MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

I don't think East Malaysia is going to get more as it will eat into MASWing's business. They are now providing a trunk connection to KLIA. So the next logical moves would be to allow Firefly pax to connect to international destinations. I am thinking along the lines of ASEAN destinations like BKK, SIN, CGK, HKT, etc.

MASwings only operate within Sabah & Sarawak;and actually what do i mean is KUL-SBW,KUL-BTU,KUL-MYY and so on,as an alternative to AK.

Should FY announcing the creation of a hub in JHB,I'm looking forward to see JHB-SBW route.

MASwings only operate within Sabah & Sarawak;and actually what do i mean is KUL-SBW,KUL-BTU,KUL-MYY and so on,as an alternative to AK.

Should FY announcing the creation of a hub in JHB,I'm looking forward to see JHB-SBW route.

Those may come later, as FY probably has to provide more flights out of KLIA to other places. East Malaysia routes were the first to launch and they may be launching other routes. The KUL-KBR flights are almost full most of the time.

Anyway, just wait a little while. All will be revealed real soon! :)

The web site has the following:

Firefly starts a new chapter in its expansion plan with a new hub in Johor Bahru. New routes: Johor Bahru to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching. Routes coming soon: Johor Bahru to Jakarta, Surabaya and Bandung. Visit Routes & Schedules for details.

New destinations in East Malaysia! Firefly now proudly connects Miri and Sibu to Kuala Lumpur with incredible value through low fares. Visit Routes & Schedules for details.

Edited by Robert

JHB to KCH - RM 9

JHB to BKI - RM 9

Booking Period: 22 Feb – 28 Feb 2011

Travel Period: 1 Mar – 31 Mar 2011

Similar offer to the KUL-KCH and KUL-BKI launch.

http://www.fireflyz.com.my/incredible-deals

I think for JHB-KCH start on May 2011 and JHB-BKI start on June 2011.

KUL-MYY start on July 2011 and KUL-SBW start on August 2011.

I think for JHB-KCH start on May 2011 and JHB-BKI start on June 2011.

KUL-MYY start on July 2011 and KUL-SBW start on August 2011.

Trust Firefly to screw up their own announcement! They have corrected the dates:

Travel Period: 19 May to 29 Oct 2011

JHB-KCH? That's awesome! And one more great news; FY is going to fly to SBW too! :yahoo:

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

good to see firefly is coming to my hometown sibu too! the schedule seems pretty close to MH's though. The load is already pretty low on MH when i board from kl recently. i wonder if the number of flights will be reduced.

Trust Firefly to screw up their own announcement! They have corrected the dates:

Travel Period: 19 May to 29 Oct 2011

Yup, one more thing I noticed new offered standard package can't remove, that's mean we have to take standard package as well and if u can see JHB-KCH admin fee will be charge for RM26 while no admin fee applicable for KCH-JHB.

FY KUL-SBW will commence on August 1 2011 :( Still a long wait,but the timing is right for the upcoming Hari Raya,which falls at the end of that month :yahoo: .And here's the timetable from FY website:

KUL-SBW

FY660 (ETD:0710,ETA:0905)

FY664 (ETD:1745,ETA:1940)

SBW-KUL

FY661 (ETD:0935,ETA:11:25)

FY665 (ETD:2010,ETA:22:00)

Aircraft(s): B738

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

KUL-SBW (Effective on 1 August 2011)

FY 660 0710-0905

FY 664 1745-1940

SBW-KUL (Effective on 1 August 2011)

FY 661 0935-1125

FY 665 2010-2200

KUL-MYY

FY 650 0730-0945 (Effective on 1 July 2011)

FY 654 1205-1420 (Effective on 1 August 2011)

FY 656 1710-1925 (Effective on 1 July 2011)

MYY-KUL

FY 651 1015-1230 (Effective on 1 July 2011)

FY 655 1450-1705 (Effective on 1 August 2011)

