MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

MAS To Announce Decision On Aircraft Purchase Plan Soon

How about the new Sukhoi Superjet 100?

Should be able to get a much better deal from the Russians & Sukhoi since we bought a few of their SU-30s & paid so much to send our man to space.

Most probably an all A320 fleet will replace B737.

Any chance MAS will get wide body aircrafts from Boeing? Or will they also go Airbus all the way? I worry that Airbus will repeat delays with the A350.Quite a lot of bull from Airbus nowadays. At least B787s are flying somewhere.

Edited by HijazKamalHasnan

Any chance MAS will get wide body aircrafts from Boeing? Or will they also go Airbus all the way? I worry that Airbus will repeat delays with the A350.Quite a lot of bull from Airbus nowadays. At least B787s are flying somewhere.

The 787 is not flying yet. It too has been delayed. Almost all new aircrafts are delayed and it is not exclusive to Airbuses.

How about the new Sukhoi Superjet 100?

Should be able to get a much better deal from the Russians & Sukhoi since we bought a few of their SU-30s & paid so much to send our man to space.

Very nice idea.. but then again, tight-pocket MH will have to invest more in pilot and FA trainings, spare-parts and engineers training, etc, etc...

But the idea of using Sukhoi Superjet is darn good, i tell you... :good:

Guest Michael

Come on guys no more bashing of MAS remember decisions take time ok?

More speculations..

Malaysia Airlines told the Bernama national news agency that it has "yet to make a decision" on the replacement for its 737s and A330s, but according to CFO Azmil Zahruddin that decision is close. The airline has issued RFPs for 55 narrowbody and 55 twin-aisle aircraft and a recent unidentified order posted by Boeing for 85 aircraft made up of 35 787s, 40 737s and 10 777s has some analysts speculating that MAS is the buyer (ATWOnline, March 14). The airline has a fleet of 111 aircraft.

by Geoffrey Thomas

http://www.atwonline.com/news/other.html?i...e=3%2F28%2F2008

Dont be suprised when they announce the aircraft replacement programme,;

Narrow body :A320 family for B734

Wide body : B777-300ER to replace B744

source from MAS flight operations management.

..... source from MAS flight operations management.

Now these sources of info I feel is more credible than what we read/hear about in the main stream media :)

Thanks ! :good:

Quite a lot of bull from Airbus nowadays. At least B787s are flying somewhere.
And that's quite a bit of bull from you. 787s flying somewhere is a figment of your imagination.
The MH crew already have the familiarization with the 737 family, so getting the A320 aircraft would then require a lot of additional cost such as training, maintenance etc.
All such "extra" costs are priced into the whole deal - hence there really is no additional cost per se. See how Easyjet transitioned from 733s to A319s.

And that's quite a bit of bull from you. 787s flying somewhere is a figment of your imagination.All such "extra" costs are priced into the whole deal - hence there really is no additional cost per se. See how Easyjet transitioned from 733s to A319s.

Isn't MH said a while ago, going to stick to two types one manufacturer for future to reduce operating cost?

@ Mushrif LA

Quote Wikipedia

Boeing featured its first 787 in a roll out ceremony on July 8, 2007 at its assembly factory in Everett, Washington.

I was referring to this.... I made a mistake of typing b787s rather than a b787 and yes it's just a roll out model and it does not fly..no need to get all rude..a simple correction would suffice thank you.At least Boeing got something to show. :rolleyes: .

Edited by HijazKamalHasnan

Unless the cost is to be sbsorbed by AIRBUS, otherwise MH wont be making that harsh decision to buy the A320s. AIRBUS is hunger for sales now and thus i am expecting that they may give lucrative deal so as to lure MH to take the A320s.

Do you guys think the A380 should be canceled? Especially as they ordered only six, whilst having a present fleet of 11 744s?

But I guess 10 77W's + six A380's sounds just about right.

A supposedly well-informed poster at a.net said that the huge unidentified order was from two different customers.

Could it be MH got the 35 787's and 10 777's since now it is being widely reported the A320 is the prefered option?

It makes me wonder though, who was Boeing referring to when they said "the purchases were mostly by carriers from Malaysia and Indonesia" during the Singapore Airshow?

http://www.livemint.com/2008/02/04000324/B...-8-billion.html

http://www.atwonline.com/news/other.html?i...e=3%2F28%2F2008

speculations speculations..

"a recent unidentified order posted by Boeing for 85 aircraft made up of 35 787s, 40 737s and 10 777s has some analysts speculating that MAS is the buyer" (ATWOnline, March 14)

Hope that's true ;) I am more of a Boeing fan.

the only reason why i could think of now why MH would go for A320 is because of discounts or should i say compensation by Airbus.. and maybe to buy some delivery slots of AK . .

Edited by Y C LEONG

If it aint Boeing, I aint flying...

Seriously, they have such a good relationship with Boeing...thanx to depreciation of USD, now it's the best time to convert those Ringgit for more.

IJ may want to complement his FSVC with Tupolev Tu-204 and IL-96s....Aeroflot probably doesn't want them anymore...NOW is our chance!!!

@ Mushrif LAQuote WikipediaBoeing featured its first 787 in a roll out ceremony on July 8, 2007 at its assembly factory in Everett, Washington. I was referring to this.... I made a mistake of typing b787s rather than a b787 and yes it's just a roll out model and it does not fly..no need to get all rude..a simple correction would suffice thank you.At least Boeing got something to show. :rolleyes: .
Just using your own words. Saying another party is full of bull whilst dishing out your own bull a few words later will attract brickbats. Pot calling the kettel black?
If it aint Boeing, I aint flying...Seriously, they have such a good relationship with Boeing...thanx to depreciation of USD, now it's the best time to convert those Ringgit for more.
Airbus is also priced in US$, and they are suffering quite a bit because of that, as much of costs in Euros, etc.
Unless the cost is to be sbsorbed by AIRBUS, otherwise MH wont be making that harsh decision to buy the A320s. AIRBUS is hunger for sales now and thus i am expecting that they may give lucrative deal so as to lure MH to take the A320s.
It's a given - transition costs will be part of the package. Whilst there's no such thing as a free lunch, it's all priced in. Otherwise, no sales will be clinched.

Well they did say that they would announce the orders by the end of the first quarter right? Technically tomorrow would be the very last day of the first quarter. Its a monday too. Good day to announce orders, no? :)

IJ may want to complement his FSVC with Tupolev Tu-204 and IL-96s....Aeroflot probably doesn't want them anymore...NOW is our chance!!!

:lol: HAHAHA

I don't know if you guys are following the discussion on a.net with regards to the unidentified customer and speculation that it's MH.

But

Quoting Hamlet69 (Reply 111):

AFAIK, orders are:

737-800

777-300ER

787-9

Quoting Hamlet69 (Reply 83):

And if you want a taste - how about this: The customer responsible for the 787's probably isn't done yet, which is most likely why it is a UFO.

Quoting Hamlet69 (Reply 108):

Since I already mentioned that the latest update is only two customers

Dammit.. wish I worked for Boeing...

Sign in to follow this