MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ja Singh

Firefly may take MAS jets to expand

It is a fuss because MH is in so much trouble (new management, billions of losses, questionable business plan, outdated product, share swap, split into 2 etc) and it is now embarking to become a premium carrier. MH has a very high reputation when it comes to service, which is against all the other odds in the airline, so it will be hurtful for the future MH if a component of it i.e. the FY operated MH flights, is not providing inflight service on par with the original (non FY operated) MH flight. Quoting instances happened during my spy's flight (whom by the way has been flying MH on 289 sectors), do you think you would be hearing a Singapore Girl addressing you "Abang" instead of "Sir" or 'accidentally pouring juices on top of your head in more than 1 occasion in one flight because she was nervous'?

The spy's intention is to highlight that there is a serious service inconsistency problem with the FY operated MH flights which need to be rectified and he had written to MH like he always does. I don't think there's anything wrong with it because all his comments are all about service. And fellow member Affendi experienced the same thing too (or maybe even worse since he mentioned 'AZAB'), so these complaints do have some basis. I also have 2 other spies who reported the same but their cases are too brief to be categorised as service flaws unlike the one mentioned earlier.

It could be due to inadequate training.

A not so friendly AK cabin crew is not applicable for comparison here since AK never aspire to become a premium carrier with outstanding service.

It is a fuss because MH is in so much trouble (new management, billions of losses, questionable business plan, outdated product, share swap, split into 2 etc) and it is now embarking to become a premium carrier. MH has a very high reputation when it comes to service, which is against all the other odds in the airline, so it will be hurtful for the future MH if a component of it i.e. the FY operated MH flights, is not providing inflight service on par with the original (non FY operated) MH flight. Quoting instances happened during my spy's flight (whom by the way has been flying MH on 289 sectors), do you think you would be hearing a Singapore Girl addressing you "Abang" instead of "Sir" or 'accidentally pouring juices on top of your head in more than 1 occasion in one flight because she was nervous'?

The spy's intention is to highlight that there is a serious service inconsistency problem with the FY operated MH flights which need to be rectified and he had written to MH like he always does. I don't think there's anything wrong with it because all his comments are all about service. And fellow member Affendi experienced the same thing too (or maybe even worse since he mentioned 'AZAB'), so these complaints do have some basis. I also have 2 other spies who reported the same but their cases are too brief to be categorised as service flaws unlike the one mentioned earlier.

It could be due to inadequate training.

A not so friendly AK cabin crew is not applicable for comparison here since AK never aspire to become a premium carrier with outstanding service.

This is the story of AZAB crew

I was onboard MH2593 MYY KUL, Saturday 17.12.2011

After boarding announcement was made, we went to the gate and only to find that the plane is still not ready for boarding. Cleaners were still cleaning the plane after flight from KUL. Only 5 minutes after that, we were allowed to enter the plane. Issue here is : boarding can only be done after green light from the crew. Otherwise, gate handlers can't simply instruct passengers to board the aircraft.

While we were queueing to board the plane, 2 crews came out in hurry, FSS Norhidayah & FS Firdaus. They went to emergency stairs at the bridge, enter the door there and I did not know what happened behind the door. But when they came out, they smelled like ciggarettes. Quick pump before the 2 hours flights huh? I was near the stair door when they came out from that 'emergency' stairs. Smoking during boarding?

armed doors and cross checked, the flight took off on time.

Meal service, 2 meals were offered, pasta seafood, and chicken rice (sedap!)

But during meal service, REMEMBER MY PAPARAZZI PHOTO CAPTURED WHEN A FS USING HER HANDS TO CARRY DRINKS?

Well, here, not only 1 cup, but they served all passengers without tray at all.

I overheard their conversation,

"Hah...dah hilang tray kau?" said one of the UNNAMED FSS, she did not wear her nametag. So she has no name I guess.

"Malaslah......banyak sangat orang nak mintak air" said the other crew, she has a word GRACE on her nametag.

