MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI 2010

Was at the T1 yesterday and saw a B737 "reverse" parked in the hangar. Does anyone knows usually how long does it takes to get a clean cert and fly again?

RM9m tourism Angpow for Sabah

Published on: Saturday, January 30, 2010

Kota Kinabalu: Come Feb 7, the Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) would be open round-the-clock to receive at least 3,000 Chinese visitors who are keen to celebrate the Lunar New Year in Sabah.

A total of 23 charter flights are scheduled to touch down from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan between Feb 7 and 24, bringing in the guests and subsequently generating an estimated RM9 million in revenue.

The 23 charter flights for this year's Lunar New Year surpass the 18 in 2009, bringing over 2,200 passengers to Sabah.

from Daily Express

So, what is flying in from where and when ?!!

Get ready folks !

:)

I'll be there till the 22nd. The Tanjung Aru hill looks like a vantage point. Is it accessible? Are there any Bulis that might chase you away?

I'll be there till the 22nd. The Tanjung Aru hill looks like a vantage point. Is it accessible? Are there any Bulis that might chase you away?

Tg Aru Hill? which one?

Hi guys,

Yesterday when arrive BKI from KUL on AK5112 saw a private jet with rego N100NG parked at T2 just in front of Sabah Flying Club. Unfortunately didn't have my camera with me and this morning she's gone. Not many photos of that jet on A.net though.

At last..it was accepted by A.net.Congrats! :clapping:

There is a saying "waited until the neck also became longer." :p I'd also received a personal message from the admin that this should qualify for priority screening but I recall putting something like that in the remarks column.

I will be onboard MH51 around 4.50pm tomorow will there be any nice plane to spot around that time? :rolleyes:

Edited by jahur

Brunei BI825, not sure will Silk Air come or not.

OK will propably taking pictures then ;)

Samuel,

Judging by your last picture: extension of runway 02 now operational ? (see position of AK A320)...

May I know when's the best time to go spotting to get the most variety of planes in BKI? Cheers!

around 1100-1400 then 1530-evening. but prepare urself some water, umbrella and something to kill your bored. XD just did a 1400-1730 spotting, traffic not much. but catched the latest MasWings. hehe

Thanks mate! I was thinking of going there in the evening around 1700 but was too tired after returning from the national park. Might be going on either Friday, Sunday or Monday.

Thanks mate! I was thinking of going there in the evening around 1700 but was too tired after returning from the national park. Might be going on either Friday, Sunday or Monday.

sunday highly not recomended. haha... unless you wan to expect for unexpected. :p

Why no Sunday? Poor traffic?

slow traffic. and no wide body. last time around 1100-1300 still got Dragon Air, which some time will send in their A330. if i not mistaken, they cancel their sunday flight. :(