MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
granger

Skytrax reviewing MH 5 star rating

As for the other points, they do help MH maintain the service level the passenger expect more or less, but the main issue is the older aircraft's seats and IFE options and they should invest in new ones, perhaps something more revolutionary this time, if they intend to keep them for a while longer. Also if you have flipped through international publications such as Time, Newsweek, National Geographic, RD etc. you will notice TG and SQ tend to put their advertisement there. Lack of brand awareness among premium passengers will remain a major hindrance to MH, no matter what hardware they put in their aircraft.

I agree with you about brand awareness. You always see SQ, CX and TG advertise in all the business magazines because they are aiming for the corporate market...front-end passengers. Rather than spend money on a football team, that money should be going towards advertising this way.

As for slogans, I really thought the Going Beyond Expectations was really good and i was disappointed when they changed it. I love SQ's A Great Way To Fly and TG's Smooth As Silk. Going Beyond Expectations sounds so much more elegant.

Just noticed on Skytrax that Malaysia Airlines 5 star rating is currently UNDER REVIEW. Its 5 star stars are also darken!

:lol:

If it's downgraded to 4 Star i generally hope they try their best next time with so many hiccups this year.

I agree with you about brand awareness. You always see SQ, CX and TG advertise in all the business magazines because they are aiming for the corporate market...front-end passengers. Rather than spend money on a football team, that money should be going towards advertising this way.

As for slogans, I really thought the Going Beyond Expectations was really good and i was disappointed when they changed it. I love SQ's A Great Way To Fly and TG's Smooth As Silk. Going Beyond Expectations sounds so much more elegant.

Going Beyond Expectations is generic, any airline can use it, whereas Malaysian Hospitality is uniquely Malaysian. What they should do is to continue to strengthen the message.

As for the football sponsor thing, well... :pardon:

It's only an assumption that any downgrade will be to 4 star status

Logically, there is also 3 star, 2 star, 1 star and most humiliatingly (for an ex-5 star entity) unclassified status :)

This may be a good thing for MAS actually. It'll finally make them realise of their shortcomings and hopefully incentivise them towards a true 5-star status comparable with the likes of other carriers.

MH does not deserve a 5-star ranking. 4-star at best, but 3-star the norm for most of its regional flights on ancient 734s and A330s. It's not so much the aircraft but the inability to upgrade the cabin or proper upkeep of the interior. MH can then stop pretending to be what it's not.

I believe this '5 star under review' thingy is done on an annual basis. Under review = Skytrax's 'audit' for MH. It happened in 2009, 2010 and now in 2011. MH is to keep their prized 5 star status that's for sure.

With the obsolete aircraft, MH still earned herself 5 Stars for 3 years consecutively. After the revamped of aircraft, would it be a 5 5 Stars? :lol:

Agreed. I think Malaysia is very good at coming out these slogans or mottoes.. like Going Beyond Expectations, Now Everyone Can Fly. Malaysia, Truly Asia!

be it 5, 4 or even 3...do you guys really FLY MH?

Or just FLY behind the keyboard?

but...MH 5 star status deserved to be reviewed to let them rebrand themselves, and put more effort on updating their software and hardware. but bear in mind, we live in a politicians dominated country, hence privatizing is not an option to save MH from bleeding!

we live in a politicians dominated country, hence privatizing is not an option to save MH from bleeding!

We live in an incompetent-politicians-dominated country, hence privatizing is the only option to save MH from bleeding.

I do when I don't have a choice and I consciously avoid them when it's an option. And I have sufficient experience with them to know where they could have done better, even with minimal incremental cost or virtually zero costs.

Do you FLY any other FSCs apart from MH and see what the other 5-star carriers are offering?

Having flown CX recently, I can say that MH has much better crew. CX put their best crew at the front, leaving younger ones at the back and some of them came across as arrogant and snobby.

Meal portions and lack of footrest, both are equal.

But CX excels miles ahead in cabin interior, IFE, menu card and towelette (with the last two, MH doesn't have them anymore).

I totally agree with you. I just flew CX yesterday and as usual, flight was delayed for an hour out of PEK with about 10x domestic flights jumping queue :angry: The senior flight attendants are definitely friendlier and always put on a smile on the face while the junior ones are mixed bags really. One of the junior F/A is very rude :nea:

Anyway, Dragonair is zillion times better than Cathay Pacific in my opinion :good:

I fly MAS at least twice a month and they are definitely not 5-star :rolleyes: It's more like a 4-star carrier, frankly speaking.

