MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

Yup, much like SQ and MI. :(

Ok what, MI still got some frilly bits accompanying - wait till they substitute MI even for Tiger shows instead :p

Firefly reschedule back KUL-SBW by brought forward the inaugural flight a month earlier date from 1 Aug to 1 July 2011. Not sure they will use B738 or B734 for this sector.

Announcement via FB

Great news: Now u can fly from KLIA to Sibu with us as soon as 1 July, 2011! We've brought forward the inaugural flight date from 1 Aug to 1 July due to popular demand. Also, we'll be adding one more flight on 1 Aug, 2011 so we'll hv 3 flights a day! For the latest fare promo for ths route, pls visit fireflyz.com.my.

Announcement via FY's website

Due to popular demand, we’re bringing forward our KLIA-Sibu flights so the first flight to Sibu will be on 1 July 2011! We will also add another KLIA-Sibu flight that commences on 1 August 2011: offering a total of three daily flights.

Firefly reschedule back KUL-SBW by brought forward the inaugural flight a month earlier date from 1 Aug to 1 July 2011. Not sure they will use B738 or B734 for this sector.

it will be operated by the 738

Flights ex. KUL are 738, ex. JHB are 734 if I'm not mistaken.

may i know FFB is a new plane or leased? coz the interior and the seats are really look old ... :mellow:

and a weird thing is, FY is planning to take over MAS domestic route, why they axed KL MYY route and say the route will be operated by MAS? :blink:

Flights ex. KUL are 738, ex. JHB are 734 if I'm not mistaken.

Just booked for KUL-SBW 1st July inaugural flight at price return RM58 (without standard package) and confirmed with FY it will using B738. Wong, it's leased aircraft for FFB which ex MH MLB.

oic, so ATM thr is no new 738 for FY lo? :sorry:

Correct - the FY marketing blurp about "brand new fleet" is a little economic on the truth. FFA is ex-MLA and FFB is ex-MLB. MLA and MLB are also not new - they are ex-XL and Nok Air planes leased from ILFC. Maybe that is why MH let them go to FY.

Wonder if 9M-FZA already started flying other route or will wait till the inaugural flight to KCH.

Firefly Flies To Sandakan Aug 1

KUALA LUMPUR, March 30 (Bernama) -- FlyFirefly Sdn Bhd, a unit of Malaysia Airline System Bhd (MAS), will fly to Sandakan from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), starting Aug 1, 2011.

In a statement Wednesday, Firefly head of marketing/communications, Angelina Fernandez, said the new route would mark the community airline's continuous network expansion with its Boeing 737-800 jet operation.

"Firefly offers a wider travelling options for business and leisure in East Malaysia with the entrance into services to these sectors," she said.

Apart from the new Sandakan route, it is also increasing its frequency on the recently-announced Sibu route, with three times daily flight effective Aug 1.

Currently, the airline provides services to Kuching and Kota Kinabalu from KLIA.

may i know FFB is a new plane or leased? coz the interior and the seats are really look old ... :mellow:

and a weird thing is, FY is planning to take over MAS domestic route, why they axed KL MYY route and say the route will be operated by MAS? :blink:

Regarding the FY will take over the MAS domestic route, it is still not been confirmed right?

KL to SDK on B737-800 is good :rolleyes:

Shouldn't the flying time for 737-800 be shorter than 737-400? Firefly website still put the flying time as 2hr 45min, basically same as current MAS flights.

cheers

KL to SDK on B737-800 is good :rolleyes:

Shouldn't the flying time for 737-800 be shorter than 737-400? Firefly website still put the flying time as 2hr 45min, basically same as current MAS flights.

cheers

Cruising speed for the 738 is .78 mach, the 734 is .74 mach. Not that big of a difference to affect flying time that much.

Confirmed. FL 280 / FL 290 KUL-BKI v.v. MLA / MLB used to fly at optimum levels, so the problem is with the company rather than the aircraft.

Well AK takes 2hrs 45mins for their A320 flights as well. FY is also not flying at optimum altitude for the B738.

Regarding the FY will take over the MAS domestic route, it is still not been confirmed right?

yea, it is not confirmed yet. But what I seen from FY reply, seems myy route will be served by MAS permanently .. ;)

Is it not possible to remove the Standard Set of Services anymore when booking a Firefly ticket online ?

Is it not possible to remove the Standard Set of Services anymore when booking a Firefly ticket online ?

You can - they have just switched that button to the left side of the screen, below the fare calculations.

You can - they have just switched that button to the left side of the screen, below the fare calculations.

Got it. Thanks mate :drinks:

I remember when they first had the RM9 offer on JHB - KCH/BKI, the remove button disappeared mysteriously. Are they doing the same old trick again?

the cheapest fare for 738/734 is still KL-KK and KL-KCH launch ... RM9 NETT

now they seems force passengers to buy the standard package ...

the fare is even more exp than RM29 one ... :angry:

excluding those who will 100% take the standard package for every flights <_<

the cheapest fare for 738/734 is still KL-KK and KL-KCH launch ... RM9 NETT

now they seems force passengers to buy the standard package ...

the fare is even more exp than RM29 one ... :angry:

excluding those who will 100% take the standard package for every flights <_>

In conjunction April is Firefly’s birthday month!, they offered special all in fare from RM9 one way but promo fare must be bought with standard set of services that cost RM48 each (only from/to KUL). Promo fare at RM9 only applied from/to SZB and I got this promo fare at RM9 for KBR-SZB on May. :clapping:

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

I remember when they first had the RM9 offer on JHB - KCH/BKI, the remove button disappeared mysteriously. Are they doing the same old trick again?

its true, they did it again, you cant remove standard service when you select 0.01 fare! don't you think we should have the rights not to include the standard services? should we report? I try using the mobile platform, you still get rm9 1 way but there is a booking fee of rm20!