MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
granger

Skytrax reviewing MH 5 star rating

If one rate MH objectively and benchmark with SQ, TG, EY, EK, CX and GA will probably find MH 5 star for EY especially on regional is ‘syok sendiri’

Well, in terms of long-haul products...NO! In terms of medium haul/regional....NO! In terms of short haul, perhaps, cos I've got peanuts for a 45 min hop =)

Could you cite the bugs in detail so that I can forward it to the respective persons to rectify it.

1) Claim MH missing miles page never work. Always had to call, email or go to KL Sentral to get it sorted out.

2) Always greeted with options (Enrich has gone Online!) to pick e-statement etc. but never works. Submission is forgotten and repeated again every time one logs in (since 2009?)

3) Broken Links: Travel Planner does not go to Travel Planner page

4) Enrich miles redemption issues

- flexi return blanked out (believe this is a intended thing tho)

- issues when trying to book return flight - you can see the flight, but you click next you get an error screen

- website acts up and gives errors if you book a return flight from the same destination but different itinerary, altho it is an option in the screen. i.e. KUL - TPE direct, TPE-KUL via BKK - this reservation gets an error

Another bug (intended?) : "The fare you selected is no longer available" when you click on the selected flight, and higher fares are being displayed. Some may call this bait and switch tactic...

Same here - except that I only support products that show excellence and good value for money. I do not want to promote mediocrity.

Most of the local products screw the locals - cars, internet services, security services, social services, now potentially aviation services!

Most of the local products screw the locals - cars, internet services, security services, social services, now potentially aviation services!

Couldn't agree more!

I will perhaps get flame for this, but I am gonna say it anyway: Those who say MH REALLY deserves 5 stars ranking are those who are living in the past. MH current hard products are NOWHERE NEAR 5 stars ranking! Only soft product save its grace. Ditto! Fullstop! Period!

I will perhaps get flame for this, but I am gonna say it anyway: Those who say MH REALLY deserves 5 stars ranking are those who are living in the past. MH current hard products are NOWHERE NEAR 5 stars ranking! Only soft product save its grace. Ditto! Fullstop! Period!

:clapping: :drinks: :yahoo:

Agreed........however all of us hope one day we can eat back what we said about MH as I'm sure we all want MH to be back to their glory days but its still nowhere to be seen ....

Agreed........however all of us hope one day we can eat back what we said about MH as I'm sure we all want MH to be back to their glory days but its still nowhere to be seen ....

Indeed we do. But whether it really happens remains to be seen.

Favouritism Protectionism breeds complacency, ignorance and arrogance.

No flames or brickbats for you, but bouquets from me!!

Sometimes I wonder if MH sources product feedback from folks who only fly MH...the "inbreeding" is unhealthy.

Edited by Mushrif A

So MH is no longer a de facto 5 star Airlines as many have given the opinions here. Let's see what Skytrax can do about it. However, for cases like this, there usually should be a given grace period.

Simply means Skytrax will inform MH is no longer a 5 star Airlines due to the list of following reasons and MH is given a month or 2 months to improve, else, title would be stripped.

That's what I would presume.

So MH is no longer a de facto 5 star Airlines as many have given the opinions here. Let's see what Skytrax can do about it. However, for cases like this, there usually should be a given grace period.

Simply means Skytrax will inform MH is no longer a 5 star Airlines due to the list of following reasons and MH is given a month or 2 months to improve, else, title would be stripped.

In my opinion, MH should b stripped of the 5star tagging...so the whole management n hopefully the staff of MH can take this as a wake up call to strive forward and improve rather than threathening to picket over the AK-MH deal......

However, if Skytrax is appointed as consultant, grace period could last one or two years while under evaluation.

Sorry, I may have underestimated the grace period, probably months won't be sufficient. Since it make take years for an airlines to strive becoming a 5 star airlines, it may also take years for an airlines to be on the right track after derailing too.

I won't be emotional or taking advantages to curse MH to be dragged down from a 5 star airlines due to its presence position in terms of strategy alliance and business deal. If whatever it offers to customer is still deemed professional and good as judged by professional people from Skytrax, then it's still good.

I personally not sure how Skytrax did the evaluation. While MH won the best Economy Class award, many doubt it, yet still, MH won. Perhaps not just the food and beverages or in-flight entertainment that available on board, it also count other factors like friendliness and attentiveness of cabin staffs which very much contributed to the factors.

