IW1635 MYY1345 – 1555KUL 739 D

Kuala Lumpur – Penang
IW1312 KUL0745 – 0835PEN 739 D
IW1313 PEN0915 – 1010KUL 739 D

Kuala Lumpur – Sibu
IW1656 KUL0955 – 1150SBW 739 D
IW1655 SBW1225 – 1415KUL 739 D

http://airlineroute.net/2013/04/12/od-jun13/

Malindo's sister airline in Indonesia, which is part of Lin group is set to fly:

Indonesia’s largest low-cost carrier Lion Air launched its full-service Batik Air (photo above) at the country's main gateway Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Cengkareng, Banten, on Thursday.

Batik Air president director Achmad Luthfie said that a maiden flight would be conducted on May 3 from Soekarno-Hatta's Terminal 3.

"We are going to fly between Jakarta and Manado [North Sulawesi] during the first flight and later on we will fly the route twice a day," Achmad told reporters.

He said that the new airline would put six Boeing B737-900 Extended Range (ER) aircraft into operation this year.

"Our second aircraft will arrive on May 4 and connect Jakarta and Pekanbaru and the third on May 8," he added.

Batik Air would offer 12 business class seats and 168 economy seats on each aircraft.

Batik has obtained flight permits and approval from the Transportation Ministry to serve 66 domestic routes and 20 international routes.

The full-service airline business, as opposed to no-frills flying, has excellent local prospects, given the rising number of Indonesians with disposable income.

He said that local middle-class customers would likely switch from Lion Air to Batik Air as their incomes increased.

Sources: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/04/25/lion-air-officially-launches-batik-air.html

More analysis from CAPA here: http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/competition-between-indonesian-market-leaders-lion-and-garuda-to-intensify-as-batik-air-launches-106848

Now if the highlighted is true, when Malindo will get their 3rd plane?

Who has an idea when deliver for this plane will come?

"We will fly to new destinations when we increase our aircraft fleet. Currently, we are using two Boeing 737-900ERs to serve Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. By June this year, we will be adding two more B737-900s and between July and December, eight more," he said.

Guess still another month for the next 737s to arrive. Meanwhile focusing on establishing ATR fleet in Subang.

Am nervous of the prospect of flying on this airline end of this month..heard it's quite a trend now to merge 2 flights together with the later flight sacrificed and worse still some pax weren't informed causing them to miss their flights.. Anyone else heard of the issues?

Am nervous of the prospect of flying on this airline end of this month..heard it's quite a trend now to merge 2 flights together with the later flight sacrificed and worse still some pax weren't informed causing them to miss their flights.. Anyone else heard of the issues?

I think this is typical of many airlines as a move to maximize revenue. What you can do is to ensure your contact details are in order as from my experience those who did not get informed of flight cancellation usually neglected to provide updated & correct contact details.

I think this is typical of many airlines as a move to maximize revenue

That is even more alarming ! :D

Hope this trend doesn't get any traction

Already read in another forum about an OD pax's flight being 'retimed earlier' and being given a meal voucher to make up for the 'inconvenience' :)

MYY, SBW and TWU is on the list of the booking engine already, just wander when they are going to launch the sales for these 3 new destinations!

SBW? Awesome! Will check it out

It's in the dropdown selection menu of destinations, but nothing inside yet, which mean not yet open for sale, just a prepration I guess...

MYY, SBW and TWU is on the list of the booking engine already, just wander when they are going to launch the sales for these 3 new destinations!

New routes for Malindo Air fly from KUL to Sibu (SBW) start on 11/6, Miri (MYY) 14/6 and Tawau (TWU) 26/6.

922699_450130301737805_315821549_n.jpg

Malindo Air Flies To Sibu, Miri And Tawau

KUALA LUMPUR, May 10 (Bernama) -- Malindo air (air), Malaysia's only hybrid airline, today announced plans to expand its network by commencing flights to Sibu (June 11), Miri (June 14) and Tawau (June 26).

At present, the airline flies only to Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.

In a statement today, its Chief Executive Officer, Chandran Rama Muthy said the new expansion offers guests with wider travel options.

Malindo air is offering guests an opportunity to travel on economy class to its new destinations with an all-inclusive fare starting from RM98 to Miri, RM98 to Sibu and RM138 to Tawau.

Malindo air is also offering an all-inclusive business class fare from RM499 to Miri, Sibu, Tawau, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.

The introduction of the three new routes coincides with the imminent delivery of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)-based carrier's third and fourth aircraft.

Malindo air operates the youngest and most state of the art fleet of any airline in Malaysia and Asia, and will continue to do so over the next few years as it receives more aircraft to add to its fleet.

More than 100,000 guests have travelled onboard Malindo air since it began operation on March 22 this year.

Malindo air currently operates a fleet of two state-of-the-art Boeing 737-900ER (extended range) aircraft in a two-class configuration of 12 seats in business and 168 seats in economy.

I noticed on some days KUL-KCH-KUL is reduced to only 2 flights per day on each direction. Could this be due to low load?

Good news for folks in SBW, MYY and TWU!

I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere. Anyway, MAS is now giving complimentary earphone in Y now. Same as the one TG is giving in Y and it is yours to take home. All credit goes to OD. Thank you Malindo :D

I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere. Anyway, MAS is now giving complimentary earphone in Y now. Same as the one TG is giving in Y and it is yours to take home. All credit goes to OD. Thank you Malindo :D

U sure about this?because I'll claim mine on MH 2616 nxt week...Great news...

U sure about this?because I'll claim mine on MH 2616 nxt week...Great news...

Positive! And i took mine home. This was on MH2617 (3 May 2013) and the flight was operated by a 738 with sky interior. However, no earphone was distributed on my flight back to BKI nine days later. I suppose this was due to the return flight operated by a leased 738 with no AVOD system.

Edited by Isaac