MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
BC Tam

Lion Air and NADI announced a JV - Malindo Air

I know for one that they cancelled SBW last Saturday, reason unknown. A market which AK serves with 5 daily flights and double daily by MH.

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Just landed KBR from SZB with Malindo ATR. Flight virtually full.

why MH didnt want to increase the frequency for KUL-SBW-KUL to double daily? as for now MH only have 1x frequency. most of MH domestic routes are double daily if im not mistaken.

Just got back KBR-SZB with OD1235. Another virtually full ATR72 plane. :)

KBR-KUL/SZB flights are always full whichever airline you fly. It is probably the most ideal route for flying in Peninsular Malaysia due to the poor road network on the east coast.

Nope the roads are fine. It is just too far. I paid RM178 SZB/KBR on OD return. If I drive, it is gonna cost more than RM200 for petrol+toll. Not to mention stressful 7hrs in the seat if nonstop each way.

Nope the roads are fine. It is just too far. I paid RM178 SZB/KBR on OD return. If I drive, it is gonna cost more than RM200 for petrol+toll. Not to mention stressful 7hrs in the seat if nonstop each way.

Until the East Cost Highway project is 100% complete, it will take too long to drive.

Although I do drive up to Tj Jara and KBR once in a while, I think I would rather fly! Yes, if you drive one up, it is costly. Driving economics will improve if you have 4 or 5 pax travelling together.

East Coast Expressway is out of the way for Kelantanese. We are waiting for the new realignment between Pdg Tunku and Merapoh, and the new Krai-KB highway.

I wonder why OD got most of their flights cancelled lately.

1012710_10200941678098117_1373649704_n.j

This morning all 4 aircraft are on ground. In the afternoon BKI, KCH and SBW was shown as cancelled. Another BKI and TWU seems like a go.

Edited by Radzi

Found out that if you pick a seat...it's rm5 and cool seats are rm10...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

AK has HOT Seats, Malindo has COOL Seats

Like those on the Cerato? :D

There is a huge Malindo Air billboard at Jalan Lintas/Jalan Bypass Penampang junction at KK which was recently put up. Personally, I think the marketing department (or whatever a division in OD is named for marketing purpose is) should do better marketing to attract pax.

The billboard I mentioned just now contains marketing elements which I find rather cheap. Yes, its low cost airline with touches of FSC. But, a touch of more 'photoshop enhancements' probably can do the trick perhaps?

And I reckon developing KUL-BKI/KCH route should be prioritised first, like developing frequencies, improving schedule performance, etc to these pioneering routes. IMO, rapid expansion of more routes doesn't mean you will catch-up with your competition quickly.

And I reckon developing KUL-BKI/KCH route should be prioritised first, like developing frequencies, improving schedule performance, etc to these pioneering routes. IMO, rapid expansion of more routes doesn't mean you will catch-up with your competition quickly.

Targeting too many routes in starts up phase with limited aircrafts makes consumers not much confidence to fly with them at this point, especially with whole fleets grounding for no reason (so to say) for few days consecutively recently...and when I look at the KLIA flight information board online this few days, seems our airliners are "competing" for more "red colour" remarks, why a significant "cancelled" marks lately?

They'd probably picked a very competitive route to compete in. Maybe too competitive for them. Sometimes when you are in the middle people tends to just glance through without actually looking.

Perhaps their best bet is their operation in SZB? Not much of competition over there.

They might be pooling all their pax for the day into one flight and minimising their lost but that does not do good for pax confidence, especially in these early stages whereby the public is still trying and making initial judgement. They should think of building long term confidence and trust of passengers.

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

... seems our airliners are "competing" for more "red colour" remarks, why a significant "cancelled" marks lately?

AK cancelled one flight KUL/KBR this morning.

AK cancelled one flight KUL/KBR this morning.

Which one doc? According to AK's site all KBR flights are operating as per schedule including the sole morning flight

556681_10151762860839168_767985747_n.jpg

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Which one doc? According to AK's site all KBR flights are operating as per schedule including the sole morning flight

Can't remember, but I searched my pics of KBR this morning, and spotted this. Poor pic, heavily cropped, but can see one AK flight cancelled.

KBR.jpg

Could OD is running low on cash? :sorry:

Could be - or they could just be trying to preserve their working capital...