I totally agree with you. I just flew CX yesterday and as usual, flight was delayed for an hour out of PEK with about 10x domestic flights jumping queue mad.gif The senior flight attendants are definitely friendlier and always put on a smile on the face while the junior ones are mixed bags really. One of the junior F/A is very rude nea.gif

Anyway, Dragonair is zillion times better than Cathay Pacific in my opinion good.gif

I fly MAS at least twice a month and they are definitely not 5-star rolleyes.gif It's more like a 4-star carrier, frankly speaking.

Flights delay out of PEK is very normal...n domestic flights jumping queue is also quite normal....if u see the pix of planes I took under the PEK thread, it shows the number of Air China planes passing by my KA flight when waiting for our turn to take off.

I agree that KA F/A are better than CX F/A in general.......but to me CX is still much better than MH as so far my experience with MH F/A have not been good or impressive at all

Flights delay out of PEK is very normal...n domestic flights jumping queue is also quite normal....if u see the pix of planes I took under the PEK thread, it shows the number of Air China planes passing by my KA flight when waiting for our turn to take off.

I agree that KA F/A are better than CX F/A in general.......but to me CX is still much better than MH as so far my experience with MH F/A have not been good or impressive at all

No doubt PEK is set to build the biggest airport in the world.

I totally agree with you. I just flew CX yesterday and as usual, flight was delayed for an hour out of PEK with about 10x domestic flights jumping queue :angry: The senior flight attendants are definitely friendlier and always put on a smile on the face while the junior ones are mixed bags really. One of the junior F/A is very rude :nea:

Anyway, Dragonair is zillion times better than Cathay Pacific in my opinion :good:

My flight with CX was delayed for 45 minutes in HKG. Everyone was sweating like pigs in the 747. Our disembark was delayed for half an hour in AMS because aerobridge broke. Not happy. But the crew was quite attentive.

CX IFE is really good. It makes you so occupied that you don't care if their crew were bad.

There was once my flight WBKK-WMKK MH51 well i think the flight from Seoul (RKSI-WBKK-WMKK) A330.Our flight were delay for about 45 minutes.Well dint even care if its delay because I got more time to spot and see airplanes landing and others.While on the flight i seat with my brother(Buisness class) and my father seat other place.The crew can speak Korea.While the crew serving food my brother he watching many korea and japan show or movie.Soo my brother speak thank you and ask me to speak thank you in korea.Later some minutes suddenly 2 crew come and speak korea well not really can speak all just like thank you and the simples.Then suddenly come 4 crew.......I slept on the flight while landing my hear it hurt.(Hate too sleep in flight).An crew give me a plastic of candy.About 5 crew or maybe less come to me was like worried or something....I aslo sneeze on the flight.Then landed.Soo MH crew very friendly :)

I do when I don't have a choice and I consciously avoid them when it's an option. And I have sufficient experience with them to know where they could have done better, even with minimal incremental cost or virtually zero costs.

Do you FLY any other FSCs apart from MH and see what the other 5-star carriers are offering?

Yes I did. Been on a few FSC, i.e GA, QR, SQ, TG, TK, LX, and MS. So there are at least 2 5* carrier. Well, while both QR and SQ offers way much better products, I prefer to fly on MH as it doesn't involve many stopovers, and I am treated as Malaysian with our own hospitality.

But I did mention about politician dominated which has been seconded as incompetent politician alberttky, I do mean that MH really need to do something to attract their long gone passengers, perhaps somebody like MUSHRIF A. And of course, I hope the 5* status will be reviewed again by the respective organisation in allowing MH to improve their products

I, for one, do think MH is four star if not three stars airline. Took a flight with them recently. Nothing remarkable at all. The IFE was out of order, even if it worked, the movie line up and choices are outdated. Meal portion was small, it just keeps shrinking and shrinking. Reading materials selection was not too great either. <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blink.png" alt=":blink:">

The only saving grace was the crew, they were all very jovial and happy. Inside me, I am worry for them. They are great employee and put forth brave faces even though the management is freaking screwed up. Hope with the new management, things will turn around for good. :sorry: :sorry:

My experience so far with CX and MH, the differences are:

- MH with MUCH better FA. CX's FA were rude and doesn't smile. That's what i got in Y.

- CX has better fleet. This is quite personal but so true... I love CX's B773

- MH inflight meals are better

- Studio CX is better than Select

- MH has better seats... CX's new Y class seats were dreadful

- CX flights are more on time (as what I've experienced)

My experience so far with CX and MH, the differences are:

- MH inflight meals are better

Shouldn't the meals being handled by local airport i.e. CX and MH flights originating from KUL will be handled by KUL side and vice versa for HKG side?

Sign in to follow this