MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Smith

Weekender to Sydney

G'day all,

here's just a selection of what I saw, flew on last weekend when I popped over to Sydney for the weekend. I was lucky enough to fly 4 sectors, with the details in my signature below for those interested...

Anyhoo, there's quite a few pics to share, so i've reduced the quality to allow quicker loading times...

734 VH-TJU pulling into the gate in MEL on arrival from CBR. It is taking me right back there

mel1.jpg

On approach into CBR from seat 9A

cbr1.jpg

I met up with Aaron and Benny who had just flown into CBR on DJ's new Jungle Jet (or what they call "Capital Jet" service). We had all booked the same flight back to SYD, QF1472 ("Sunstate 472 Delta"...Sunstate being the QFlink carrier, 472 being the flight number, the first number is always omitted in Eastern/Sunstate callsigns, and because it is a Q400, which is a diff class of plane to other Dash 8's, in this case, code D they add "delta). We were lucky enough to get VH-QOH!

cbr2.jpg

View from 2A enroute to SYD

syd2.jpg

Disembarking at Terminal 3, Sydney. QF on their (non-jet) CBR services uses a unique system, whereby you climb up stairs into an aerobridge after disembarking from the a/c. Anyone recognise the 2 gents in the bottom left!

syd3.jpg

Now safely in Sydney after 10.5hrs of travelling (hahaha, tad longer than the 4hrs direct :lol: ) here's a small selection of what we saw...

"Air Canada 034" the 77L service direct to YVR be ops by C-FIUF today. Bah, I had seen this bird just 1 month earlier in HKG!

syd4.jpg

DJ's new Jungle jet departing to Albury, E-170 VH-ZHA

syd5.jpg

One of 2 USN E-6B's seen leaving Sydney that afternoon! (162783 and 162784)

syd6.jpg

Transmile 722F 9M-TGG replacing 722F VH-DHE while she is away in SZB for a C-check

syd7.jpg

New QF A332 passing a not as new JQ A332. New QF scheme does not suit the A332's frame

syd8.jpg

-EBC meets -EBB

syd9.jpg

A very light A332 VH-EBB departing to Bali

syd10.jpg

So happy to see this again! 9M-MPB rolling for KL

syd11.jpg

744 HS-TGW taxiing out to 34L by the beach for departure to BKK

syd12.jpg

And before we called it a day, Norfolk Air/Ozjet's 732 VH-OZD taxi's out behind TG for departure to NLK

syd13.jpg

Enjoy!

Gibby, Hibby is looking good under those lights, wonderful traffic and shots u have there.... Looks a.net worthy most of it :drinks:

Gibby,

Some real nice shots there, esp. the one of the Q400: fabulous livery !!!

Nice spot there at SYD...and some great weather too; with different traffic as compared to Europe, it's a 'must' visit place - should finally make some plans to go 'down under' :pardon:

Thanks for sharing, bro !!! :drinks:

Awesome photos there, Liam! Much healthier traffics compared to YPPH. :D

No wonder... Would love to try to shoot from the beach one day. :)

Cheers!

Pieter, give me plenty of notice and i'll meet you in Sydney for sure! Its about time you get down here...u're always getting close, but never crossing the border!! Actually on my next Seeeeedkneee trip, I wanna head back to CBR...dunno why, was just slightly intrigued and the airport is immaculate (being former military and the place heads of states goes i'm not surprised), I mean you could eat off the apron its that well maintained! That was the first time i'd even passed through my nations capital!

Nice pics Liam.....and great light too.

I will be in Melbourne for a week of business meetings in early May and is now tempeted to just sneak off to Sydney for some spotting over the weekend if time permits!

Certainly was lucky to get on the pink Dash! I also was lucky to take this BIRD to MEL, just 2.5days after she was first rolled out as a logojet!

Kwek, if you get the chance head up to Sydney, there certainly is some great spots around the place! But most importantly plenty of Krispy Kreme's outlets..hahaha

Cheers!

Pieter, give me plenty of notice and i'll meet you in Sydney for sure! Its about time you get down here...u're always getting close, but never crossing the border!!

Will definitely give you ample time for meeting me in SYD (as well as PER, or MEL)...nice honeymoon destination(s) - hint hint :pardon:

Fuuuhh~!!! Nice Spotting place... BeautifulL Scenery.. Great Traffic.. SyiOk~!!! :good:good:

Sign in to follow this