MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Well I think TR did it in Changi. Likewise 3K and I believe AK in Changi as well.

Perhaps they should really start to be more stringent with the 1 piece hand carry luggage ruling.

How could anyone mixup between MH & FY? One's flying a jet the other a turboprop!

MH and FY do code share - pax may be a little confused due to similar codes. If they are foreigners or are not aircraft savvy, the flight numbers are all they have to identify their flights.

They WILL follow instructions if said ground staff bother to check up on paxs' boarding slip to ensure people are not boarded out of sequence

I think the 25 min turnaround time with AK pressures the staff to move people along - on my last flight on AK (international), they did check the boarding pass before allowing us on to the tarmac and again, before allowing us up the stairs.

With D7, boarding was largely orderly due to the longer turnaround times - one advantage of me choosing seats in the quiet zone is that I can use the front stairs to board, so no queue.

Most of the times once boarding is announced everybody rushed to get into into the aeroplane not for the seat but for the overhead compartment to keep their bags which most of us never tend to follow the ruling anyway.

Yes, too many kiasu's.

My recent trip on D7 was good - no shortage of space on the overhead compartments. But having a seat in the quiet zone did help as there were fewer pax in our section. Also D7 are now rigorously enforcing their Hot Seats - they are not allowing normal pax to occupy those seats, even if they are empty. Those who paid for hot seats will not feel cheated that way.

With AK, they really should enforce the hand luggage limits more tightly, especially to "third world mentality" destinations like Indonesia and India. The A320 overheads are usually bursting with hand luggage. A combination of enforcement and lower rates for luggage might encourage more people not to carry on so much.

My only hope: They don't follow the new DPS airport. That stupid terminal forces you to walk THROUGH the duty free, THROUGH the food court before going to the gate......

My only hope: They don't follow the new DPS airport. That stupid terminal forces you to walk THROUGH the duty free, THROUGH the food court before going to the gate......

Knowing MAB, they will love to help you lighten up your load, especially your wallet. Expect to go thru all the shops before finally finding your aircraft.

Knowing MAB, they will love to help you lighten up your load, especially your wallet. Expect to go thru all the shops before finally finding your aircraft.

well that's how they plan to make money....then again many airports in the world have the same concept....

once of the worse experience I had going through duty free to the gates is at Abu Dhabi airport Etihad Terminal....

even in ZRH you now need to walk along this curving path all through the duty free shop at arrivals, and you also end up in the middle of the duty free shop when you pass through security at departure.

Well, airlines (esp. LCCs) are squeezing airports on their charges. So airports need to turn to commercial shoplots to recoup that loss in revenue. Walking through their shopping mall before boarding the aircraft makes it more enjoyable - its just that you need to give more time to get to your aircraft as you may be distracted! ;)

My lil brother who works for an airline as a check in and gate agent tells me the biggest obstacle to getting a flight dispatched on time is people getting lost in duty free shops. When paging all these "last passengers on flight so and so" - the first place he goes is the duty free area. Most of the time they're found there, having lost all sense of time.

even in ZRH you now need to walk along this curving path all through the duty free shop at arrivals, and you also end up in the middle of the duty free shop when you pass through security at departure.

Just like SYD :(

Sorry not much interest in the local duty free. It's cheaper at the other airport, maybe even on board the plane.

Everything is more expensive in Malaysia Airports!