MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Wah....

KLIA2 feels so.....Changi-ish.

Also i presume Left gates will be Ps, and the Right ones will be Qs.

So you have to mind your Ps and Qs?

Also the biggest irony will be people NOT queuing up at the Q gates.

alking about maintenance for KUL, anyone feels that the MTB is getting darker and darker at night by the year? Did they change to a lower watt bulb?..

Thats very true,in every time i land in KLIA it seems to be getting glomier and darker. I though its my eyesight getting worst!

Edited by jadivindra

even last wed when i took a flight out, the air conditioning in KLIA was almost like not working properly and its actually fairly warm inside the transit area.

talking about maintenance for KUL, anyone feels that the MTB is getting darker and darker at night by the year? Did they change to a lower watt bulb?

HKG is as old as KUL, yes still looks modern and new. KUL looks old already...

HKG is as old as KUL, yes still looks modern and new. KUL looks old already...

Changi T1 is more than 30 years old and it looks better than KUL.

Changi T1 is more than 30 years old and it looks better than KUL.

It only looks so after the extensive renovation, a very successful one i must say. Anyway, it is more fair to compare KUL with HKG as both airports opened in the same year and have not gone through any big renovation or facelift thus far. And i agree that the HKIA authority has done a far better job in maintaining HKG. Everything still looks so new and spotless.

The only reno MAHB done thus far was to make it crowded, hot and ugly by cramming retail shops and counters. I just hate how the trees in satellite building are now almost hidden out of sight by retail counters, how you have to navigate across bumps and uneven floor due to hidden wires and cables, how 'pasar malam' atmosphere the retail counters appear.. Haphazard indeed for the sake of generating more revenue. Grrrrr!

Hot hot hot from our spy at the AK Gossip Division:

Berkenaan KLIA2, Terminal akan bukak on the 2nd, tapi AK takkan pindah lagi - only Malindo, Tiger and Cebu.

Rahsia: MAHB offer Uncle Tony a deal where they akan rectify all shortcomings first sebelum AK pindah ke KLIA2 at a much later date. TF belum buat keputusan lagi tapi yang confirm AK akan pindah much later than the 2nd probably somewhere in September/October. We were semua dah prepare with many departments dah freeze annual leave and stuff for the last week of April/first week of May.

Cracks in klia2’s taxiway, apron, aircraft bay raise safety, opening-delay fears

Safety concerns have been further raised following the discovery of cracks in the oft-delayed budget terminal klia2's taxiway, apron and at least one aircraft bay, just weeks after the terminal building failed an inspection for fire and safety standards.

The Malaysian Insider obtained a set of photographs taken recently showing cracks and undulating surface in the taxiway leading to the 3.96km runway, apart from cracks in the aircraft apron and bay areas that could delay the budget terminal's opening scheduled for May 2.

"The taxiway is crucial because as it is, there are more than 300 take-offs and landings in the current low-cost carrier terminal with fully loaded planes. Any cracks will be a safety concern for airlines landing there," a source told The Malaysian Insider.

Continue reading at http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/cracks-in-klia2s-taxiway-apron-aircraft-bay-raise-safety-opening-delay-fear

Honestly, does it surprise you?