MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

Frankly I think that we should have the same advertising laws as Australia and many EU countries. All fares must be advertised NET. There is no point advertising RM 9 fares if you cannot get them NET.

At least AirAsia now advertises an "all in" fare. Their definition of "all in" is fare plus airport tax.

While at work, I saw a 737-400 sitting inside MH hangar in FY colours. Can't say if it is 9M-FZA or they have a new bird already.

affirmative FZA

Edited by T. AHMAD

its true, they did it again, you cant remove standard service when you select 0.01 fare! don't you think we should have the rights not to include the standard services? should we report? I try using the mobile platform, you still get rm9 1 way but there is a booking fee of rm20!

Ken, I encourage you to report this case to the Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna.

Ken, I encourage you to report this case to the Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna.

You guys haven't read the fine print! On the website it states

All-in fares displayed includes surcharges and airport taxes. Promo fare must be bought with Standard Set of Services that cost RM48 each. Seats are limited and may not be available on all flights, weekends, public holidays and school breaks. Other terms & conditions apply.

Fare with Fine Print

You guys haven't read the fine print! On the website it states

Fare with Fine Print

Yup, on the website banner it states. I just bought return for SZB-KBR all inclusive RM18, so the promo nothing wrong on it. Only just look like FY really "forced" passengers to buy standard package for promo fare on routes served by Boeing aircraft and not for ATR.

Yup, on the website banner it states. I just bought return for SZB-KBR all inclusive RM18, so the promo nothing wrong on it. Only just look like FY really "forced" passengers to buy standard package for promo fare on routes served by Boeing aircraft and not for ATR.

But still, it's not that bad - 57 bucks for a flight from KUL to KCH and you can choose your seat & get a meal.

You can use the mobile platform, its rm20 on top of the 1 way rm9 fare, so still a saving of 28 1 way...what i mean is, if you want to be no frill, then just stick it at that...haiz, so much for community airlines...you cant trust no one these days...

Firefly RM9 flights!

Firefly offers RM9 flights

PETALING JAYA: Firefly Airline has launched a surprise Fly Firefly for RM9! campaign as part of its birthday treat for passengers.

April is Firefly's birthday month as the airline turns four this year.

From now until April 13, seats priced as low as RM9 become available for one-way domestic destinations in the travel period from May 3 to Oct 29.

Firefly's marketing and communications head Angelina Fernandez said the airline was committed to rewarding its passengers with the lowest fares.

“We will continue to hold very-low-fare sales and organise contests as well as other fun activities to thank our passengers for their continuous support.

“I suggest that all follow us on Twitter and watch our Facebook Wall closely for updates,” she added.

Fares priced at RM9 all-in are essentially zero fares with the administration fee removed. All that passengers pay for these seats is the domestic airport tax of RM9.

The Fly Firefly for RM9! campaign includes Penang, Langkawi, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu, as well as new destinations Sandakan and Sibu.

It appears 9M-FFC will be coming from South African Airways. Info from Skyliner.

Boeing 737-85F 30007 746 9M- FireFly - at JNB 06apr11 in full cs prior delivery ex ZS-SJI

Anyone know if FFC is leased and what will the interior be like?

It appears 9M-FFC will be coming from South African Airways. Info from Skyliner.

Boeing 737-85F 30007 746 9M- FireFly - at JNB 06apr11 in full cs prior delivery ex ZS-SJI

Anyone know if FFC is leased and what will the interior be like?

According to planespotter.net , the plane will be lease from GATX

According to planespotter.net , the plane will be lease from GATX

Cheers, thanks for that Hon Kit. Any idea of delivery date?

I tried looking for some interior shots of SJI, seems hard to come by. I shall keep trying.

Cheers, thanks for that Hon Kit. Any idea of delivery date?

I tried looking for some interior shots of SJI, seems hard to come by. I shall keep trying.

SJI = FFD

MLC = FFC

COK = FZB

This is what I've found in the net:

South African Airlines B737-85F ZS-SJI to be 9M-FFD Configuration: C32 Y125

Interior: http://img228.imageshack.us/i/southafricanairwaysb737.jpg/

Seating plan: http://img714.imageshack.us/i/southafricanairwaysb737.jpg/

ps: maybe this one is one of the two B738s that SAA forgot to renew the lease. Link: http://www.fin24.com/Companies/TravelAndLeisure/SAA-loses-planes-after-slip-up-20110113

Acknowledgement: SuperStock.com and South African Airways.com

Any body know if 9M-FZA has entered service yet?

Not been able to find any pictures since it was at East Midlands Airport being resprayed.

Geoff

Not been able to find any pictures since it was at East Midlands Airport being resprayed.

Geoff

Has Firefly flights out of JHB started already? Because if they have, then by all reckoning FZA's already in service. The 734's exclusive to JHB only.

Geoff

FZA already at KLIA..here photo spotted by our member Michael Chai @ AT KLIA on 24th April.

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5613&view=findpost&p=280371

FZA already at KLIA..here photo spotted by our member Michael Chai @ AT KLIA on 24th April.

http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=5613&view=findpost&p=280371

Ikman - thanks for the link to the photo of 9M-FZA.

Still no evidence of FZA earning revenue three months after it was painted.

I wonder what the lease payments are on a B737 per month.

Geoff

I noticed MAS won't fly from Kuching-JB anymore after May. "National airline".

I believe FY will eventually take over all MAS domestic flights with the exception of KUL/BKI, KUL/KCH and probably KUL/PEN.

Should the trend continues, we will see a massive handover of MH's new B738s to FY. MH surely won't be needing 35 B738s if the majority of its domestic routes are transferred to FY.

Should the trend continues, we will see a massive handover of MH's new B738s to FY. MH surely won't be needing 35 B738s if the majority of its domestic routes are transferred to FY.

Expect this trend to continue till FY is at least 15 jet fleet strong....but i don't believe MH will be completely pulling out of domestic. Too much to lose. Still many premium passengers out there who demand premium services, even on domestic.

Plus, id think its a step backwards for the country if domestic services are completely ruled by LCCs..