MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Charenjit Gill

Kota Kinabalu International Airport to open tomorrow

what make you confused? my engrish? :D no worry, you may laugh on loud. i will use Dragon Air to make you cry. :rofl:

Your english is good, just dunno whether its appropriate to laugh or to weep about having no obs deck.. same fate like kch.. but anyways.. lets hope the last phase will have the obs deck, which i am sure there is.. coz .. i noe there's one :blink:

If is not suppose to be crowded but it shouldnt be quiet for a new airport. The amount of traffic should at least be the same as before. Operations will at least gone messy..rite?

AK still at T2 (LCCT)

thanks for the info..

if i'm not mistaken, the T2 is a new building as well right????

because i was there few month ago, thought that it was T1 due to it look new to me.

AK still at T2 (LCCT)

At the moment AK still in T2. When old T1 demolish and rebuild, all the foriegn airlines (BI,KA,OZ and KE) will move to that building. Then AK will take over the whole row of foriegn airlines office in the new terminal building now.

MH and AK will become adik beradik in this new terminal building. Hopefully in 2 year time. :drinks:

thanks for the info..

if i'm not mistaken, the T2 is a new building as well right????

because i was there few month ago, thought that it was T1 due to it look new to me.

Yes, T2 is a new building. Open early this year (if I am not worng).

Yes, T2 is a new building. Open early this year (if I am not worng).

Operational Jan last year (2007) lah !

Time flies eh :)

At the moment AK still in T2. When old T1 demolish and rebuild, all the foriegn airlines (BI,KA,OZ and KE) will move to that building. Then AK will take over the whole row of foriegn airlines office in the new terminal building now.

MH and AK will become adik beradik in this new terminal building. Hopefully in 2 year time. :drinks:

whole row? will AK need such large office? :pardon: and MAHB didn't leave some empty lots for future foreign airline? :cray:

btw, i spotted the new board of RBA also, but when i take the photo of the office with new board, the door still fully tinted! so far, we got three version of RBA office door. :p from RBA sticker on the door to fully tinted door and now with "semi-tinted???" door. hehe...

what?!! BI, KA, OZ, KE will move to T2??! only AK n MH in T1??! did i hear that right??!

NOooo..................!!! :(

i'd like to see the terminal coloured with many different airlines and planes... y move them to T2?!! :sorry:

Arthur...The airline offices you mentioned will be moved to the unrenovated part of the T1 building a.k.a old T1 Building now,not to T2..

I sure hope the epansion got some waving/spotting area..The terminal now,isolates us from the aircrafts.

Arthur...The airline offices you mentioned will be moved to the unrenovated part of the T1 building a.k.a old T1 Building now,not to T2..

I sure hope the epansion got some waving/spotting area..The terminal now,isolates us from the aircrafts.

I agree with you.

Just wanna ask those wo've tried Asian Kitchen at level 3.How's the price??KLIA-ish or still reasonable??

haven't try it out. how about this Sat afternoon go hang at there? :p

I haven't try it out but my advice is...please bring lot of $$$$$. Very expensive. If I am not wrong they are the previous "The Mouth Restaurant" in old KKIA T1.

Has this Asian Kitchen at BKI T1 anything to do with the one at mezz level at T2 ?

What about the one at KLIA LCCT ?

just saw this post, It's a beautiful airport :wub: - Now its comparable to KLIA, comparing it to Penang International - miss world (KK) against plain jane...

the interiors are very KLIA-ish, right to the check in aisles, ceiling, lightings, glass walls and fixtures... new pride of Kota Kinabalu!

nice shots Samuel... thanks for the insight views (including airline offices) on KKIA, your pictures and description makes it a "must visit soon..." hehehhe!!!

Hehe,hav to see first Sam...The Ramadhan nearly begun,I expect to have lots of work this weekend,but I'll try to find sometime nonetheless..Last night I saw Meor fetching her mother at the airport,he didn't see me though..

Has this Asian Kitchen at BKI T1 anything to do with the one at mezz level at T2 ?

These restaurants belong to paklah's family B)

Bet my 2 cents, they will be the next restaurants to be awarded 'restaurant of the year or best restaurant' by MAHB.

:drinks:

These restaurants belong to paklah's family B)

It figures, apparently they have attained quite a reputation for cooking things up recently :)

Have not come across any review that advocates palability of the stuff being dished out though ! :D

It figures, apparently they have attained quite a reputation for cooking things up recently :)

Have not come across any review that advocates palability of the stuff being dished out though ! :D

Back in the old T1...the food is suck. I once eat sambal sotong with "lalat" in it. I reported to them and they replace me a new plate and I still have to pay for it. :sorry:

I am not sure of this but Asian Kitchen and Jeselton cafe (located after immigration) are the same company with a diffrent name.

p/s: Starbuck open 4 days ago. (location - level 3 after immigration check)