this is a low cost airlines.

IMO, expect pax to incur extra cost to get these luxuries.

___

Would Malindo Air be different from Lion Air - Is the parent company still banned from flying to Europe? I am concern about the safety aspect.

You're welcome.

IMO, expect pax to incur extra cost to get these luxuries.

___

Would Malindo Air be different from Lion Air - Is the parent company still banned from flying to Europe? I am concern about the safety aspect.

I think EU just banned all the Indonesian fleets, should have nothing to do with the parent company. The last time when EU initiated the ban, was QZ on the list too?

The last time when EU initiated the ban, was QZ on the list too?

Both GA and QZ were taken off the EU blacklist some time ago.

Edited by flee

Is it? Doesnt seems like it. Plus info (or rumours) from insider has it that the Malindo 739 delivery flight from Everett is by next Friday. Plus the photo is 737-8GP with registration of PK-LKS..

Is it? Doesnt seems like it. Plus info (or rumours) from insider has it that the Malindo 739 delivery flight from Everett is by next Friday. Plus the photo is 737-8GP with registration of PK-LKS..

Actually it states:

PK-LKS LION AIR -ntu

NTU - Not Taken Up.

Edited by Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

Actually it states:

NTU - Not Taken Up.

Isn't that correct?

Wasn't this aircraft originally intended for Lion Air and is now passed on to Malindo - only that the Malaysian reggo is not yet confirmed?