MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

Maybe MH should give away all of the headphones that have been heavily used on the widebodies. Although they worked fine but mostly nearly fell apart.

EY-class free headsets are real, given out on MH2614 today.

575619_10200554605941555_1477108512_n.jp

947185_10200554607821602_453510556_n.jpg

Some photos there.....

If the FFP is in place for LCC, its no longer considered LCC. Its hybrid LCC... same goes to AK which have FFP, pseudo first class, red carpet, etc

Don't quite agree that AK is a hybrid because they still charge extra for the "luxuries". Malindo is because they include luggage, food and aerobridge boarding in the ticket price.

EY-class free headsets are real, given out on MH2614 today.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575619_10200554605941555_1477108512_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/947185_10200554607821602_453510556_n.jpg

Some photos there..... (how do I link my FB photos here?)

I've taken one previously. I didn't take the today's one, so just leave it at the seat pocket.

Don't quite agree that AK is a hybrid because they still charge extra for the "luxuries". Malindo is because they include luggage, food and aerobridge boarding in the ticket price.

sooner or later...latest, include extra 5 kg luggage...

I've taken one previously. I didn't take the today's one, so just leave it at the seat pocket.

Free but can it be use elsewhere with the 2 pins head?

You probably can find a 1 pin converter somewhere.

Actually you can use your own normal one pin headset to connect, no issue. MH headset socket is 3 pins, unlike OD, it's one big head pin so passenger has to buy and rent by MYR 15.

After awhile, frequent passengers will just leave it at their seats. One is enough especially when you can't us it anywhere else.

Actually you can use your own normal one pin headset to connect, no issue. MH headset socket is 3 pins

I think it's 2 pins on the new 738 ? But then I'm not very sure but somehow I seem to remember it being 2 pins... On MAS 777 it is 3 pins but 2 pins headphone is used.

unlike OD, it's one big head pin so passenger has to buy and rent by MYR 15.

One big head pin ? I thought it's the small head PIN ? 'Cause my friend said on FB that he was able to listen to the IFE using his Apple Earpod.

After awhile, frequent passengers will just leave it at their seats. One is enough especially when you can't us it anywhere else.

I will always take it home with me. But then that's just me :D

I think it's 2 pins on the new 738 ? But then I'm not very sure but somehow I seem to remember it being 2 pins... On MAS 777 it is 3 pins but 2 pins headphone is used.

One big head pin ? I thought it's the small head PIN ? 'Cause my friend said on FB that he was able to listen to the IFE using his Apple Earpod.

I will always take it home with me. But then that's just me :D

1 small pin on the OD's. I bought mine on board and was given an adapter to go with the original 2-pin headset. They could have thought about printing the airline logos ala KLM, though.

208632_10200362193351992_1925696013_n.jp

Heard some rumors regarding OD. Of the few pioneer members, one has resigned (confirmed), one is about to resign and another one is no longer in management.

I wonder how true those rumors are.

Edited by Radzi

Wow, do you know the reason behind this?

Don't even know if they are true, except one of the person above has gone to work with SV.

if true, just wonder why...they are actually the backbone of malindo air.. Need to know either its true or not..mybe those who are close friends to them can give some clarifications...

A good news fo OD pax and maybe bad news for AK? :D

Latest news from official twitter of Malindo Air.

Because of Malindo Air, Malaysia Airlines is now finally giving complimentary earphone in Y on selected domestic flights. And Air Asia has also brought real zero fare back for flights between KUL/Sabah & Sawarak. Thank you Malindo Air :good: :drinks:

And Air Asia has also brought real zero fare back for flights between KUL/Sabah & Sawarak. Thank you Malindo Air :good: :drinks:

What lah you people, Air Asia offer to fly you for free and you go thank their competitor instead - apa lagi lu ohlang mau ?! :lol:

Edited by BC Tam

Because of Malindo Air, Malaysia Airlines is now finally giving complimentary earphone in Y on selected domestic flights. And Air Asia has also brought real zero fare back for flights between KUL/Sabah & Sawarak. Thank you Malindo Air :good: :drinks:

Mind to share where is the zero fares?? ::80::

Mind to share where is the zero fares?? ::80::

Zero fare + airport tax + fuel surcharge. Air Asia only offered real zero fare to select few destinations in Peninsular Malaysia in the past two - three years. But they have started to offer real zero fare between Peninsular Malaysia and East Malaysia again after Malindo Air started service. There was a zero fare promotion like a month or two back.

Heard from the horse's mouth last week, Lion Air will be receiving 36 x B737 in 2014, 12-14 are destined to Malindo, the rest will be distributed between Lion Air and Thai Lion Air.

Malindo also will be receiving another 4-5 x B737 by end of 2013 and a few more ATRs (could not remember the figs).

Good for consumers but not to Firefly and MasWings as they started losing quite a number of captains.

:hi:

Heard from the horse's mouth last week, Lion Air will be receiving 36 x B737 in 2014, 12-14 are destined to Malindo, the rest will be distributed between Lion Air and Thai Lion Air.

Malindo also will be receiving another 4-5 x B737 by end of 2013 and a few more ATRs (could not remember the figs).

Good for consumers but not to Firefly and MasWings as they started losing quite a number of captains.

Bigger impact on FY as they not only losing the pilots but also start competing with OD on the peninsular routes.

Believe FY contribute quite substantially to MH's bottom line, expect MH next year P&L will be hard pressed. Instead of ATR-72-600, FY should have ordered CRJ or ERJ to gain an advantage over OD's ATR-72.