FY 657 2005-2220 (Effective on 1 July 2011)

JHB-BKI (Effective on 16 June 2011)

FY 801 0700-0915

FY 803 1700-1915

BKI-JHB (Effective on 16 June 2011)

FY 803 0945-1200

FY 805 1945-2200

JHB-KCH (Effective on 19 May 2011)

FY 816 0730-0855

FY 818 1750-1915

KCH-JHB (Effective on 19 May 2011)

FY 815 0925-1045

FY 819 1945-2105

So far the expansion is held like this :rolleyes: But anyway, nice improvement from FY. But it seems plane based on JHB for JHB routes.

With the new schedule, FY must be getting the B738 ML* series and some B734 from MH mainline.

What a nice rollout of FY in MH fighting AK. Way back in 2002 when the *new* AK emerged, MH brushed off the survival of AK. Now with FY and MASWings, MH has just unveiled its weapon completely to fight AK. Suddenly FY seems to be a hybrid of MI+TR...

FY= low cost fare + holiday destinations & packages

MI= holiday destinations & packages + TR= low cost fare

Thus, MH will be quietly withdrawing or merging some of the flights I suspect. Power to consumer!!! Wo0t!! :)

Extra info: The FY KUL-SBW-KUL which will commences on August 1,also coincides with the 1st day of the fasting month of Ramadan Al-Mubarak as well.

With the new schedule, FY must be getting the B738 ML* series and some B734 from MH mainline.

What a nice rollout of FY in MH fighting AK. Way back in 2002 when the *new* AK emerged, MH brushed off the survival of AK. Now with FY and MASWings, MH has just unveiled its weapon completely to fight AK. Suddenly FY seems to be a hybrid of MI+TR...

FY= low cost fare + holiday destinations & packages

MI= holiday destinations & packages + TR= low cost fare

Thus, MH will be quietly withdrawing or merging some of the flights I suspect. Power to consumer!!! Wo0t!! :)

Yes, say what you like. AK is good for Malaysian aviation as it woke up a sleeping and snoozing national airline. So, whether you are a fan of AK or you hate AK, it has still been a good development overall because our air services are now better than ever, at a lower cost too! :clapping:

Yes, say what you like. AK is good for Malaysian aviation as it woke up a sleeping and snoozing national airline. So, whether you are a fan of AK or you hate AK, it has still been a good development overall because our air services are now better than ever, at a lower cost too! :clapping:

Yeap, yeap!! AirAsia made the Asian aviation boomz!! I am non-airline supporter. As long as I can get cheap tickets from A to B without any major hiccups, then I am happy! Power to consumers...:)

OT - my personal experience last week to KK with these birds under the FY banner was certainly much better than when they were under the MH guise.

Firstly because I paid peanuts for the fare, secondly the cabin crew was warm, extremely pleasant and surprisingly enthusiastic. Even better than Y domestic MH if I may suggest (although it was only from experience of 2 flights) And lastly I think the seat pitch was a wee bit more generous than AK birds, although I may be wrong.

However the abruptness and into-your-face recline when the passenger in front reclined his seat remained a small irritation.

Bravo and best wishes!

Edited by V Wong

i read on facebook that firefly isn't going to operate the route Miri to KL. checked the booking engine on d firefly's website and realized it is indeed not bookable.

according to firefly admin on fb:

Firefly Airline is working with Malaysia Airlines to better serve the people of Miri, flights between Kuala Lumpur and Miri will be operated by Malaysia Airlines. For flight information, please visit malaysiaairlines.com.Cheers !

wa <_< Luckily they keep the KL sibu route :rolleyes:

and firefly's reply is kinda weird =.=

"flights between Kuala Lumpur and Miri will be operated by Malaysia Airlines."

so other route will not be? :blink:

Edited by Wong Y. K.

Why FY is cancelling KUL-MYY all of the sudden?

And looks like KUL-SBW-KUL is still on.