The moment we met our guest from PEK at KUL yesterday, he complained of MH J-class service is inferior to SQ and CX, is comparable to Chinese airlines. He cited; cc woke up him up for brunch while other airlines would have serve his meal later. Cc woke him up again unnecessary just to collect his headphone which was on the seat divider :pardon:

The moment we met our guest from PEK at KUL yesterday, he complained of MH J-class service is inferior to SQ and CX, is comparable to Chinese airlines. He cited; cc woke up him up for brunch while other airlines would have serve his meal later. Cc woke him up again unnecessary just to collect his headphone which was on the seat divider :pardon:

I think the flight attendant was doing the right job. It's mentioned and regular in most of the airlines. If your're blanketed with your seatbelt on top visible, then you shall not be awakened for meal or any unnecessary events. By means of collecting the headphones, it simply means the aircraft shall be touching down soon and all passengers must stay concious. So what's wrong with that?

No I dont want MH to go back to their glory days. I want that Wau to stop flying completely, and all their planes repainted in AirAsia colors, or any other airline colors, or sold as scrap metal.

MAS is a good representation of everything wrong with the business climate of this country. Like other GLCs, it is just another one of the political chess pieces for the current regime's cronies to move endlessly around the board.

There is nothing wrong with MAS management, they are not stupid, they know what is wrong with the carrier, and they know how to fix it. The problem is they are NOT ALLOWED to, as they have to answer to higher ups in government, who dont know jack about airlines, but make the ultimate decisions on everything.

SO Please, stop bashing MAS staff. Pity them, and tell them to quit their jobs and seek better futures. The sooner this Wau comes down, the better for all of us.

Some people say that Skytrax will be shamed if they downgrade MH 5 star rating, but I think it will actually gain back its value and reputation as a truly independent authority. Right now Skyrax review is just bollocks too. I'd rather take many other non 5 star airlines than the so called 5 stars of Skytrax.

Agree on your point about politicians knowing nuts about running airlines. It is not just the UMNO/BN politicians. Opposition and independent MPs are also in the same boat. Capital and labour intensive industries like the airline industry do not need much to tip them over. The govt. keeps bailing out MH because it was they who screwed them up in the first place.

Yes, ultimately this country is probably better if all its airlines are privately owned and managed.

Agree on your point about politicians knowing nuts about running airlines. It is not just the UMNO/BN politicians. Opposition and independent MPs are also in the same boat. Capital and labour intensive industries like the airline industry do not need much to tip them over. The govt. keeps bailing out MH because it was they who screwed them up in the first place.

Yes, ultimately this country is probably better if all its airlines are privately owned and managed.

If there's non of the talents could be found in Malaysia to lead MH, can we hire someone from other nations? Or we should probably just merge with other airlines?

On a recent short SQ hop from KUL to SIN on A330, one gesture by the leading stewardess impressed me so much, I was left envious.

Happened in Y class doing pre-take off check. A passenger (window seat) was sleeping, both his legs was up, with knees pressed against the seat in front. His carry on bag was on the floor, in front of his seat. A steward tried to wake the passenger up to tell him to push the bag into the empty space below the seat in front of him, to no avail. The leading stewardess happened to walk pass and just gave the steward a tap on his shoulder to stop him from doing so. She then knelt down on the floor, pushed the bag into the space below the seat, thus avoid waking up the passenger. It was so spontaneous and effortless, I thought she must have done it regularly. Mind you it was not too easy to perform - with her tight kebaya and the passenger being seated on window seat...

Edited by V Wong

He cited; cc woke up him up for brunch while other airlines would have serve his meal later.

MAS seriously needs to ready those DO NOT DISTURB card or sticker. I noticed that many other airlines have this but not MAS.

Cc woke him up again unnecessary just to collect his headphone which was on the seat divider :pardon:

By means of collecting the headphones, it simply means the aircraft shall be touching down soon and all passengers must stay concious. So what's wrong with that?

I think it was about how the said flight attendant dealt with the situation. Flight attendants from many other airlines probably won't do so. They will collect the headphone themselves without waking up the passenger or if they couldn't find the headphone, they will simply leave it. And if i'm not mistaken, there is also no rule saying that everyone must stay awake during take-off and landing. We all know that many people would have dozed-off right away as soon as they settled in their respective seats especially on a midnight/overnight flight yet i've never seen flight attendants go around and wake them up :pardon:

Edited by Isaac

Sign in to follow this