MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

KLIA2 - New Mega Low Cost Carriers Terminal

Very impressive lineup of tenants. I think they will attract people from KLIA too, especially if it;s just rm2.

Didn't know that Malaysia has WHSmith and Desigual now. I thought Victoria's Secret would be too premium for a LCCT.

The airside transit hotel is (conceptually) a blessing to AK and D7 (extremely handy when one involves with long transit in KUL between AK/D7 flights). Hopefully it will be priced according to the majority of the masses it serves.

The airside transit hotel is (conceptually) a blessing to AK and D7 (extremely handy when one involves with long transit in KUL between AK/D7 flights). Hopefully it will be priced according to the majority of the masses it serves.

I bet it will be the Tune Hotel :D

WHSmith and Marrybrown!!! My two essential shops!!!

Err....Victoria's Secret?? Souvenir for girlfriend?? "Look honey, I bought this in Malaysia!'...lolx....I think it is the first South East Asia store. I don't think even Singapore has it......Not bad wea, #1!

Edited by JuliusWong

hmm.. if there will be ERL into KLIA2.. wonders how it will affect the business of both skybus and lcct yellow buses?

Most people will most likely still vote with their wallets :)

Err....Victoria's Secret?? Souvenir for girlfriend?? "Look honey, I bought this in Malaysia!'...lolx....I think it is the first South East Asia store. I don't think even Singapore has it......Not bad wea, #1!

Available at Pavilion and BKK.

Desigual could be found at Parkson KLCC and Pavillion, KL for years already....

Didn't know that Malaysia has WHSmith and Desigual now. I thought Victoria's Secret would be too premium for a LCCT.

Desigual just opened a store in Changi T3 not so long ago - I love their clothes, very colourful and a great pick me up. I'm liking this LCCT2 more already :)

hmm.. if there will be ERL into KLIA2.. wonders how it will affect the business of both skybus and lcct yellow buses?

ERL confirmed via press that the fare remains at RM35 for both the Main Terminal and KLIA2. So won't affect the buses so much if they maintain their current RM8/RM9 fares.

I bet it will be the Tune Hotel

Trust it will be highly likely the same operator of the airside transit hotel at the Satellite.

Although the article mentioned that ERL is expecting its ridership to increase by 40%, I am confident that the bulk of KLIA2's passengers will still travel to the terminal by the red and yellow buses Those who opted to travel by ERL to KLIA2 are probably the minority rich who like/have to travel on LCCs or simply those who are late for their flights. During panic time, we can always rely on ERL to bring you to the airport on time. Happened to me on so many occasions. Seriously for RM 35 one way, some AK flights would cost less than that.

WHSmith and Marrybrown!!! My two essential shops!!!

There's already one Victoria's Secret at the Satellite. I think it has been around for about a year now. Seems like their business is doing well in Malaysia.

Maybe Uncle Tony would bring the Angels down here someday for a showdown? Wishful thinking.

Agreed about Marrybrown. They have come a long way. Used to frequent their outlet at UUM Sintok and Great Wall supermarket in Segamat during my early years. Memories!

Tune Hotels To Close Existing Hotel In LCCT Once It Opens New Hotel In KLIA2

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 16 (Bernama) -- Tune Hotels Group plans to close its existing budget hotel in the present low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) in Sepang, once it opens a new Tune Hotel at KLIA2 in Sepang, December next year.

Commercial Director David Lusteaux said the new hotel at KLIA2 will be connected with the terminal KLIA2.

"We will be opening a brand new hotel (at KLIA2) with 400 rooms and the existing Sepang's Tune Hotel will be in operation until the new hotel opens its doors," he told reporters at the hotel group's fifth anniversary celebrations here Friday.

Lusteaux said besides KLIA2, the group also planned to open another 20 Tune Hotels next year in India, Australia, as well as in the United Kingdom, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia.

Lusteaux said its first landmark hotel located in downtown Kuala Lumpur was the second to be refreshed and given a "make-over", after its Ipoh branch.

KLIA2 to be profitable in first year

PETALING JAYA (Nov 20, 2012): Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) expects KLIA2 in Sepang will be profitable in its first year of operations, given the rental revenue secured coupled with the higher retail revenue it will be able to generate, said OSK Research Sdn Bhd analyst Ahmad Maghfur Usman.

He estimates that KLIA2's opening will boost the airport operator's revenue collection from retail, rental and royalties from RM936 million in the current financial year ending Dec 31 2012 (FY12) to RM1.37 billion in FY14.

"(MAHB) management guided that KLIA2 will be profitable in its first year... The utilisation rate is expected to jump to 50% next year, with (soon-to-be-launched) Malindo Airways expected to bring in at least 1.5 million departing passengers each year once it has 12 aircraft in operation, growing it by an aggressive 15% per year as it expands its Malaysian base further ahead," said Ahmad Maghfur in a report yesterday.

Although higher maintenance and operational costs are likely to be incurred by the new low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT), they are unlikely to be a drag on its overall profitability.

"Any drag in earnings will only come in the form of a higher depreciation expense incurred, which will likely balloon from RM211 million currently to RM456 million in FY13, given that the RM4 billion costs of constructing KLIA2 will only be able to be depreciated at the remaining life of the concession, which is only 10 years.

"However, we understand that the management is hopeful that the once the government gives a green light for the extension of another 25 years sometime next year, this will positively boost MAHB's bottomline given the substantially lower depreciation cost incurred once its depreciation life is extended by another 25 years," he added.

