MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
granger

Skytrax reviewing MH 5 star rating

MAS seriously needs to ready those DO NOT DISTURB card or sticker. I noticed that many other airlines have this but not MAS.

I think it was about how the said flight attendant dealt with the situation. Flight attendants from many other airlines probably won't do so. They will collect the headphone themselves without waking up the passenger or if they couldn't find the headphone, they will simply leave it. And if i'm not mistaken, there is also no rule saying that everyone must stay awake during take-off and landing. We all know that many people would have dozed-off right away as soon as they settled in their respective seats especially on a midnight/overnight flight yet i've never seen flight attendants go around and wake them up :pardon:

Do Not Disturb Sign or Wake Me Up For Meal is available on Business Classes and above. For Economy Class, stick to the traditional way with the seatbelt fastened on top of the blanket and visible to the crews.

During long flight and sleep with a straightened chair? I don't think so...

Edited by Mike P

On a recent short SQ hop from KUL to SIN on A330, one gesture by the leading stewardess impressed me so much, I was left envious.

Happened in Y class doing pre-take off check. A passenger (window seat) was sleeping, both his legs was up, with knees pressed against the seat in front. His carry on bag was on the floor, in front of his seat. A steward tried to wake the passenger up to tell him to push the bag into the empty space below the seat in front of him, to no avail. The leading stewardess happened to walk pass and just gave the steward a tap on his shoulder to stop him from doing so. She then knelt down on the floor, pushed the bag into the space below the seat, thus avoid waking up the passenger. It was so spontaneous and effortless, I thought she must have done it regularly. Mind you it was not too easy to perform - with her tight kebaya and the passenger being seated on window seat...

I had an almost similar experience on MH. I was typing on my laptop and as the plane was pushed back, I was told to switch off everything. However. I was in a bulkhead window seat so the stewardess put it up into the overhead compartment for me. Then during take off, I dozed off. When I woke up, my laptop bag was in front of me again. Wow. How thoughtful, and that was in economy. Maybe these happen quite a lot for pax in bulkhead seats. I don't know...

Do Not Disturb Sign or Wake Me Up For Meal is available on Business Classes and above. For Economy Class, stick to the traditional way with the seatbelt fastened on top of the blanket and visible to the crews.

Without the DND sticker in Y, they will still wake you up during meal service.

Guess what ? I do.

Sign in to follow this