And, normally the will serve you from your front! But this time, I got my meal from my back, I had to turn to my back to get my meal.

The nervousness were there. The unnamed crew still managed to take her own sweet time to fold used juice pack while serving meal.

And normally, during meal service, when people asked for blanket or pillow, they will only give it after meal service. But with this set of crew, they halted the meal service, and call galley steward at the back to assist them with pillow request. LSS Khairunnisa suddenly appeard from front cabin, ask for the same thing, as she didn't have pillow in GCC. WTH?

And gentleman seated on 12C asked for coffee, and he did not get his coffee until the flight was about to descend. I was so kesian to the gentleman, I went to the galley, disturbing their happy hour time, reminding the crew about the coffee ordered by the gentleman. (there were 5 crews having party at the back including LSS Khairunnisa). I guess I can be the next cabin crew...hahahahah

Service wise, only LSS and the unnamed FSS were smiling. The rest, not even a smile from their face.

That's all. Just a little bit of my experience. Honestly, I didn't feel like flying MH. Only the kebaya and the plane color made them look like MH. Others, there are still many things to be learnt.

Why make a fuss of this issue? I have encountered not-so-friendly crew from AK as well.

MH proclaimed their cabin crews is the best in the world comes with expectation :pardon:

This is the story of AZAB crew

I was onboard MH2593 MYY KUL, Saturday 17.12.2011

After boarding announcement was made, we went to the gate and only to find that the plane is still not ready for boarding. Cleaners were still cleaning the plane after flight from KUL. Only 5 minutes after that, we were allowed to enter the plane. Issue here is : boarding can only be done after green light from the crew. Otherwise, gate handlers can't simply instruct passengers to board the aircraft.

While we were queueing to board the plane, 2 crews came out in hurry, FSS Norhidayah & FS Firdaus. They went to emergency stairs at the bridge, enter the door there and I did not know what happened behind the door. But when they came out, they smelled like ciggarettes. Quick pump before the 2 hours flights huh? I was near the stair door when they came out from that 'emergency' stairs. Smoking during boarding?

armed doors and cross checked, the flight took off on time.

Meal service, 2 meals were offered, pasta seafood, and chicken rice (sedap!)

But during meal service, REMEMBER MY PAPARAZZI PHOTO CAPTURED WHEN A FS USING HER HANDS TO CARRY DRINKS?

Well, here, not only 1 cup, but they served all passengers without tray at all.

I overheard their conversation,

"Hah...dah hilang tray kau?" said one of the UNNAMED FSS, she did not wear her nametag. So she has no name I guess.

"Malaslah......banyak sangat orang nak mintak air" said the other crew, she has a word GRACE on her nametag.

And, normally the will serve you from your front! But this time, I got my meal from my back, I had to turn to my back to get my meal.

The nervousness were there. The unnamed crew still managed to take her own sweet time to fold used juice pack while serving meal.

And normally, during meal service, when people asked for blanket or pillow, they will only give it after meal service. But with this set of crew, they halted the meal service, and call galley steward at the back to assist them with pillow request. LSS Khairunnisa suddenly appeard from front cabin, ask for the same thing, as she didn't have pillow in GCC. WTH?

And gentleman seated on 12C asked for coffee, and he did not get his coffee until the flight was about to descend. I was so kesian to the gentleman, I went to the galley, disturbing their happy hour time, reminding the crew about the coffee ordered by the gentleman. (there were 5 crews having party at the back including LSS Khairunnisa). I guess I can be the next cabin crew...hahahahah

Service wise, only LSS and the unnamed FSS were smiling. The rest, not even a smile from their face.

That's all. Just a little bit of my experience. Honestly, I didn't feel like flying MH. Only the kebaya and the plane color made them look like MH. Others, there are still many things to be learnt.

Nice insight. Maybe the only difference is from "Orange" to "Jelly", though they might pass as a LCC, they seems looked have failed to be a FSC; partly because many new faces I guess (from what I "overlooked" at the "appearance" of FY Jet's crews at KLIA last month...