Ahmad Maghfur said KLIA2 is expected to be a game changer and a cash cow for MAHB from FY14 in the absence of major capital expenditure, which may see the airport operator generating free cash flow of at least RM420 million per year.

The new terminal, which is scheduled to be operational by May 1 next year, is capable of handling up to 45 million passengers and is expected to reach 50% capacity by the first year of operations.

"Come FY14, MAHB's revenue is expected to further expand by 38% from the RM2.15 billion it will register this year.

"A significant portion of the total will be derived from higher rental collected from KLIA2 as it will offer over four times the retail space at the existing LCCT," said Ahmad Maghfur.

Although operation costs are expected to surge 32%, he expects the incremental flow to MAHB's earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (Ebitda) to grow by 46% from RM840 million in 2012 to RM1.23 billion in FY14, while its revenue will surge by 38% from RM2.15 billion to RM2.96 billion.

"We are tweaking our numbers which now incorporate higher operation costs for FY13, to be on the conservative side.

"For FY14, we are raising our revenue projection as we are factoring in a passenger service charge (PSC) hike, which is likely to be subsidised by the government, and higher rental income from KLIA2," he said, adding that his FY14 forecast earnings for MAHB are nudged up by 15%.

"It is uncertain what the quantum of the upcoming PSC hike would be, but based on an inflation pass-through formula, we estimate that any hike is likely to affect at least 15% of international passengers departing from non-low cost terminals and 15% of domestic passengers departing from any terminal," said Ahmad Maghfur.

Ahmad Maghfur also sees MAHB enjoying "great potential" in developing its massive 22,156-acre landbank.

"In the near term, as much as 50 acres may be allocated for a commercial business district, free commercial zone for warehousing and logistics, and possibly a theme park... a factory outlet and Haj pilgrimage terminal are (also) slated for completion sometime end-2013 to mid-2014.

"Within the next five years, the area could also include a golf resort and an auto city," he added.

OSK is maintaining a "buy" call on MAHB at RM5.83, with a fair value of RM8.

Source: http://www.thesundaily.my/news/544840

Related article: http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/MAHB19/Article/

KLIA2 to be profitable in first year

It could be profitable in only the first few months of operation should the construction cost did not balloon to what it is now... and not to mention the maintenance cost for the next few decades... opps...

AirAsia's Tony Fernandes becomes MP's whipping boy

AirAsia founder Tony Fernandes today came under attack in the Dewan Rakyat, with MPs blaming AirAsia for Malaysia Airline Sytem's woes, and allegedly putting KLIA2's sustainability at risk.

"This KLIA2 is being built merely to accommodate AirAsia. Recently, AirAsia said it will not use KLIA2. What risks are the government taking if AirAsia decides not to (use it)?

"Or is it better that they don't (as) we all know Tony Fernandes is the biggest scoundrel in the world. He takes 100 percent profits for all his ventures," Bung Mokhtar Radin (BN-Kinabatangan) said.

http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/214753

Tony Fernandes set to hire and fire on AXN’s 'The Apprentice Asia'

November 15, 2012 3:50pm

71 27 1 985

SINGAPORE – Are you young, bold, with big dreams of working for one of Asia’s billionaires? If so, you might just be the one we are looking for in the brand new Asian adaptation of The Apprentice!

320_the%20apprentice%20asia.jpgThe Apprentice Asia will be the brand new original production on AXN Asia, with Asia’s very own tycoon and Forbes Asia’s 2010 ‘Asia Businessman of the Year’ – Tony Fernandes – most well-known for turning around ailing airline Air Asia and breaking even within a year of taking over. Modelled after the US format, the reality series will be helmed by reality TV guru Mark Burnett (The Voice, Survivor) and Fremantlemedia Asia, a leading global entertainment company. The winning apprentice will stand to walk away with a dream job under Tony Fernandes.

The call for participation begins November 15. We are looking for aspiring and successful entrepreneurs with big business ideas, from backgrounds in various enterprises from sales and marketing, real estate, accounting to consulting management.

Criteria for auditions

- 21 years and above

- Currently living or working in Asia; with a valid passport of at least six months

- Well-versed in English

If you think you fulfill the above criteria, download the application form right now. Interested applicants will be required to fill up the application form and send in a video of maximum four minutes to introduce themselves.

All entries must reach us by December 16 at midnight Singapore time. Grab this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the ultimate job interview. You just might be one to outwit and outlast the rest – you’re hired!

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/282403/cbb/tony-fernandes-set-to-hire-and-fire-on-axns-the-apprentice-asia

Yeah right! Is Donald Trump going to blast Tony if this going to outdo the original one? How absurd!

YB Kinabatangan should apply.

Never say never

In few months time, he may need to - there are perhaps some high maintenance issues to upkeep :)

Recently, AirAsia said it will not use KLIA2. What risks are the government taking if AirAsia decides not to (use it)?

When did they say this?

The MP is ill informed. AK has issued press releases about their commitment to KLIA2 like a month earlier. Even the floor plan of their office has been leaked in this forum.

MH's woes are not because of TF.

No issue at all in my opinion. Should not be making headlines in the first place.

First thing that came to my mind is for the record Kinabatangan is the ONLY area in Sabah where foreigners outnumber locals, at least on paper. Based on 2010 population census foreigners outnumber locals 4 to 1. Effectively this piece of land does not belong to Malaysian. :p

http://www.thegreenm...on-in-2010.html

Edited by Waiping