MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2010

Anyone caught any CNY chartered flights?

I only saw Transasia. Not sure of another airlines but IIRC was informed KE upgraded their usual equipment. Unfortunately it's night flight. Too bad AK and MH have very good frequency for BKI - KUL so not much chance seeing upgraded equipment either from AK or MH. :(

Hi guys,

About 2 weeks ago was contacted by Paul Spijkers from A.net. He is a senior with more than 3,000 successful uploads from places all over the world. He said he will be in BKI for holiday and would like to do some spotting during the CNY period. So we meet up on the 17th for some spotting and were later joined by Taiko Sam. Here are some interesting shots from that day.

MQQ with cute cute nose.

BKI_9MMQQ_1397.jpg

Catch of the day. Got her the last season she was at BKI.

BKI_B22606_1405.jpg

Paul came for the MasWings ATRs so he's not disappointed. Was informed only the 3rd day in service for Whiskey Hotel.

BKI_9MMWH_1486.jpg

Last but not least, our very own MH A330. Nothing very special about it except it's the only wide-body scheduled for KUL - BKI in the afternoon. The other being the KUL - BKI - ICN flight at night.

BKI_9MMKS_1492.jpg

Cheers.

I arrived into BKI on the 21st Morning on BI, saw KE744 taxing out. Out 320 had to "turn" into the apron of Terminal 2 for it to take off before "turning back" into active runway and dock at Gate 2. China Eastern 320 from Pudong was there too...Lucky for BKI, always getting interesting traffic!

I arrived into BKI on the 21st Morning on BI, saw KE744 taxing out. Out 320 had to "turn" into the apron of Terminal 2 for it to take off before "turning back" into active runway and dock at Gate 2. China Eastern 320 from Pudong was there too...Lucky for BKI, always getting interesting traffic!

wow... couldn't believe KE744 come in the morning, when i still enjoying myself over Zulu Land. :(

btw, some spotting shots taken on past few days, and just now. :D

a RWY20 departure

_DSC8742.jpg

missed her arrival by 10 mins. :(

_DSC8762.jpg

something i missed on past few months. hehe...

_DSC8871-800.jpg

and something i never click on before!!!!

_DSC9251-800.jpg

_DSC9253-800.jpg

_DSC9255-800.jpg

_DSC9257-800.jpg

try compare #1 and #3, i don't know is me only or it was purposely done, i cannot see the Rego and the 5 words from behind, either picture or with on the spot. anyone of you know why?

pardon the extras Lamp Post. hehe... :D :drinks:

Edited by Samuel Chy

cicak.. apa benda itu japon plane do at bki?!?!!?

the reason why u cant see the rego is because the rudder is curved there, so it prevents u seeing that side of the rudder with the rego, actually u can see abit of it.. it is very faint :p

wow... couldn't believe KE744 come in the morning, when i still enjoying myself over Zulu Land. :(

_DSC9251-800.jpg

try compare #1 and #3, i don't know is me only or it was purposely done, i cannot see the Rego and the 5 words from behind, either picture or with on the spot. anyone of you know why?

pardon the extras Lamp Post. hehe... :D :drinks:

Hi Samuel, nice catch of that special plane at night. :good:

Regarding your question, I would say your #1 photo is over exposed. :rolleyes:

I converted your photo to B&W and you can actually see the rego faintly.

_DSC9251-800w.jpg

Play around with your original file by adjusting the brightness and contrast, I am sure you can see more clearly. ;)

Edited by Chaity

Hi Samuel, nice catch of that special plane at night. :good:

Regarding your question, I would say your #1 photo is over exposed. :rolleyes:

I converted your photo to B&W and you can actually see the rego faintly.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b33/chaity/_DSC9251-800w.jpg

Play around with your original file by adjusting the brightness and contrast, I am sure you can see more clearly. ;)

thanks bro! what a shame. :p

Oh man.. What a shame! I wanted to go spotting in BKI but I just don't have the time. Will be leaving at 1915hrs back to KUL today. I'd like to thank Samuel Chy for the info regarding spotting around BKI although I didn't get the chance to go. Maybe I can have a round of spotting before departure later :)

I saw this aircraft on final approach yesterday evening around 4pm and it departed at around 10 am this morning :rolleyes:

Due to tight security at the KKIA T1 and the cloudy weather, this were what I managed to shoot from a far distance....

_DSC7042r.jpg

This Royal Brunei Airways B767 was supposed to be parked at Gate 2 when it arrived but was directed to another gate since the Japan B744 was still at the open bay that time and ready to be departed.

_DSC7045r.jpg

This was one of the few shots before the this bird departed from KKIA T1.

_DSC7046r.jpg

Edited by Kenneth T

Was at the airport this morning and I saw a Japanese 747. Not sure what airline that was... looks a bit like an old JAL, but I'm sure it's not.

As i know This B744 is not belong to other airlines operating carrier, but this B744 is belong to the official goverments of Japanese (Prime minister)

Well, there's no flight schedule displayed on the KKIA T1 on this aircraft and the tight security within the close boundary of this plane speaks well that it's not an airlines operator... :rolleyes:

As for your info, the five words which shows in the rego was( The royal air force of Japan)

Bro,

Jalan Bunga Raya accessible, judging from your VL photo?

thanks Kenneth for the Departure pixes. and your pix proved that the t/o roar i heard just now is she! at 1030. :p

btw, just now around 3pm, i heard another unusual engine roar, should be Departure, but it's faster ,louder and sharper than usual t/o roar. anyone saw it?

:o Wah-laueh, Japang One @BKI :blink:

It's hard to imagine those sort of flights getting displayed on FID's anywhere !

Talking of FID and China eastern, snapped this last week

flightinfo.jpg

See the two MU flights at bottom right corner ?

One chartered, the other presumably is scheduled ?! :blink:

..... extension of runway 02 now operational ? .....

Uncle Pieter,

Still some way to go yet, and pace of works has slowed to near standstill :(

This pic shows situation as of 16 Feb

bkirunway.jpg

However, the remaining part of T1 (the remodelled old terminal) looks well on its way

There is a ton of updated pictures at skyscrapercity :)

:o Wah-laueh, Japang One @BKI :blink:

It's hard to imagine those sort of flights getting displayed on FID's anywhere !

Talking of FID and China eastern, snapped this last week

flightinfo.jpg

See the two MU flights at bottom right corner ?

One chartered, the other presumably is scheduled ?! :blink:

There was also EVA Air...