MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Charenjit Gill

Kota Kinabalu International Airport to open tomorrow

Wow, airport also sells frozen seafood. Sam, next time you come to peninsular, please tapao Nepoleon fish meat for me ok :lol:

Wow, what a difference !!!

Looks very 'Malaysian' though, quite some similarities to KLIA and Kuching airports :blink:

Thanks a lot for sharing these wonderful shots, Sam :pardon:

Wow...very HKG...with "Bodyshop" somemore...I so envy la BKI is so nice and canggih?? Too bad KCH is so alang2...why nobody want to invest in Sarawak's tourism industry isit??

Cant wait to visit BKI,will fly in on Friday and onwards to Lahad Datu...I sense a TR coming soon...hahaha! Stay tuned people...it is "KENNETH and his invasion of BKI and LDU!!"

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Royal Brunei, no board yet.

DSC_8362.jpg

I think they might not have any sign board....since the small sign are there. (save cost) :rolleyes:

Royal Brunei

for foreign airline?

DSC_8384.jpg

FYI, in the meantime...island A is for foreign airline. Island B for MAS.

TQ!! :drinks:

[M

DSC_8397.jpg

Free set meal was given by Mc D on the 18Aug. Anyone lucky to have it???

I can't wait to view the photos of the new airport. Please guys from the east, snapped some photos and share with us. :yahoo:

Errr...you can view some of my KKIA pix (pre opening) at Observation Hill => BKI spotting = > around page 60s.

Sorry i am new to this.....so i posted the pix in the wrong site earlier.

Tks! :drinks:

Edited by Yoong

thanks for the kind reply there, guys!! :drinks:

Simon, sure no problem, but will there any free transportation within KLIA/LCCT and Melacca? :rofl:

Pieter, what can we expect?? same boss?? :pardon: btw, at least something different. agree?

Kenneth, if not mistaken the body shop exist since long time ago. :D btw, any spare time for we to hang out when you are in town?

thanks a lot for the information, Yoong. really hope that one day we can meet face to face. a drink session? :D

Simon, sure no problem, but will there any free transportation within KLIA/LCCT and Melacca? :rofl:

No worries Sam, I'll wait for your arrival :p

thanks for the kind reply there, guys!! :drinks:

thanks a lot for the information, Yoong. really hope that one day we can meet face to face. a drink session? :D

thanks for the invitation. very nice of you.

BTW, the OZ pix u taken with the dried fishes and candles....is a kind of ceremony to chase away bad spirit.

Edited by Yoong

Nice!! At least from level 3 it looks different

So when the whole thing complete, the domestic will shift to the now uncompleted portion?

Kenneth, don't expect the airport will as crowded as like pasar malam once it start operation.

Nick, it really very different! because we totally cannot see the airside! :cray:

Kenneth, don't expect the airport will as crowded as like pasar malam once it start operation.

Nick, it really very different! because we totally cannot see the airside! :cray:

Sam, I'm confused.. should i laugh or should I weep? :p

Sam, I'm confused.. should i laugh or should I weep? :p

what make you confused? my engrish? :D no worry, you may laugh on loud. i will use Dragon Air to make you cry. :rofl:

maybe an observation deck will be built at the other wing. notice the round tip of the building on the far right (of the rendering)? possible??

Edited by @rt

maybe an observation deck will be built at the other wing. notice the round tip of the building on the far right (of the rendering)? possible??

@rt,

Is this your 'real' name?

hopefully... :lol: if things come true, sure that we can take some nice shots from there! :yahoo:

Surprisingly, the new KKIA T1 Terminal seems reather quiet....

I drove up to departure level around noon on 19th and save for a couple of police/security chaps hanging around and a couple of merc's and ninja's double parked, the place looked deserted. I was almost convinced the move to new T1 had been abandoned, perhaps due to system cock-up ?!

Then luckily we had Sam's pictorial narration, whew !

So when the whole thing complete, the domestic will shift to the now uncompleted portion?

I assume you mean the 'yet to be demolished and rebuilt portion' there ? :)

My guess is there won't be any segregation of domestic / mix / international traffic. More likely the gates at the "uncompleted portion" will cater for narrowbodies whlist the current four double bridged gates will handle the widebodies ?

And the round bit at the end yet to be built looks like it's for props, eg. the ATR's that cannot make use of the aerobridges

Yoong, can comment ?

Visited the new terminal today..

The only criticism is it looks deserted,and only have 2 restaurants for the whole terminal...MCD and Asian Kitchen...Really expected more FnB outlets,because of the so-called expansion programme and the anticipated number of passengers going thru this airport...

One more thing,there's 4 check in islands...Who will occupy the remaining 2of the Islands as MAS uses only 2...Will AK uses it or are they gonna stay??...

And what will be on the remaining part of the terminal which is yet to be built???Will it be another passngers only complexor will it be another public complex,that we can access though we're no flying??